Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Parole, Probation, Work Release & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in New York should be posted here.

Old 08-14-2013, 11:29 AM

Question Three-Quarter Houses

Hello,

I'm an NYC-based journalist, and am working on a story about three-quarter houses. Has anyone lived in a three-quarter house? If so, what was the experience like? And how did you find out about the house?

Thanks in advance to anyone who shares their story!
Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-2013, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,231 Times in 3,099 Posts

Media / Journalists & Students / Researchers:
When a journalist or member of the media posts on the site - or students/researchers post on the site for research purposes - they are expected to explain the purpose of the request to the members and to encourage members to post their stories in the thread. Considering the fact that this is a prisoner-oriented site, any media stories evolving from PTO communication should be that of a positive nature. Requests with the intent of provoking derogatory comments about prisoners or corrections officers will not be tolerated. Inviting outside contact of PTO members is also not allowed. Persons in the media and students/researchers are also not allowed to send unsolicited emails and/or private messages to members of PTO. Posting a personal email address within the thread is also not allowed. It is not the responsibility of the PTO Administration or Staff to authenticate or verify any statement or facts purported by members of PTO. At the discretion of PTO Administration, any media-related post/request or research-related post/request may be removed from the site. This may be done without warning or prior notification. PTO does not endorse any media outlet, journalist, member of the media or media story/report, or any students/researchers or involved educational/research institution. However, any information obtained from this site must be credited to Prisontalk.com and its members. Failure to follow these rules and policies will result in the request being immediately removed from the site and permanent banning of the media member(s) or students/researchers involved.
Old 08-14-2013, 03:29 PM

Thank you for the info, sas4221. I totally respect the guidelines you listed.

And yes, I completely intend to treat all of my interviewees (or in this case, people who post) with dignity and respect. The aim of the story is to highlight the city's lack of affordable housing options for people coming out of prison (who don't have family or loved ones to move in with). At this point I'm trying to get a sense of people's experiences in three-quarter houses because—to my understanding—it's a frequently used option.