Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 10-29-2018, 05:47 PM

Question Arrived Garza West 10/1: How much longer for phone calls & visits?

Hello! Iím new to this so I would really appreciate any help! Hereís everything so far:
(2018)
Got into county: 07/25
PED: 08/11
Sentenced: 09/05 two years
Moved to Garza West: 10/01
Parole Interview: 10/11
Approved for parole [YAY] FI-3R (01/19): 10/26
PRD: 04/19/2019
SO my questions..
How much longer until phone calls? I was able to talk to him via three-way call yesterday but I would like to know when he will be eligible
Visits.. how much longer? And also I need the COMMON LAW AFFIDAVIT FORM if anyone has it please... he says he is unable to get it
How long should it be until he is home? I have heard everything goes by slower because of the holidays. Also, if it is FI-3R (01/2019), it means three months AFTER January, correct? So April? Will he still be released on his PRD if class is not complete? Any and every information helps thank you all!💗
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2018, 06:52 PM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

Phone calls are a combination of things, to include when he does his voice recognition recording and when you registered your phone. Until both of those have been done, he won't be calling...

Unless you are truly common-law, then it is NOT worth the risk that comes through disciplinary sanctions. Once caught, he WILL lose the parole vote as well as the projected minimum release date that is currently calculated.

DO NOT engage in three-way calls. Again, it is a great way to lose time and status on his end (which will kill the parole) AND ensure that you NEVER get approved to speak with him while he is in TDCJ. It never ceases to amaze me how often people disregard the warnings and then are just shocked when they get caught...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
patchouli (10-29-2018), penash12 (10-29-2018)
Old 10-29-2018, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
Phone calls are a combination of things, to include when he does his voice recognition recording and when you registered your phone. Until both of those have been done, he won't be calling...

Unless you are truly common-law, then it is NOT worth the risk that comes through disciplinary sanctions. Once caught, he WILL lose the parole vote as well as the projected minimum release date that is currently calculated.

DO NOT engage in three-way calls. Again, it is a great way to lose time and status on his end (which will kill the parole) AND ensure that you NEVER get approved to speak with him while he is in TDCJ. It never ceases to amaze me how often people disregard the warnings and then are just shocked when they get caught...
Thank you. We are in a committed informal marriage. As for the phone call I didnít know it was going to be him, she just asked my name and then connected the call. Iíll have to tell him though. Thank you! Do you know how soon the classes start for the program he is to complete for parole?
Old 10-30-2018, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penash12 View Post
Thank you. We are in a committed informal marriage. As for the phone call I didnít know it was going to be him, she just asked my name and then connected the call. Iíll have to tell him though. Thank you! Do you know how soon the classes start for the program he is to complete for parole?
You have described a vote with a program begin date slated for January. As such, he could remain at Garza or he could move in the next few months. The release is expected to occur, by Board vote, no earlier than the beginning of April.
The Following User Says Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
penash12 (10-30-2018)
Old 10-30-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
You have described a vote with a program begin date slated for January. As such, he could remain at Garza or he could move in the next few months. The release is expected to occur, by Board vote, no earlier than the beginning of April.
Thank you so much for your information!
Old 11-02-2018, 08:45 AM

Default Does it really take 90 days?

Called Garza West unit and they said itíll take exactly 90 days for my fiancť to be able to make a phone call? Is it really 90 days?? Itís been 33 days so far. I had my number approved within the second week. Iím going crazy.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:48 AM

Also how long until I can send him an ecomm? He is only eligible for deposits at the moment.
Old 11-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,086 Posts

I merged your two threads as the subject matter is the same

Old 11-02-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by penash12 View Post
Also how long until I can send him an ecomm? He is only eligible for deposits at the moment.
Ecomm resets at the beginning of each quarter. As such someone who arrives after the start of the quarter (October in this case) will likely have to wait until January before appearing on the ecomm system for food and hygiene items. You can still make deposits through the system though...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
penash12 (11-06-2018), Sarianna (11-03-2018)
Old 11-09-2018, 02:59 PM

UPDATE: had my first visit today with my baby and it was GREAT! It was 40 days I hadn’t spoke or seen him. I am very happy and excited for next week. ����
The Following User Says Thank You to penash12 For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (11-11-2018)
Old 11-12-2018, 10:05 AM

Another update: got my first phone call today!
The Following User Says Thank You to penash12 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (11-12-2018)