Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 11-10-2015, 04:25 PM

Default Need information on Rudd Unit!!!

My loved one was just transferred from Middleton to Rudd unit on yesterday...: when will he be able to call home and are the visits all contact? Any information will be helpful... Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2016, 05:59 PM

Default Rudd unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_wife15 View Post
My loved one was just transferred from Middleton to Rudd unit on yesterday...: when will he be able to call home and are the visits all contact? Any information will be helpful... Thank you!!!
I am looking for information on Rudd Unit also, my son was transferred there from Middleton last week.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:39 PM

Hello!! Never got a response but I have visited several times and it's a laid back facility. Guards are guards oh and all my visits have been contact. It took one month exactly before I was able to talk to him on the phone and the next day was a weekend we were able to visit.

Last edited by Johns_wife15; 01-14-2016 at 05:41 PM..
Old 03-30-2016, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johns_wife15 View Post
Hello!! Never got a response but I have visited several times and it's a laid back facility. Guards are guards oh and all my visits have been contact. It took one month exactly before I was able to talk to him on the phone and the next day was a weekend we were able to visit.
hello. quick question. was he able to get contact visits in middleton. i saw my husband and it was a general visit. he just got moved to rudd this week. he was in middleton for a little over 50 days. so your loved one was in rudd for 1 month before being able to make calls? thanks appreciate your info
Old 04-24-2018, 11:44 AM

Does anyone know if they check for warrants upon visiting??!! Please
Old 04-25-2018, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.franco89 View Post
I'm not familiar with this unit but I don't believe they check if you have warrants. I have visited other units with ticket warrants and have not had a problem.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:21 PM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.franco89 View Post
The terminals CAN be used to access TCIC/NCIC. HOWEVER, without certification as a TLETS operator, one cannot access the network. The agency generally does not afford such training to correctional officers.

That being said, there are MANY areas around the State where local law enforcement steps up traffic enforcement on weekends precisely because they KNOW there will be people driving with active warrants. That means if you care about your vehicle and not being locked up, you will clear the warrants before driving to a prison. If you get stopped and are found to have a warrant and have nobody to drive the vehicle for you, the vehicle WILL be impounded (add another $150 or so to your weekend) and you WILL likely be spending a night in jail (or more). Have a kid with you and it becomes even more complicated...