Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in Florida facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:33 AM

Default Will I be approved to visit my boyfriend in Florida?

My boyfriend gets sentenced in two weeks. He is getti ng at least five yeim ars. I have a possession of listed chemicals with intent to manufactur , possession of drug equipment and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon with out intent. The assault was in 2007 its a second degree and my possession of listed chemicals was a second degree felony in 2010. I am worried I wont get approved for visits. Would it help if we got married?
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2014, 01:59 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Are you still on probation from any of the charges? You have to be OFF of probation for a year to be able to visit in Florida DOC.

As for getting married, being married won't change things with regard to the security check for visitation. You'll either pass it or you won't. They don't care if you are his mother, his wife, or his sister. The background check requirements are the same.

However, being married does give you more status with DOC to get information and get things done for him. And if there is the possibility of him going to work release, you can't sponsor his furloughs unless you are legally married. Basically, to DOC you don't exist as his girlfriend or fiance. Without that piece of paper, you are nothing to them.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to NAN425 For This Useful Post:
InsomniaCT (02-01-2014), laniesha73 (07-12-2014), Scooby6773 (02-04-2014)