Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Missouri Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 11:16 PM

I live in Jefferson COUNTY, but i travel to Jeff City....
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2006, 12:26 AM
pebbles loves bam-bam

Default to WMCC (Cameron) from anywhere

hello everyone

my fiance is currently in WMCC and I am living in Louisiana. I haven't really been able to see him due to the distance and really need to have a visit. I am interested in a visit on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I am seeking someone that is willing to rent out a room/couch or split hotel costs. I am also willing to split transportation costs. I would be catching a bus to Missouri so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:19 AM
pebbles loves bam-bam

Default thinking of moving

hey ladies

anyone have any information on the employment scene in cameron, missouri? i'm seriously considering moving, the distance between me & my honey is getting to be too much. being that i'm in louisiana...i'm totally clueless about the cameron area...never been there. any information would be totally stellar!

thanks ladies
Old 07-05-2006, 12:39 PM

You'd be better off moving closer to Kansas City and driving between KC and Cameron. It's only an hour each way, give or take, and the employment opportunities are far more abundant in KC then Cameron.

Lisa
Old 07-05-2006, 04:02 PM
pebbles loves bam-bam

Default moving to missouri

thank you for the info...i appreciate the help
Old 07-05-2006, 04:43 PM
pebbles loves bam-bam

does anyone know if they offer internet access to the guys in wmcc? are they allowed to email?
Old 07-05-2006, 04:53 PM

Unfortunately they do not have email or anything of that nature. My fiancee's there too, let me know if you have any questions about it! Good luck!
Old 07-05-2006, 05:42 PM
pebbles loves bam-bam

Default score!

thank you so much for the reply. have you heard anything from your fiance about the heat? there is still so much i don't know. what are the visits like? can you take pictures? the last time i got to visit ryan was a year ago (i'm in louisiana), at the time he was in sccc. while there i found out they have a "dorm-type" facility for family/friends traveling from out of state that cost like $5-$10 a night. do you know if they offer anything like that at wmcc?

thanks again
deanna
Old 07-05-2006, 06:00 PM
pebbles loves bam-bam

Default room for a visit

hey ladies
not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the last time i got a chance to visit my fiance (1year ago) he was at sccc. while there, i heard that they have a "dorm-like" facility for family/friends traveling from out of town. from what i understand, the cost is minimal ($5-$10/night). does anyone know if this information is accurate, and do they offer this at wmcc? and if so, who is the "go-to" person to make reservations?

thx
deanna
Old 07-05-2006, 10:16 PM
pebbles loves bam-bam

Default location, location, location

hello again ladies

okay, this may sound like a ridiculous question, but how close are wmcc and crossroads?

thx
-deanna
Old 07-06-2006, 05:15 AM

They're right next door to each other!
Old 07-09-2006, 09:32 AM

I got to Ozark Correctional Center once a month for a 2 day visit with my boyfriend. I live 6 hours away so i usually go down Early Saturday morning and Stay in a motel Saterday night and head back home on Sunday after our visit. If anyone needs a ride down let me know, i know how lonely it can be not seeing your loved one. Our daughter hasnt seen her dad for a long time and our Aug visit will be the first time in while so we are really excited. Let me know k.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:41 PM
4/3/08 He is done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinlicious
hey ladies
not sure if anyone is aware of this, but the last time i got a chance to visit my fiance (1year ago) he was at sccc. while there, i heard that they have a "dorm-like" facility for family/friends traveling from out of town. from what i understand, the cost is minimal ($5-$10/night). does anyone know if this information is accurate, and do they offer this at wmcc? and if so, who is the "go-to" person to make reservations?

thx
deanna
My man is in SCCC and I haven't heard anything about this. So I am not sure.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:27 PM

I am looking for a carpool partner to Tipton Correctional Center. I can drive or chip in on gas - please let me know if you have a honey or friend that is there.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Tipton Correctional Center

I would love to find someone to share a ride to Tipton Correctional Center from Kansas City. Please let me know if you are interested.........
Old 07-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkinlicious
hey ladies

thx
deanna
My son is in SCCC - no dorm - or anything like that. There is a family owned hotel less than 1/8th of a mile from the facility. It is not fancy - but nice and home like w a pool, and kind owners. It is aournd $30 a night. I will post the name and # later - when I have my address book w me. There are some non profit home-like bed and breakfasts in some areas for $5-$10 a night - in some areas (springfiled & Jeff city). There was some info on them in old posts in mo visitation i think. I will tyro to search later and post more.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:54 PM

I Live In The City Of St Louis And My Guy Is In Bonne Terre . I Have Had To Junk My Car But I Have Rented Cars To Go Visit. If There Is Anyone Who Goes And Doesn't Mind Having A Passenger I Would Love:love: To Tag Along And Will Help With Gas . I Work Weekends So If You Let Me Know Ahead Of Time I Can Switch Shifts With Someone Else.

Faithfully Waiting Club Member # 207
I Love Me Some Him Club Member #36
Babies Momma Club Member #7
Old 07-30-2006, 06:33 PM

Any info about Tipton would also be much appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!! I sure wish I knew about this site when my man was in Cameron and OCC.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:55 PM

What bus did you ride from KC to Jefferson City - I live in KC and am looking for transportation ideas to Tipton.
Old 08-01-2006, 12:09 PM

There is a bus that goes to different jails from Kansas City on every third Saturday its on Linwood and Benton the cost is ten dollars and the contact person is
Rev Ernest Jones 816 686 7480 I know they go to Cameron, Tipton, Jefferson City and others
As of yet they dont go to Licking MO but said he would consider it but it would cost more than ten dollars.

Last edited by baglady; 08-01-2006 at 12:12 PM..
Old 08-01-2006, 12:21 PM

Thanks Baglady a lot of people where inquiring about the KC bus information.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBowen
Thanks Baglady a lot of people where inquiring about the KC bus information.

Ditto!

Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Old 08-03-2006, 09:28 PM

Like they told you, you would be better off moving to Kansas City. I live in the State of Penn. and I'm moving to Kansas City very soon to be with my husband, he's at Crossroad I was there in Feb. and I stayed a month and a half so Kansas City isn't bad. I think that everybody that goes to these prison need to support each other this is a very tuff time for our love one's and they need all the support they can get if I can help anyone let me know. rwconner

Last edited by rwconner; 08-03-2006 at 09:32 PM..
Old 08-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sag
My son is in SCCC - no dorm - or anything like that. There is a family owned hotel less than 1/8th of a mile from the facility. It is not fancy - but nice and home like w a pool, and kind owners. It is aournd $30 a night. I will post the name and # later - when I have my address book w me. There are some non profit home-like bed and breakfasts in some areas for $5-$10 a night - in some areas (springfiled & Jeff city). There was some info on them in old posts in mo visitation i think. I will tyro to search later and post more.

RE: SCCC - The motel in Licking is called the Country Inn - it is around $30 a night and clean. Their number is 573-674-2114.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:52 AM
Donation Award 

You guys are awsome with the info! Keep posting it here for now. I will eventually get a special thread for this kind of stuff. I just have to get off my lazy behind and do it!
Do it with a heart wide open

Say what you need to say

~John Mayer, Say~
Closed Thread