Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 08-22-2013, 05:22 PM

Question Intro--tbrown26 from Indianapolis

hi im sooooo new to this and came across this site in hopes to settle my mind at night leading up to my surrender date in about 2-3weeks now. I have never been in handcuffs or anything, but I will be going to a fmc/bop camp? not sure which is which or what it means but im so scared and worried that im making myself sick. I was sentenced to 20months with 3yrs probation on a plea for 457 victims and $79k restitution, but the actual amount that I will be paying is ONLY $11K! of course there is a man involved, but the crime happened in 2007 and I was just sentenced in May. I left him in 2012 and I did get a restraining order in april of 2012, surprisingly in july, I got an indictment letter on 8counts...im so worried about this that I cant sleep...the judge again gave me 20moths, as she said that I had enough time to leave the situation...how can you tell someone in an abusive controlling relationship, when they should leave....?

so now the question is this...what should I expect in the coming weeks...what is this camp going to be like, I know its not a camp, however I just wanna know that ill make it out, that I can get my ged and learn something outta this....

thanks a bunch!
-llb
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2013, 07:02 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,092 Times in 568 Posts

Just wanted to welcome you to PTO. You will find much information and support here. You may want to check out your State Forum and sub forums for specific information. Good luck to you.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 08-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,451 Times in 13,481 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. A minimum security camp is by far the best situation in the bop. Here is a link to a sticky about federal women's camps
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50568

and the federal forums.
http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=186

You will earn 78 days of good time off of your 20 month sentence, and you may be able to spend the last couple of months of the remaining time in a half way house or even living at home on home confinement. Ask your unit team, counselor, case manager, unit/camp manager how much HWH time they will recommend.