Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-01-2016, 05:11 PM

Default What will happen after being approved for FI-3R?

I'm curious. Does anyone know where an inmate might be sent to do this Changes/Life skills program? (FI-3R) We knew he would go from Greenbay to middleton unit because of talk in the county jail and some research I saw online but are there select prisons who do this program? I want to try and get an idea of where my boyfriend might be sent? I'm scared he will go to El Paso which is eight hours away from me. I realize that he could literally go anywhere because its TDCJ but was wondering if anyone else's loved one got this program and wondering where they were sent? Thank you in advance if you reply.

Also its been exactly 45 days since he has been in the intake process. How much longer will I have to wait? Will he have to go the full 60 days of the intake process? I'm ready to hear my man's voice. We do letters constantly but I haven't heard his voice since March 17th and I'm getting impatient waiting for him to finally make a phone call.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2016, 05:52 PM

It took mine close to 60 days. From Thanksgiving to first week of January. Our first visit was Jan 16.
Old 05-02-2016, 06:50 PM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

Are you saying he got a 3R from the Board while still in County? If so, that would be the first time I have seen that happen. And, if that actually occurred, do not be surprised if the vote is rescinded precisely because the agency has no way of knowing for sure when he will be received into custody.

That being said, the 3R curricula is offered on MANY units. It is not like IPTC or even the SOTP where you are dealing with just a small handful of units Statewide...
Old 05-02-2016, 07:24 PM

No, his parole hearing was at John Middleton unit. I just meant that when he was at county that I knew he would be transferred to one of five units middleton being one of them. I just didnt know if specific programs were offered at specific units. He might even stay at middleton. He has a state charge that is running concurrent with his TDCJ charge. He has to do the state time jail until at least august. I believe this parole approval was for the TDCJ charge I'm not quite sure. So his dad who is a cop thinks he will be transferred closer to fort worth such as the hutchins state jail to finish his state time jail there. I have a friend who is at Hutchins and he said that they offer that program there. I know he could literally go anywhere but I was just curious to see where he could be sent. I'm being impatient lol thank you for the help!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasflower08 View Post
It took mine close to 60 days. From Thanksgiving to first week of January. Our first visit was Jan 16.
Thank you! I just want to be able to get phone calls already. It feels like it will never happen at this point.....
Old 05-02-2016, 10:03 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 3,915 Times in 1,340 Posts

They have Changes at Middleton. I know that doesn't mean anything...my LO was put in classes there and then moved out to another unit, but he doesn't necessarily have to move solely to take that class. If they do move him it really could be anywhere because so many units have that class. No telling.

I'm sure he'll be done with intake soon! It took us 50 days, I believe.

Last edited by WeepingWillow; 05-02-2016 at 10:05 PM..
Old 05-03-2016, 01:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mel_josephine View Post
No, his parole hearing was at John Middleton unit. I just meant that when he was at county that I knew he would be transferred to one of five units middleton being one of them. I just didnt know if specific programs were offered at specific units. He might even stay at middleton. He has a state charge that is running concurrent with his TDCJ charge. He has to do the state time jail until at least august. I believe this parole approval was for the TDCJ charge I'm not quite sure. So his dad who is a cop thinks he will be transferred closer to fort worth such as the hutchins state jail to finish his state time jail there. I have a friend who is at Hutchins and he said that they offer that program there. I know he could literally go anywhere but I was just curious to see where he could be sent. I'm being impatient lol thank you for the help!
You show a Tarrant County location. Many of the State Jail sentences out of that County that are not 'eaten up' by the TDCJ-CID sentence are going to go to Lindsey. However, in this instance, no transfer to the custody of the State Jail Division is going to occur unless things changed in the past few weeks...that sentence presently appears as a detainer if it is viewable on the mainframe. And under current TDCJ practice, ANY detainer precludes the placement into a therapeutic program. As such, I am guessing the FI-3R tentative program begin date is keyed to the month immediately following the expiration of the State Jail sentence.

Distilled, if the State Jail sentence is viewable when you look at his information on the website, the vote was likely an FI-3R for September (or later).

If the State Jail sentence is NOT viewable online, then the FI-3R is subject to being rescinded or modified when it becomes known to the Board.

While the program associated with the FI-3R is offered on some facilities holding State Jail offenders, it is offered to the offenders on the TDCJ-CID side, not those on the State Jail side.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (05-03-2016)
Old 05-03-2016, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
You show a Tarrant County location. Many of the State Jail sentences out of that County that are not 'eaten up' by the TDCJ-CID sentence are going to go to Lindsey. However, in this instance, no transfer to the custody of the State Jail Division is going to occur unless things changed in the past few weeks...that sentence presently appears as a detainer if it is viewable on the mainframe. And under current TDCJ practice, ANY detainer precludes the placement into a therapeutic program. As such, I am guessing the FI-3R tentative program begin date is keyed to the month immediately following the expiration of the State Jail sentence.

Distilled, if the State Jail sentence is viewable when you look at his information on the website, the vote was likely an FI-3R for September (or later).

If the State Jail sentence is NOT viewable online, then the FI-3R is subject to being rescinded or modified when it becomes known to the Board.

While the program associated with the FI-3R is offered on some facilities holding State Jail offenders, it is offered to the offenders on the TDCJ-CID side, not those on the State Jail side.
this is what the website says: FI-3R (06/2016)- Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program, such as Changes/Lifeskills, and release to parole on or after completion and not earlier than three months from the specified date of 06/2016. Thank you for the information!
Old 05-03-2016, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeepingWillow View Post
They have Changes at Middleton. I know that doesn't mean anything...my LO was put in classes there and then moved out to another unit, but he doesn't necessarily have to move solely to take that class. If they do move him it really could be anywhere because so many units have that class. No telling.

I'm sure he'll be done with intake soon! It took us 50 days, I believe.
Its just a big guessing game which is the worst but I'm glad I can come on here and get a little bit of info on what might happen so I have some sort of comfort in knowing what to expect. Thank you! As far as today he is still in the intake process. Its only been 47 days as of today though. Where was your LO moved to?
Old 05-03-2016, 08:13 PM

Quote:
this is what the website says: FI-3R (06/2016)- Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program, such as Changes/Lifeskills, and release to parole on or after completion and not earlier than three months from the specified date of 06/2016. Thank you for the information!
Is the State Jail offense viewable online?

Yes, it IS germane to the discussion...
Old 05-03-2016, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Is the State Jail offense viewable online?

Yes, it IS germane to the discussion...
I believe its on the TDCJ website. He is at TDCJ because he violated probation for not reporting to his PO from a BURG HAB charge four years ago and after going to jail this past january he signed for two years but was eligible for parole in February and then approved parole april 20th at Middleton. The state charge is theft more than 2500 and the website says he has 180 days for that. The state charge just happened this year in january. He also had back time from when he was at tarrant county jail four years ago which was three months I believe. I hope this made sense. Thought it would be better to just tell you the whole story.
Old 05-03-2016, 09:12 PM

How can you be online and NOT be able to answer a simple question? If it is viewable, then the Board knew about it. If it ISN'T viewable, then they didn't have the revocation to work with. The presence of the conviction has EVERYTHING to do with being able to answer your question. And yes, this IS where I start to lose patience with someone calling for information...it is no different than the poster over the past few days that misrepresented a vehicular fatality and then conceded that another poster's comment about it having been intox-related was correct.

Without the relevant facts, competent guidance cannot be provided...
Old 05-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Southern Fried Site Moderator on Leave

Thanked 3,915 Times in 1,340 Posts

Quote:
Its just a big guessing game which is the worst but I'm glad I can come on here and get a little bit of info on what might happen so I have some sort of comfort in knowing what to expect. Thank you! As far as today he is still in the intake process. Its only been 47 days as of today though. Where was your LO moved to?
He moved around a bit and eventually made it to Beto outside of Palestine. He hates the unit but he's only two hours away from me and his family, so it's not all bad.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:20 PM

UPDATE

Took 70 days or 47 busy days for him to get off the intake process. Got my very first phone call on May 23. It's been over two months but I was very very happy to finally hear his voice. Now we wait to see if he gets transferred and just wait till he can finally be home.
The Following User Says Thank You to mel_josephine For This Useful Post:
WeepingWillow (05-24-2016)