Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 08-31-2017, 11:09 PM

Unhappy Altercation: will it affect/hurt him being able to be granted parole?

My fiancee has his parole review coming up within the month, however, while he had been doing good I find out that there was another inmate that provoked my fiancee to have to fight but was just defending himself. They placed my fiancee in the hole for 10 days, from what his mom told me. Does anyone know if this will affect/hurt him being able to be granted parole at his review date?? and does anyone know just how long they keep an inmate from being able to make calls?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-2017, 05:02 AM

Thanked 3,005 Times in 1,805 Posts

I think it all depends on if he received a ticket or not. But it may. Good luck to you both.
Old 09-01-2017, 06:19 AM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

If he got solitary, then there was a major disciplinary sanction imposed. The impact of that sanction will depend on whether this is an initial review or a subsequent review.

An initial review HAS to occur, even if someone was demoted to Line Class III, if their time calculations meet statutory requirements. A favorable vote will not typically occur, but the review HAS to take place. I have had two cases off the top of my head where there was major disciplinary sanction in the six months prior to an initial review and where favorable action was obtained from a Panel.

If this is a subsequent review, then major sanctions can result in the removal from the review process. Where the disciplinary sanction occurs between the IPO interview and the vote, favorable action will be rescinded once the file gets back to Austin.
Old 09-03-2017, 03:36 AM

Arrow first review

@ centxlyn, thank you for that information. His parole review will be his first one.... and from the information that was given to me, they had him by himself for 10 days, but then will return back to room he was at before. so, i am basically looking at a 50/50 chance???
Old 09-03-2017, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygirl17 View Post
I think it all depends on if he received a ticket or not. But it may. Good luck to you both.

Thank you bunches.... but as far as receiving a ticket, I'm not too sure about that, i am only able to get very little information....
Old 09-03-2017, 06:39 AM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggrick's girl View Post
@ centxlyn, thank you for that information. His parole review will be his first one.... and from the information that was given to me, they had him by himself for 10 days, but then will return back to room he was at before. so, i am basically looking at a 50/50 chance???
A major case will put the kibosh of just about any chance of favorable action that includes an actual release. Keep in mind, those two cases I referenced were clients across a span of about 20 years. One was in the infancy of discretionary mandatory supervision and the other had substantial medical issues and the major disciplinary had occurred within the first two weeks of arrival.

You NEED to know what sanctions were imposed.
Old 09-04-2017, 09:56 PM

Angry

@CenTexLyn,
thanks for the information you are providing me. As far as finding out what the sanction was, well that's been my issue for the past week. Before my fiancee was incarcerated we had been separated, then he got incarcerated, i found out about it made contact via letter and we were blessed to find our way back to each other. SO, with that shared, he hadn't put me on his visitors list, and when he tried to do it they gave him a hard time. So he proposed to me, i accepted, we took care of the common law documents and i was told that once they received those documents that i would be put on visitors list immediately, well that didn't happen... ok, sorry didn't mean to go off to another topic, my point with that information is the following: when i call the unit to request information, they tell me they can't tell me anything because i'm not on his visitors list, regardless that they have me listed as his wife. Then i asked if that meant that whomever he had on his visitors list could basically call and get all the information in regards to my fiancee but me being his wife could get no information??? they replied with "that's exactly true". And so, i have no information what-so-ever, and i have yet to receive a letter from him, because 1. it takes 3-4 days for me to receive and 2. being it was a holiday today, i may get one tomorrow, but tomorrow he has his parole review........ UGH!!!!