Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 07-06-2015, 12:30 AM

Default Urgent! friends and family... now is the time!

Mistreatment has been the norm within the Arizona DOC. For years I, like many of you, have watched my loved one endure unspeakable mistreatment and cruelties. From way over crowded pods, unbearable weather with no A/C, inedible foods, no access to any legal help or legal library, extremely limited and difficult access to the courts, constant noise, no peace, lights are never off, no true rest, working 40 hour weeks for slave wages at 40 cents an hour at best. Arizona has one of the the worst prisons in the nation and also has the highest prison population per-capita.

Until now, it seemed our voices would never be heard. That the world would always turn a blind eye to us and our situation of our loved ones being incarcerated. Now, we have a chance to be heard and to tell the cruel and unusual punishment our love ones endure on a daily basis.

I am asking all of us to banned together and insist on prison reform! Arizona is one of the LAST in the NATION to start any type of reform. Even Texas and California are on board. We finally have the attention of both he media and the governor so lets not let this once in a life time opportunity slip away!

Contact anyone and everyone you can to tell the real side of the story. The truth. You can do this by mail, email or by phone. Let them know how our loved ones are constantly being mistreated by guards and CO's. Tell them about how your loved ones either have or almost suffered heat stroke due to the lack of a/c in Hualapai and other units that have the same issue. Tell them about the inedible foods and the "not for human consumption" labels on many of them. Tell them about the lack of medical care and how long it takes for your loved one to even see a nurse, let alone an actual doctor. Tell them about how much money YOU have to spend, just to see them fed and speak to them for those short 15 minute calls.

The over crowding alone is inhumane. Cramming 60 men into one dormitory/pod is enough to drive anyone insane. No privacy,not even while using the restroom, no thoughts to yourself or quiet time. It's even hard to read a book with that many bodies in a tight space. They are housed like cattle that are getting ready for slaughter.

They also should be informed that Kingman does not follow policy during visitation by forcing the inmates to sit across from their loved ones. A policy they made up all on their own that no other yard does. They also took away the inmate bathroom therefore requiring a CO to watch the inmates relieve themselves, meanwhile, the visitation room is now either poorly or non-supervised. That was all so Kingman can makeup their own rules and not follow policy. Dangerous and against the law.

The time is now. We will not have this opportunity long. Soon, the world will move on to another hot topic and we will once again be forgotten and left to be judged once again, and we can't let that happen. Monday morning write letters, email, make phone calls or all the above. Whatever you feel comfortable doing. Keep pursuing because this is a real issue that demands change.

If any of you need support, suggestions, or just some guidance on how to draft your concern, please PM me. I am happy to help. Also, for those of you who have heard from your loved one, please still take action. Do not let your ease of anxiety prohibit your willingness to fight for change and reform. We never know when this will happen again and we cannot lose this opportunity to make the lives better for us, our loved ones, and for those to come.

Here are a list of people you can contact to make a difference. I have listed those who are politically in-charge and the local media. Please contact as many as you can!

The Governor's Office:
Attn: Doug Ducey
1700 West Washington Street
Phoenix, AZ 85007

Phoenix: 602.542.4331
Tucson: 520.628.6580

http://azgovernor.gov/governor/form/...governor-ducey

Arizona State Senate
Capitol Complex
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2890
(602) 926-3559

Arizona House of Representatives
Capitol Complex
1700 West Washington
Phoenix, AZ 85007-2890
(602) 926-4221

Central Office
Attn: Charles Ryan
1601 W. Jefferson
Phoenix, AZ 85007
602-542-5497

Arizona Republic
Tips: (602)-444-NEWS
email: newstips@arizonarepublic.com

FOX10 News:
NEWS ROOM: (602) 262-5109
email: press@fox10phoenix.com

ABC15:
News Desk: (602) 685-6397
The Following User Says Thank You to chachkie For This Useful Post:
WSAZbella (07-06-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2015, 03:02 PM

There is another reporter that is eager to talk to inmates and their families and has requested I add their contact information as well

Associated Press out of Northern Arizona:
(928) 213-5740
aparizona@ap.org
Old 10-20-2015, 08:50 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new to this site and have attended a local public hearing on the Kingman Riots. There is an opportunity to have our stories heard in front of Arizona State Legislators on Tuesday, November 17th at 1pm AZ time.
Please contact Caroline Isaacs asap, at CIsaacs@afsc.org. Tell your loved one's story.

Sent: Thursday, October 8, 2015 10:41 AM
Subject: Meeting request

Dear Senator Ward and Representatives Borelli and Cobb,

Given that you all represent the district in which the Kingman prison is located, and that you were unable to make it to our public hearing on privatization last week, I would like to schedule a small meeting with you at your convenience.

The purpose of the meeting would be to share with you some of the testimonies presented at the hearing. In particular, a family member of a prisoner in Kingman would like to speak to you directly about her loved one’s experiences there.

I am sure you are all very busy, so we would be happy to meet at your convenience. We could meet with you in district, if that would be best. Please let me know what dates you might be available. Thank you for your kind attention.
Caroline Isaacs
The Following User Says Thank You to lifeinaz For This Useful Post:
Lini (10-20-2015)