Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:14 PM

Question 2 for 1 if trustee: what is trustee, how to become one?

I am a female going to jail in Maricopa county in November. I have really no idea what to expect. My plea agreement was for no more than 90 days. Is it likely that I will have to serve the entire 90 days? People (including my lawyer) have been telling me I can get 2 for 1 if I am a trustee... what is a trustee and how do I become one? Are there any other ways to get released early?
This may be a stupid question, but can I get work release if I don't have a job?

I should probably mention that I live out of state.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-16-2019, 09:21 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,266 Times in 1,683 Posts

So, you're looking at 90 days, huh? Well.....I'm not knowledgeable about Arizona affairs to do with the law and all. There are several PTO members here from AZ that hopefully will come along. I know that it's stressful, but know too, that in a few months once it begins, it'll all be over...a thing of the past that you look back upon and not in the here and now. So, try not worry about it or let it stress you out, O.K.? This too shall pass and it won't take that long. You're not alone and we're here for you. Always remember that about PTO...we know how you feel and many of us know from much experience that better days are ahead for you. Keep your chin up.
ImNotARobot (10-17-2019)
Old 10-17-2019, 09:19 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,623 Times in 16,902 Posts

That's about what I did on a 1 year sentence - 3 months. The county jail I was in is most likely much smaller than Maricopa county, and probably more laid back....but all in all 3 months is doable. I read in my bunk a lot, slept a lot, chatted some but not much. Some days it was so c-c-c-cold in there that all you could do was lay in your bunk and shiver - I think that's a behavior-control technique.

Anyway, don't ask too many questions, don't trust other's motives, be friendly enough but aloof at the same time. Don't start anything, but don't back down if push comes to shove. There were only a couple of fights the whole 3 months (not me), arguements and pissy attitudes were fairly frequent, but I stayed out of that crap and minded my own business.

It'll go by faster than you think, even without work release. You're not gonna get work release without a job. You can do this, get it behind you and move on with your life

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
ImNotARobot (10-17-2019)