Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

CDCR - What You Need to Know Information relating to the California Department of Corrections & Rehabilitation. Q&A for those new to the CDCR system should be posted here.

Old 01-11-2012, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patswife4-ever

Reception is where they go to WAIT They have to get classified then they have to wait for a bed to open up. There are NO phone calls, visits are one hour behind glass and they cannot get packages. Reception is the WORST place they can be.They are basically waiting to get mainlined where they can make phone calls and get contact visits. Reception is horrible for both the inmate and the loved one
Hate reception my fiancé has been there since oct.14. And I barely just got approved for visits. Ugh! It sucks and they say it can take 6-8 months!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2012, 10:30 PM

damn ladies.. all ur replies r starting to worry me, my man is at county awaiting to go to reception i think wasco, he was sentenced for 16 months so i really hope he's not doing most of it in reception i would hate to have to make the 3 hr trip to see him behind a glass i was looking forward to a contact visit
Old 01-12-2012, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandisemo View Post
I get mail from my husband two days after he has sent it out and mail that i have sent him is about 2 weeks behinds so he still getting my letters from the last week of december.
That sounds better than me, he receives my mail four days after I send it and I receive mine two weeks after
Old 01-12-2012, 03:22 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 6,384 Times in 2,372 Posts

Hey, posted before will post again, do you happen to know if the women in reception have the same issues as the men as far as time, or is there any difference? My GF Dee is currently waiting to catch the chain. I'm going to be treasuring these last few weeks in County with the visits and all.
Old 01-13-2012, 11:34 PM

Thanked 2,278 Times in 1,619 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee
Hey, posted before will post again, do you happen to know if the women in reception have the same issues as the men as far as time, or is there any difference? My GF Dee is currently waiting to catch the chain. I'm going to be treasuring these last few weeks in County with the visits and all.
I have no idea I hope someone will be able to answer soon.
Old 01-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 6,384 Times in 2,372 Posts

She's hearing 6-8 weeks but I've read longer periods of time. I PROMISED her that unless they move her before she gets visiting approval that I will make the drive to Chowchilla one time before she goes "Over The Wall." I think that's going to be big in motivating her to get through her time in reception on good behavior while she tries to qualify for Fire Camp. One of her block mates who's been through the process before tells me that she should get really low points based on prior record, having 3 kids, number of charges, etc. and that should help her qualify for Fire Camp training. (I hope she's right!) She's not in the best physical shape, but that's because she keeps eating all sorts of junk in there. LMAO! Her block mate's trying to help her get onto some semblance of a training regimen so that she's only semi-killed by fire camp training
Old 01-16-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee
She's hearing 6-8 weeks but I've read longer periods of time. I PROMISED her that unless they move her before she gets visiting approval that I will make the drive to Chowchilla one time before she goes "Over The Wall." I think that's going to be big in motivating her to get through her time in reception on good behavior while she tries to qualify for Fire Camp. One of her block mates who's been through the process before tells me that she should get really low points based on prior record, having 3 kids, number of charges, etc. and that should help her qualify for Fire Camp training. (I hope she's right!) She's not in the best physical shape, but that's because she keeps eating all sorts of junk in there. LMAO! Her block mate's trying to help her get onto some semblance of a training regimen so that she's only semi-killed by fire camp training
Good news then. Hopefully it is only 6-8 weeks.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:56 AM
mike❤gina

mines is in reception at n.k.s.p. since october 5th! it has been horrible. on the plus side, he gets out on march 23rd WOO HOO!!!
Old 03-12-2012, 08:06 PM

Default How long can they keep him in reception??

Hi i'm so new to this an i was wondering if any1 knew how long they can keep an inmate in reception?? My boyfriend has been in delano for a month an a friend of his has been there 4 6 months.. When do they hit main line an when will he find out his release date?? Can any1 help?? He is located at north kern state prison(delano) in california....
Old 03-12-2012, 10:39 PM
need a little help myself

they kept my fiance in reception at wasco for 4 months before they sent him to chino
it all depends really.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stacienoelle For This Useful Post:
liz25 (03-25-2012), lyze (03-13-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 11:23 PM

It all depends I know for sure they tell approximate when there going to get release once they see a counselor

Last edited by mickeynminnie; 03-12-2012 at 11:24 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mickeynminnie For This Useful Post:
lyze (03-13-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 11:52 PM

My husband was in reception for about a month, but if you read posts in the California forum you'll see that reception can last months and months. Hang in there. It is my experience that reception is the hardest part--no phone calls, just slow mail. Once he gets mainlined you'll be able to get into some kind of rhythm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Will'sCharlie For This Useful Post:
lyze (03-13-2012)
Old 03-13-2012, 01:37 AM

This is my first experience with all of this too, but I'm slowly learning my ropes through things and it's so frustrating, my boyfriend was in Donovan's Reception for 8 months before he got transferred way up North.
The Following User Says Thank You to smiles2betrue For This Useful Post:
lyze (03-13-2012)
Old 03-13-2012, 02:01 AM

Mine was in reception for almost 9 months. Add that to county and it was basically the first year combined.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:18 PM

well cause he was sentenced 9 years an already did 2 an he said that he has 45 points so that means he has 4 years an some change..... i just don't get it how do they figure that all out??
Old 03-21-2012, 03:49 PM

Angry North Kern State Prison (Reception)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindiLLou View Post
My guy is in reception at North Kern. He was there two weeks and saw his counselor. He said some guys have been there 6-8 months and have NOT seen a counselor. I think with all the re-alignment going on.. there is no pat rule about how long reception will take. My guy says he has to wait for a bed to open up and a seat on the transportation bus for wherever he goes. With the over crowding who knows how long it can take?
My hubby just got to North Kern State Prison. I am guessing he is in reception. We have never gone through this, so I have NO idea how this works. When he is there, does that mean that he can't call? How does he communicate with you? Also...we anticipate his release date to be July 29th (because he has a lot of time served). From the looks of how "reception" is...he could get released before he even gets transferred. right?

How can I communicate with him? Can I send letters? If so...how?
Old 03-22-2012, 04:39 AM
Banned

Default Off to reception, no phone calls time has started.

3:30am Right now. I received a call from my man, "they're taking me. I'm leaving"

The cop was nice enough to let him use the phone right before he gets on the bus.

At least we got to say our last I love yous and good bye but I'm torn right now. The dreaded reception time has arrived, which means NO phone calls. Communication by letters only begins. My hands won't stop shaking.. I'm a mess right now. Doubt I will get any sleep for the rest of this night.. My heart has never felt so much pain in my life.

How did you ladies survive reception? I keep reading how they hold them there now for an extended period of time. How long was your man in there?
Old 03-22-2012, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris' Lady
3:30am Right now. I received a call from my man, "they're taking me. I'm leaving"

The cop was nice enough to let him use the phone right before he gets on the bus.

At least we got to say our last I love yous and good bye but I'm torn right now. The dreaded reception time has arrived, which means NO phone calls. Communication by letters only begins. My hands won't stop shaking.. I'm a mess right now. Doubt I will get any sleep for the rest of this night.. My heart has never felt so much pain in my life.

How did you ladies survive reception? I keep reading how they hold them there now for an extended period of time. How long was your man in there?
Well atleast you got that call...
:-/ I knew just because he didn't call me at the same time he always did..I went about my day til like 12pm then I checked to see..and he was already there in reception :-/ it ruined my whole day/ wkend.. because it was last Thursday.
I'm going to see him today! He called me Sunday but didn't actually speak to him til yesterday :-)
But since he in for violating parole things moved a little quicker with being able to visit...

Its been hard til I spoke to him.. just to hear his voice and know he's fine.. was good...
Wont know exactly how long he'll be there.. that's why Im going today cuz who knows when he'll leave..

Keep ya head up...

<3a.g & a.p<3
Old 03-22-2012, 06:38 AM

Quote:

its harrd but we cant do NOTHING bout it ihave since sept. without speaking to my babee im going crazy/: and who knows how much longer itll be..
were yhur LO at?
stay positive though and write lots n lots a letters.try and get him to send u that visiting form as soon as possible..dont wait till he sees his counselour;may take a while..igot my form on oct. Nd im still not approved

*(-Missing someone is part of loving them if you're never apart then you'll never understand how strong your love really is-)*
Old 03-22-2012, 07:07 AM
DLC-MyLove-MyLife

Yeah, we're in the recpt nightmare, too. Have been since middle of Oct. Got to visit a few times, then had a riot Feb.9--so lockdown & no more visits. I HATE THIS!!!! At the mercy of CDCR-not a good place to be. We knew the night before that they were picking him up, so luckily we got in our I Love You's then. I'm glad they let him call you before he left. We've been here before, but this time is so much harder-I cry every day. We know how it feels out here, can't imagine how it feels for them in there. Thank God he's handling it ok, b/c I'm NOT! Just wish it was over-still got 5 yrs to go--Nooooooooooo!!!! Good Luck to all & Stay Strong--they need us. "That which doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger!"
The Following User Says Thank You to dougiesb For This Useful Post:
Frog88 (03-24-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Banned

LaKrazy_07 - he was told he's going to Wasco. Doesn't show where he was moved to but guessing Wasco it is..

This is a nightmare. And that's what I mean..like your man has been in reception way to long! This is my man's second bid (first with me) he warned me reception is hard. Begged that I don't leave him just cause he can't make a call. I was living on these daily phone calls. Ugh. It's also taking you a while for the visiting.. He warned me about that too. He told me maybe a million time "when you get that mofo. Send that ish in the same day!"

I fell asleep about 3 hours after his call. I've been crying so much. This is so hard.. I don't think I even know what's ahead of me..

Where is your man at?
Old 03-22-2012, 03:55 PM

My husband was in reception for almost 6 months and it took almost 4 months to get approved to visit. We had about 5 visits behind glass for 1 hour before he got transferred to his "home" prison. Reception IS the worst because of the no phone calls and how long it has been taking them to get to the visiting forms. And I don't know how slow the mail is where your man went but I wrote every single day when my man got to reception and it took almost 2 months for him to get my first letter. I got some letters asking me if I had left him because he hadn't gotten anything (he knows I write everyday) Then he got 6 letters at one time and then he chilled out. If you didn't have patience before...now is the time to obtain and practice that skill because it is going to be hard. Once you get through reception and you will trust me, it will be easier as far as being able to talk to him and hopefully see him once approved. Write like a mad woman and stay strong. We are all here to help support you and we have all been or currently going through the dreaded reception nightmare!! Hang in there my dear
The Following User Says Thank You to bamboo'swife For This Useful Post:
Frog88 (03-24-2012)
Old 03-22-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
LaKrazy_07 - he was told he's going to Wasco. Doesn't show where he was moved to but guessing Wasco it is..

This is a nightmare. And that's what I mean..like your man has been in reception way to long! This is my man's second bid (first with me) he warned me reception is hard. Begged that I don't leave him just cause he can't make a call. I was living on these daily phone calls. Ugh. It's also taking you a while for the visiting.. He warned me about that too. He told me maybe a million time "when you get that mofo. Send that ish in the same day!"

I fell asleep about 3 hours after his call. I've been crying so much. This is so hard.. I don't think I even know what's ahead of me..

Where is your man at?
yess it seems like eteernity but nothing i can do.ijust call his counselor constantly remind him that he hasnt got mainlined lol.maybe itll help..but be patient like isaid write lotssss a letter like the gurl on the bottom said mail can be slow iwrote daily for 2months n he wudnt recieve nothing..and thats what i did the same day i recieved it i mailed it back asap.!! didnt hesitate not one sec.btw my man is in North kern valley..dont cry hunn it wont make anything better just be strong n patient i can assure u ull get by it if you need a txn buddy or talk to PM me im here(:

*(-Missing someone is part of loving them if you're never apart then you'll never understand how strong your love really is-)*
Old 03-22-2012, 07:06 PM

Hey Chris' Lady! My man is also in reception at Wasco...since novermber i have not heard his voice other than the two visits that were 1 hour and behind glass. Its hard but stay strong, he needs to you to be strong I got approved in february so i didnt have to wait as long as i was expecting. Ive heard he can be in reception as long as 7 months so thats a scary thought(no calls) but i write as many letters as possible and my man does the same. Im here to talk if you need me! how long is your man in for?
Old 03-22-2012, 08:01 PM

My man has been in reception at cmcf since last thursday & it seems like forever! I havent talked to him or got a letter or anything. Its tuff but Im tryin to stay strong. Ive done alot of cryin but hopefully he will get to call soon till then I will be not so patiently waiting:/

Sent from Amy213
using PrisonTalk