Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Illinois

Old 10-10-2014, 02:19 PM

Default B/F transfered from Stateville to Sheridan. I'd like to visit but I'm 16?

So my boyfriend was in county for 7 months. Then last month he got transfered to the recieving center at stateville..well then i got a email from vine telling me he was sent to sheridan and weve been talking about me coming to see him alot but this is what id like to know... Alright so im not looking for negative comments and i am not explaining myself to any anyone when i say this but im 16 years old. It says on the website that you have to be 17 to visit alone. Can i just write a letter to the warden and request to visit alone? Is my request likely to be accepted? Id love nothing more than to go see him. I never got to go see him in county either i cant wait another year and a half to see him..
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2014, 03:07 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,624 Times in 16,902 Posts

The Warden is not going ao approve a 16 year old to visit alone. Sorry sweetie. You may be able to go with another adult provided your parent/guardian supplies the proper permissions.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
nimuay (10-10-2014)
Old 10-10-2014, 08:27 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,273 Times in 1,547 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalashear View Post
So my boyfriend was in county for 7 months. Then last month he got transfered to the recieving center at stateville..well then i got a email from vine telling me he was sent to sheridan and weve been talking about me coming to see him alot but this is what id like to know... Alright so im not looking for negative comments and i am not explaining myself to any anyone when i say this but im 16 years old. It says on the website that you have to be 17 to visit alone. Can i just write a letter to the warden and request to visit alone? Is my request likely to be accepted? Id love nothing more than to go see him. I never got to go see him in county either i cant wait another year and a half to see him..
I doubt the warden would let you see him unless you have a really, really good reason. Saying "But I want to see him" won't work. They do it for your safety/security (though why 17 years old is considered an adult as opposed to 18 is beyond my understanding lol). Maybe you can tag along with his parents, though they'd have to have a notarized visitation consent form signed by your parents. You definitely can try to write a letter to the warden, but just hope for the best, but prepare yourself for the worst.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!