Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 06-19-2015, 01:02 AM

Question Coming Home - What can I expect at a halfway house?

Preparing to go pick up my husband and transport him to his assigned halfway house (HWH) in nearly a month. I'm having a hard time grasping what his time at the HWH will be like. His counselor is telling us next to nothing and I have no idea what to plan for. He isn't even certain on how many days they have decided he will have to stay. I'm not sure how often we will be able to see him, and our family would really like to know something before the big day comes.

Looking for those who have gone through this process in the past. If you've dealt with Hillsborough County RRCs (Tampa, FL) specifically, that'd be even better. Thank you in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2015, 07:43 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,421 Posts

I am so sorry no one has replied to this post.

I know nothing about release as Marty is a lifer, please forgive.

Maybe you can fill us in as you go? Would you be so kind, please?

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 07-13-2015, 08:48 PM
Patiently waiting

I don't know much but I know a little something. So this what I do know...
  • They are allowed to have their street clothes there
  • They do have visitation at the halfway house normally on the weekends
  • Most halfway houses have "no movement" for the first week which means the first week that you get there, you are not allowed to go out
  • They do give you weekend passes to spend with love ones, they also give them passes during the week to take care of business such as getting license, SSN card, etc. They also get passes to go to religious services, go to work, or look for work
  • After a certain amount of time at the halfway house, they can request home confinement for the rest of their sentence term
  • They also can have outside food! Halfway house food sucks just as much as jail food or worse. So they can have fast food, or any other outside food.

That's all I can't think of so far. If I think of anything else I will let you know. Good luck! And congrats on your homecoming!
Old 11-11-2015, 01:34 AM

Hi Veeelay, hope this is finding you well! How did it go?? I am so frustrated with not knowing what to expect with the halfway house situation! Thanks for your time and hope all is going well for you and yours!