Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:04 PM
babycomeback

my boyfriend is getting release today!!!! he did 15days on a 63days sentence!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 AM
Somebody Please???!!!???

Question initial screening

Can someone please inform me on how long it takes to be seen by a parole hearing when you get arrested???? Also if you do not get seen by the time can my boyfriend fight for his rights on his own or should I contact someone to help him out?
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM

I would highly recommend hiring a lawyer over utilizing a public defender. He will be MUCH better off... If you can afford it.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moanr81 View Post
hello, im new to this... my bf was given 365 for a violent crime ( dui, assault on a police office) he is currently at south pitchess detention center. he was booked 7/05/09, and his Projected Release Date is 3/ 16/2010. hes going on his 5th month and has been noticing that inmates with a 365 day sentence been coming out at 4 months and 6 days... he's been working in there since august. im scared because its considered a violent crime that he will be kept longer even closer to his projected release date..when will he be getting out??..also, he received a letter saying that he needs to be screened before giving him work release...that was three weeks ago.. how long does that usually take??. help! anyone? please?
You can call work release and check on his status. I'm not sure what the contact info is for Pitchess, but you should be able to contact inmate information and get the number. When I called for my fiance they said they forgot about him and he was interviewed the very next day.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer310 View Post
You can call work release and check on his status. I'm not sure what the contact info is for Pitchess, but you should be able to contact inmate information and get the number. When I called for my fiance they said they forgot about him and he was interviewed the very next day.

I called yesterday and was told to call back Monday because the deputy in charge wasn't there. I spoke to another person n told them the situation and told me that most likely he wont get work-release since its still up to them to give him the screening or not. I just spoke to him, and he told me that his supervisor there (a deputy) told him that he might be out before xmas. Hopefully its true. Sad to know that its not even up to them it depends on da system in da computer. Thanks for replying jennifer! finally i hear from someone on here.
Old 12-04-2009, 10:25 PM

Quote:

I called yesterday and was told to call back Monday because the deputy in charge wasn't there. I spoke to another person n told them the situation and told me that most likely he wont get work-release since its still up to them to give him the screening or not. I just spoke to him, and he told me that his supervisor there (a deputy) told him that he might be out before xmas. Hopefully its true. Sad to know that its not even up to them it depends on da system in da computer. Thanks for replying jennifer! finally i hear from someone on here.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:20 PM

Default First Timer with questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach123 View Post
I pass this info on for whatever it's worth.

Inmates get no advance warning of early release. One day a deputy will just say, "Smith, you're out of here." Then they have 30 seconds to grab their stuff and get to the door.

When an inmate is selected for early release, they take him to a holding cell, where he may have to wait for several hours while they check to be sure he has no outstanding warrants. If he does, he goes back in. I heard one story about a guy who was actually out on the street and they discovered he had an outstanding j-walking ticket and they pulled him back in.

Lesson: try to find out if your guy knows of any outstanding citations and see if you can take care of them before he gets released.
Hello this is my first time on the board.

my bf was arrested on 11/17 for expired tags and they found out he had two bench warrants on him. One judge credited him with time served, the other judge looked at the case and said. "You didn't do your caltrans, so that translates to 78 days, with credit for time served, Case Dismissed" She didn't even hear my BF's side of the story. His projected release is 12/31 which is 44 days or 56%.

So now I'm on day 19 and I've been depressed all week. I'm out of work and times are tough... I miss him and my cats are looking at me with a "When is the BOY coming home?" look

I've been picking up and checking his mail since he went in and got a letter from the Metro Courthouse saying there is a hold on his license for failing to appear on 11/6. The action went into effect 11/24.

Also i got a letter from the Chatsworth courthouse for failing to pay his ticket from 11/17, which is pretty stupid since the reason he hasn't paid it is because HE'S IN JAIL!

Is this gonna cause him problems if he is released early? (Praying)

30% is 12/10 and 38% is Xmas day.

If and when he calls me, will it be before or after the whole release process? Like is he gonna call me after they kick him out and he's on the street or will he call me and i down there and wait until its all cleared?

I miss him dearly. I try to watch tv but i keep finding things like "Dog the Bounty Hunter" "Wild Police videos" or the worst, "Lockdown" *sigh*

I really would like him to be out before Xmas..

Thanks!
Old 12-07-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moanr81 View Post
my best guess is he might not be eligible for work release. (based on his charges) they won't typically let him know that he wasn't eligible - he just wouldn't hear back. my husband is home now but i remember all to well what it was like trying to figure out if / when he might get out. one thing to keep in mind is that the deputies do tend to tell the inmates that they'll get out earlier than they typically do. they also talk about the increased arrests on a holiday (any holiday) meaning lots more early releases. i think it's to keep them happy?

i really really hope yours gets out before christmas. just keep in mind that anything he hears from deputies and other inmates as well as any stories and info you read here are all really just best guesses. that's not to be negative - just to keep things in perspective so you don't get too disappointed if it doesn't happen the way you expect.

i'll be thinking good thoughts for both of you! hang in there.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:08 PM

day-31, I miss him, last night was a bad night
Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM

sorry everyone
Old 12-07-2009, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCValleygirl View Post
Hello this is my first time on the board.

my bf was arrested on 11/17 for expired tags and they found out he had two bench warrants on him. One judge credited him with time served, the other judge looked at the case and said. "You didn't do your caltrans, so that translates to 78 days, with credit for time served, Case Dismissed" She didn't even hear my BF's side of the story. His projected release is 12/31 which is 44 days or 56%.

So now I'm on day 19 and I've been depressed all week. I'm out of work and times are tough... I miss him and my cats are looking at me with a "When is the BOY coming home?" look

I've been picking up and checking his mail since he went in and got a letter from the Metro Courthouse saying there is a hold on his license for failing to appear on 11/6. The action went into effect 11/24.

Also i got a letter from the Chatsworth courthouse for failing to pay his ticket from 11/17, which is pretty stupid since the reason he hasn't paid it is because HE'S IN JAIL!

Is this gonna cause him problems if he is released early? (Praying)

30% is 12/10 and 38% is Xmas day.

If and when he calls me, will it be before or after the whole release process? Like is he gonna call me after they kick him out and he's on the street or will he call me and i down there and wait until its all cleared?

I miss him dearly. I try to watch tv but i keep finding things like "Dog the Bounty Hunter" "Wild Police videos" or the worst, "Lockdown" *sigh*

I really would like him to be out before Xmas..

Thanks!
KC- are you speaking to him or visiting him? You'll probably want to try to take care of any tickets he has because they can hold him for a pending court date. We'll all hope for early kick out. I think December is a good month for that with the holidays. Also, New Years is a big arrest night so if he doesn' get out at Christmas, it could be after the 1st due to overcrowding.

Jennifer
Old 12-08-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
KC- are you speaking to him or visiting him? You'll probably want to try to take care of any tickets he has because they can hold him for a pending court date. We'll all hope for early kick out. I think December is a good month for that with the holidays. Also, New Years is a big arrest night so if he doesn' get out at Christmas, it could be after the 1st due to overcrowding.

Jennifer
I've been visiting him once a week.

I called the LA Superior Court Hotline and they told me that he would need to obtain a "Cop-out" form from the jail upon release, which would explain that he was in jail and couldn't pay, and then the judge would review the case and decide.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCValleygirl View Post
I've been visiting him once a week.

I called the LA Superior Court Hotline and they told me that he would need to obtain a "Cop-out" form from the jail upon release, which would explain that he was in jail and couldn't pay, and then the judge would review the case and decide.
That sounds like good news. Hopefully they'll give him an extension to pay the fines. Keep us posted!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:40 PM

Day 43 out of 120... Hopefully you're right Poolside and he'll be home by this weekend. He says there haven't been any releases the last 4 days in the Trustees group at Twin Towers.
Old 12-10-2009, 01:11 AM

mine says they keep having lockdowns at mens central due to rioting and they have barely been releasing or transferring anyone out, and ive missed two visits now because of that :/
Old 12-10-2009, 02:55 PM
He's Home, Thank God!!!

last night, i was told that they are still on lockdown at MCJ. the phones are being turned off and on. does anyone know what is going on in there?

"Love Is Stronger than any Addiction"

My Loved one is Now Home
June 02, 2008
Thank God!
Old 12-10-2009, 06:47 PM

hello everyone! i've been a member for a few months now & this is my 1st post. before i ask my question(s) i would just like to thank all of you for the wealth of information and support you have given me over the past few months! i stumbled upon this site trying to find any information that could help my fiance and i feel that i've hit the jackpot!

on aug. 19th my fiance was arrested 4 poss of a controlled substance. 2 days later they dropped the charges. sept 4th he was charged w/ violating his probation and they sentenced him to 1yr (i think his public defender advised him to plead guilty to this charge)... His projected release date is 4/8/10. This does not include the 17 days he had already served. my question is when do u think he will get out? we are praying for him to be home (i am currently residing in missouri w/ our 1yr old son & my unsupportive family) for christmas but we just don't know... thank you guys for your help! it has been really hard being so far away from him, recently unemployed (we use to live in NY but we had to move due to loss of jobs, a newborn and poor economy) and loss of support from friends/family...
Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybear07 View Post
hello everyone! i've been a member for a few months now & this is my 1st post. before i ask my question(s) i would just like to thank all of you for the wealth of information and support you have given me over the past few months! i stumbled upon this site trying to find any information that could help my fiance and i feel that i've hit the jackpot!

on aug. 19th my fiance was arrested 4 poss of a controlled substance. 2 days later they dropped the charges. sept 4th he was charged w/ violating his probation and they sentenced him to 1yr (i think his public defender advised him to plead guilty to this charge)... His projected release date is 4/8/10. This does not include the 17 days he had already served. my question is when do u think he will get out? we are praying for him to be home (i am currently residing in missouri w/ our 1yr old son & my unsupportive family) for christmas but we just don't know... thank you guys for your help! it has been really hard being so far away from him, recently unemployed (we use to live in NY but we had to move due to loss of jobs, a newborn and poor economy) and loss of support from friends/family...
Kelly, According to some recent posts from Poolside at 38% of his total sentence, I think it might be 138 days or so. From Sept 4th, that would put him at 97 days so far with release on or around January 20th. Best of luck to you.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunmoon728 View Post
last night, i was told that they are still on lockdown at MCJ. the phones are being turned off and on. does anyone know what is going on in there?
My finace in TT says it's riots. They will keep locking them down until things calm down. As a result they have been locking down TT as well off and on fearing that the riots will spread.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Kelly, According to some recent posts from Poolside at 38% of his total sentence, I think it might be 138 days or so. From Sept 4th, that would put him at 97 days so far with release on or around January 20th. Best of luck to you.

thank u soooo much jennifer!
Old 12-10-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Day 43 out of 120... Hopefully you're right Poolside and he'll be home by this weekend. He says there haven't been any releases the last 4 days in the Trustees group at Twin Towers.
It's actually 38.88%, lol...but, who's counting?

Yes, I would think he'll do 46.65 days, so you're getting close! You have to come back and let us know when he's actually out, so we can keep the percentages current for those still in....

Fingers crossed for you!!!
Old 12-11-2009, 01:32 PM

I have been reading all the postings for the last 34 days, since my bf turned himself in on a 180 day sentence on 11/10/2009. I have seen a lot of useful information. My main question would be if anyone knows how trustees get credited for their work time. My bf tells me that it is one day credited for every two days he does. And does this time get calculated into his days served. His projected release date is 2/28/2010, and when he went in he only had 3 days time served. If the current percentage being served is 38.88 does this time get counted into that percentage. Someone please help!!!!:c onfused:
Old 12-13-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missinmysweetie View Post
I have been reading all the postings for the last 34 days, since my bf turned himself in on a 180 day sentence on 11/10/2009. I have seen a lot of useful information. My main question would be if anyone knows how trustees get credited for their work time. My bf tells me that it is one day credited for every two days he does. And does this time get calculated into his days served. His projected release date is 2/28/2010, and when he went in he only had 3 days time served. If the current percentage being served is 38.88 does this time get counted into that percentage. Someone please help!!!!:c onfused:
My son-in-law was a trustee, released last month. Your BF got sentenced to 180 days, so he will do approx. 69-70 days....less the 3 days time served, so 66-67 days. That should put him out Jan 14th or 15th.

Come back and let us know when he's out, so we can keep the percentages current.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer310 View Post
day 43 out of 120... Hopefully you're right poolside and he'll be home by this weekend. He says there haven't been any releases the last 4 days in the trustees group at twin towers.

well??????? It's day 46....is he out yet?
Old 12-13-2009, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poolside View Post
My son-in-law was a trustee, released last month. Your BF got sentenced to 180 days, so he will do approx. 69-70 days....less the 3 days time served, so 66-67 days. That should put him out Jan 14th or 15th.

Come back and let us know when he's out, so we can keep the percentages current.

Thanks for your response Poolside, but I am really confused now! Inmates don't get extra time off their sentence if they are a trustee???? That is the regular time for anyone. Also his projected release date is 2/28/2010. My bf was told that he gets one day credit for every two days that he has served as a trustee. January 14th or 15th will put him just like everyone else, so what good is it to be a trustee??