Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 10-09-2008, 04:44 AM
hotchilenadd67

Question Worried about visiting approval

Hi everyone. My boyfriend just called me at 1:30 am (miracle) to let me know he was going from county to state. He's going to Tehachapi reception. I visited an ex once in prison years ago, when I was squeaky clean, but now I have a record. No prison time, but several arrests for possesion of a controlled substance in two counties. I took care of all but one (pleady guilty to a misdemeanor, sentenced 15 days) by completing Prop. 36. The big problem I am facing now is that I was arrested in July of this year for possesion again and requested Prop. 36. I have a court date on 10/31/08 to receive Prop. 36 through the court. So this arrest shows on my record as a pending disposition. Can I still be approved with a pending Prop. 36 case? It takes at least 7 months min. to complete Prop. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances? I have never been on parole, but I was on formal probation while I did Prop. 36. I'm not sure if I will be on formal probation again this time but the case and the charge won't be have a disposition until I complete the program. Also, do you have to list every time you have been arrested even if you weren't convicted? (like DA reject?) I'm so worried I won't be able to see him and he has 4 more years to do. Please help!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2008, 08:59 PM
I belong to him
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,847 Times in 1,719 Posts

Yes you have to list every arrest, even the DA rejects & I know in my case they wanted the dispositions from the court for my rejected cases. Good luck to you!

~grumpy's wifey~

Loyalty IS Everything!!

Old 10-14-2008, 10:33 PM
---------------

Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts

Since you know where he will be going to...I would encourage you to call the visiting Lt. at the prison and ask to see what you will need to do. mrs.grumps is correct...they might have you send copies of all your dispositions for your cases...and especially the most recent one. I hope you do get approved so you can see your loved one sweetie. But that is what I would do...call the prison and let them know your situation and see what they say. Good luck sweetie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchilenadd67 View Post
Hi everyone. My boyfriend just called me at 1:30 am (miracle) to let me know he was going from county to state. He's going to Tehachapi reception. I visited an ex once in prison years ago, when I was squeaky clean, but now I have a record. No prison time, but several arrests for possesion of a controlled substance in two counties. I took care of all but one (pleady guilty to a misdemeanor, sentenced 15 days) by completing Prop. 36. The big problem I am facing now is that I was arrested in July of this year for possesion again and requested Prop. 36. I have a court date on 10/31/08 to receive Prop. 36 through the court. So this arrest shows on my record as a pending disposition. Can I still be approved with a pending Prop. 36 case? It takes at least 7 months min. to complete Prop. Is there anything I can do to improve my chances? I have never been on parole, but I was on formal probation while I did Prop. 36. I'm not sure if I will be on formal probation again this time but the case and the charge won't be have a disposition until I complete the program. Also, do you have to list every time you have been arrested even if you weren't convicted? (like DA reject?) I'm so worried I won't be able to see him and he has 4 more years to do. Please help!
Old 10-15-2008, 10:13 AM
His Ride Or Die Chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchilenadd67 View Post

Yes, you want to even include the DA reject cases cause i thought we didn't have to since i never went to court on that and they denied me due to not listing that it took me 3 months to get approved cause i didn't list the DA rejected case so list it
The Following User Says Thank You to wickedlove For This Useful Post:
PTO-79211 (10-15-2008)
Old 03-09-2009, 12:46 PM

I have a question what if I was told that I would have charges submitted to the DA but they said the DA might pick it up or they might not. I haven't heard from anyone so I don't know if I have anything on my record. I was never arrested and I had a clean record before. What should I do when I fill out my visiting application? I don't want them to think that I am trying to lie on the application.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:52 PM

Thanked 1,500 Times in 921 Posts

The visiting application asks if you have ever been detained, arrested or convicted...I would answer it honeslty because they will find out. If you had just been detained and no charges were pressed as of this moment then that is what I would put.

Good luck!
Old 03-09-2009, 07:38 PM

I have a friend who went to prison and got approved to visit two inmates, one of whom was her boyfriend and co-defendent. She had to write the warden and get approved for both.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:59 PM
---------------

Thanked 5,778 Times in 3,498 Posts

There are additional steps that you will have to take in order to get approved...but to be on the safe side I would call the visting Lt at the facility you wish to visit and see what they say
Old 03-09-2009, 09:16 PM

Hi everyone and thank you for responding to my question but i was never detained. There was a search warrant and they came to my house but that was it. So now I am just waiting to see if the DA is picking up or filing any charges. Should i write that on a seperate sheet of paper or just turn in the application and wait to see what they tell me?
Old 03-19-2009, 01:28 PM
Marty's Wife

Thanked 9,536 Times in 3,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Has No Lim View Post
Hi everyone and thank you for responding to my question but i was never detained. There was a search warrant and they came to my house but that was it. So now I am just waiting to see if the DA is picking up or filing any charges. Should i write that on a seperate sheet of paper or just turn in the application and wait to see what they tell me?
Me too! I had a search warrant served at my house 7 a.m. I got to visit until I was offically charged.