Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 03-17-2017, 04:33 PM

Default 14 day sentence in Lynnwood County Jail

Hello guys I have just been sentence to 14 days with one day credit to the Lynnwood county jail women's facility (la county) this is for my 2nd dui (yes I know how stupid to make this mistake 2 times but non the less I am in this situation and it will be my last) I have never been to jail in my life minus when I was arrested and kept a for a few hours. Needless to say I'm very fearful of the whole experience. I am set to surrender myself April 13th I would just like to know if anyone has recently been let out early or what the over cwrouding looks like or if I can realistically expect to get out any earlier. My lawyer suspects 2-3 days but idk . I'm extremely scared of losing my job.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-2017, 04:50 PM

Also I am surrendering to the court what would u recommend I wear or have with me like do I take my phone and money with me . I just have no idea how this works
Old 03-17-2017, 04:54 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 6,384 Times in 2,372 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayjay1 View Post
Hello guys I have just been sentence to 14 days with one day credit to the Lynnwood county jail women's facility (la county) this is for my 2nd dui (yes I know how stupid to make this mistake 2 times but non the less I am in this situation and it will be my last) I have never been to jail in my life minus when I was arrested and kept a for a few hours. Needless to say I'm very fearful of the whole experience. I am set to surrender myself April 13th I would just like to know if anyone has recently been let out early or what the over cwrouding looks like or if I can realistically expect to get out any earlier. My lawyer suspects 2-3 days but idk . I'm extremely scared of losing my job.
Generally speaking anything under 30 days processes out very quickly. Worst case would be that 2-3 days your lawyer mentioned, but it might be a simple process-and-release.

County jail is easy enough if you're a short-termer. Conditions won't be comfortable, some of the other inmates will be difficult to deal with, but enough of the other people in there will be first-timers and in for similar things that you probably won't have too much trouble. And given the bed shortage, it's very possible that you'll find yourself out without spending a single night in the joint.

I guess my best advice is...don't bring anything with you that you won't need. Make sure your dress-in/dress-out clothing is basic. Don't bring electronic devices. Don't bring drugs unless you want to catch a new charge. (That should be a given but you'd be shocked how many people get caught bringing drugs into the jail, it's a very serious issue.) And remember the people you're in with are human beings too, so while I wouldn't be generous with money/resources, talking with them is all right. Just be cautious about how much you share with them.

Good luck.

-E

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-17-2017, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Generally speaking anything under 30 days processes out very quickly. Worst case would be that 2-3 days your lawyer mentioned, but it might be a simple process-and-release.

County jail is easy enough if you're a short-termer. Conditions won't be comfortable, some of the other inmates will be difficult to deal with, but enough of the other people in there will be first-timers and in for similar things that you probably won't have too much trouble. And given the bed shortage, it's very possible that you'll find yourself out without spending a single night in the joint.

I guess my best advice is...don't bring anything with you that you won't need. Make sure your dress-in/dress-out clothing is basic. Don't bring electronic devices. Don't bring drugs unless you want to catch a new charge. (That should be a given but you'd be shocked how many people get caught bringing drugs into the jail, it's a very serious issue.) And remember the people you're in with are human beings too, so while I wouldn't be generous with money/resources, talking with them is all right. Just be cautious about how much you share with them.

Good luck.

-E
Thank u so much for ur reply this helps slit I'm just feeling very anxious about it today
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayjay1 For This Useful Post:
missingdee (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 12:46 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 6,384 Times in 2,372 Posts

Quote:
Thank u so much for ur reply this helps slit I'm just feeling very anxious about it today
Completely understood. I do not envy your situation at all. I hope that it will go smoothly and quickly for you.
-E

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
Old 03-21-2017, 01:16 PM

Quote:

2-3 days is probably the worst case scenario. People with longer sentences are getting released within a day or two so don't stress too much. Wear comfortable clothes because jail is cold and you want to be warm at least before they make you change. Fully charge your phone and turn in off so it'll work when you get out. Put it in your pocket so it goes into your property so you'll have it when you get out. Also be sure to bring cash and your id and any cards you might want access to when you are released. Put it in your pocket since they won't hold a purse for you. Cash is also important if you end up being in long enough to buy stuff/make phone calls. Like the other poster said you're probably only going to be there for like a day, and most people are first timers. Don't worry.
Old 03-23-2017, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I pray it goes smoothly for you... I got sentenced to 96hrs, I am also turning myself in to court on 4/20...please follow up on here on how it went for you..I have anxiety over it as well...
God bless you
Old 03-24-2017, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaingirl23 View Post
2-3 days is probably the worst case scenario. People with longer sentences are getting released within a day or two so don't stress too much. Wear comfortable clothes because jail is cold and you want to be warm at least before they make you change. Fully charge your phone and turn in off so it'll work when you get out. Put it in your pocket so it goes into your property so you'll have it when you get out. Also be sure to bring cash and your id and any cards you might want access to when you are released. Put it in your pocket since they won't hold a purse for you. Cash is also important if you end up being in long enough to buy stuff/make phone calls. Like the other poster said you're probably only going to be there for like a day, and most people are first timers. Don't worry.
Thanks for ur reply , being on here reading everyone experiences helps a lot I'm hoping that these estimations are right. I am fearful of jail but more fearful of losing my job. Definitely lesson learned
Old 03-24-2017, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolixrufo View Post
I pray it goes smoothly for you... I got sentenced to 96hrs, I am also turning myself in to court on 4/20...please follow up on here on how it went for you..I have anxiety over it as well...
God bless you
Thank you for the well wishes I will defiantly update this thread when I get released.i go in on the 13th so praying I'm out in time to update u b4 u go in.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jayjay1 For This Useful Post:
yolixrufo (03-27-2017)