Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: Did your Man you met while in Prison,Move in with you or no?
oh he/she is going to be living with me yes,immediate.i can't wait!i love him/her. 130 51.59%
I love him/her but i do not know about all this moving in so fast lol 28 11.11%
well,when i get a ring from her/him,then we are moving in definitely! 11 4.37%
hell no. i can't see myself living with a man whose straight out of prison.maybe later not sure. 12 4.76%
Yes,Life So Short,SO we did not want to miss 1 day.Planning to marry,engage etc.so it is all good! 63 25.00%
He or she has yet to ask about this,so i am not sure. 17 6.75%
Other....comment below. 27 10.71%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 252. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-21-2015, 09:22 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Yes, mine is paroleing to me and I already started looking for a house as I don't want to have to move again
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2015, 10:01 AM
Hancock State Newbie

Once we are officially married we will live together, but until then no. I want him to know I am truly going to save my mind, body, and soul for him as a married woman. You can not have your cake and eat it too. Temptation is all around and I refuse to go down in it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bethanieb For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (10-31-2016), ibelongtohim (02-22-2015), sweetfla (09-25-2015)
Old 05-19-2015, 07:09 AM

Of course hell be here because we married in there why wouldn't he come home to his wife
Old 05-21-2015, 09:37 AM

I picked other because he is getting out on TS or HWH. So he cannot come directly to live with me. He will have to stay in CT until released fully. I plan to visit when/if I can. If I could have it my way though he would move in the day he was released. I love him so much and cannot wait to spend the rest of my life with him. Will it be hard, yep. Will we fight, yep. But it will be worth it!!!
Old 05-21-2015, 01:40 PM

Thanked 2,040 Times in 993 Posts

I know I responded before...but now with the possibility of him getting out in 10 years...(like I said possibility...hopefully ) we will have been together nearly 12 years. Yes, he will be living with me. Even if he is on parole, by then...I'll be out of grad school and can just move where he is before he gets out and make sure we have a nice home for him to come back to What a lovely visual I just got on that! AW. I can't wait for him to come home!

Last edited by Cutepixie; 05-21-2015 at 01:44 PM..
Old 05-28-2015, 10:39 PM

We haven't been together too long and he's 1 1/2 hours from home but in the same city as I am. He has the chance to go to a half way house soon and he decided to go here in the city and he wants to live with me when he gets out. He's talking about marriage. He is amazing and we see each other once a week now. He'll be home in a little over a year and I am so excited. Never saw myself in a relationship with these obstacles but it doesn't matter to me he treats me like a queen.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:45 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator
Donation Award 

Yes, he is looking forward to moving here as soon as he can, so much that I have reconsidered selling my house.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 06-30-2015, 05:06 AM

aw , i loved reading through everybody's responses ! me & my guy haven't really discussed the subject . . but if we were to ever talk about it , i have no clue what i would respond . at times i think we should just move in together right after he gets out . that way he can have a fresh start somewhere new , where he's not surrounded by bad influences . i'm sure we'd be able to make it work . but then i think that it would be better if he stayed with his family for a while until he got back on his feet , that way he can show how committed he is to building a life together , and we can do everything the "right" way (get married , then move in together & have lots of babies , etc.) i guess only time will tell
Old 09-08-2015, 04:29 AM
98% mean :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,423 Posts

Yes he will be moving in with me as soon as he is out of the halfway house. Ive bought a house in Joliet for us to move into along with his Mum.
To be with you will save the day
'Cos I know
When I'm with you again
You just steal my heart away

The Following User Says Thank You to Psychocandy For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-23-2017)
Old 06-06-2016, 07:01 PM

Considering I am moving across the country to be with him he absolutely better live with me. But also, he's the one who has consistently brought it up. Like he'll tell me on the phone,
"We're going to be living together and you will see me actuating these goals. This isn't all talk. You'll see - actions, right?"
That's how he talks seriously. I love it though. But yeah, I can't wait. Scared a little - but I can't wait.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:51 PM

If parole approves us yes! Pray for us!
The Following User Says Thank You to Psalms31chick For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-23-2017)
Old 06-15-2016, 09:51 PM

Well first I want to say Hello...I have have been reading a lot of your post and this is a question I have been asking myself. I have been in a relationship with my MWI for 3 yrs. now. Through all the good and bad we have been holding strong...and I TRULY LOVE THIS MAN. The distances between us kills me for I live in Philadelphia and he's in Washington State. The only way we have been seeing each other is through video visit once a week for an hour. An we talk on the phone as well as emails and letters. I feel like I am ready for a new start in my life so I am thinking about moving to Washington State next year during tax time. I have been looking on the websites for a house to rent so I can have everything in order when he is released. I do have to admit I am scared, but I love him so much and I no he loves me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kimothy'swifey For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (11-29-2018)
Old 06-23-2016, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psalms31chick View Post
If parole approves us yes! Pray for us!
Hello. What all does it entail to be approved by Parole for your MWI to live with you upon release? Do they come out to check the house? Do they need to meet everyone living in the house? Never been through this before, and he is set for release later this year.
Old 06-26-2016, 09:54 PM
Blueyes

Missing my brat, you should get on the CA board and ask that question. And my MWI will live with me asap. Can't wait.
The Following User Says Thank You to snowblind For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-23-2017)
Old 06-27-2016, 07:59 AM

My mwi got married a week ago and he is moving in with me once he is paroled. We have a strong parole plan, he signed an iron clad prenup, and he has a very strong support system from his family as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to missmarie For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-23-2017)
Old 10-31-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethanieb View Post
Once we are officially married we will live together, but until then no. I want him to know I am truly going to save my mind, body, and soul for him as a married woman. You can not have your cake and eat it too. Temptation is all around and I refuse to go down in it.

I would personally rather become engaged 1st. (Mandatory)then live with a man to see"how he is in public/inside the house/outside our home et.al., everyday stuff. Just how i am.Beth but i hear what you're saying. I think saving your body/for wedding night is most beautiful/special.(Some however don't wait.)But if that is ok with them that's fine. I am going to wait.

No love making/no sex too quick as we both take this relationship/friendship and our union quite seriously for years now of knowing each other.
-
He respect me more he say for this and vice versa. We BOTH are taking the leap of faith and both of us turn to GOD above when need be, and lean on him.We know we will marry. Then we make love. Heck,i know he would marry me in his prison facility.... but the more i think about that i am very happy we are going to wait to marry(date already picked out xmas season and have a white snowfall winter wedding!)or at least a wedding with flurries lol cold air,and a fireplace roaring for our wedding night.
OR a sunset/beach evening type wedding.Either way, we are definitely living together prior to the marriage. That is a must in my book.
-
I can see why some will move their inmate/former inmate/loved one in fast.I sure am.I want to know HOW he is with me in the "real world"living with each other prior to saying,"I do."

I just will not again go into a marriage blind-fold meaning: -Not know how the other person is who i'm about to marry in the house that is,to "feel him out first that way and let him see the same with me.But, we both agree to "wait til'we are married." The most important is for me to live this time with a man, first Then, i know how he will be after/when we are married."Already did the whole "marriage thing over 15 yrs ago.(was a very young bride)and was not what i expected so now, i am doing it right.
-

Life is too short to "settle."

#Strength is Power.

#KnowyourWorth

T.A.A.S.(there are ALWAYS signs.)Don't ignore them.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 10-31-2016 at 07:24 PM..
Old 01-14-2017, 01:19 AM

Nope he needs to prove to himself and me he is getting his business taken care of when he is on the outside.....and We are romantics and want to date
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (03-17-2017), BearsLadyBear (03-15-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 02:54 PM

yes my fiance will move to me when he is out. We will move together. We just wait that he will be out one day
Old 03-17-2017, 08:20 AM

Absolutely not(if he makes parole)! There will be some adjustment period. He will have stress and adding me into the mix with expectations will add more.

Not that I won't be around. Even though we are madly in love now. I want to know that he chooses me when he has more options available to him. I know that's not a very romantic stance but it's a real one.

I feel family is best for him to parole to.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuvinLife70 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-20-2017), Sandy_Patrick (02-04-2018)
Old 03-17-2017, 01:43 PM

My MWI is coming to live with me when he is released. My address is already turned in for his release address.

The Following User Says Thank You to tlc73084 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (08-20-2017)
Old 11-03-2017, 05:10 AM

I've only been with my guy for 6 months. I live in CA he's in MI and up for parole in 2 years after being in for 18yrs, since he was 15

I visited twice & was planning to relocate there, but he's already told me he wants to get paroled to his moms house as she's been with him faithfully every week & supported him all this time. He's definitely a momma's boy. I even met the mom on my first visit to see him. We actually met up first for lunch on our own then to visit him.

I've gotten mad at him that he wants to live with her, especially since he wants me to relocate. But then I step back & realize his mom is all he knows. Being so young going in and being back with her for a while to just adjust to the new world might be better for him.

I have to remind myself I've only known him for 6 months. I can't expect after 18yrs of being locked up that he'd be comfortable living with the unexpected/unfamiliar: me. Everything else is gonna be chaotic for him so I've come to terms that him living with his mom is best for a little while until he adjusts to the real world.
Old 11-03-2017, 08:22 AM
Coopers disciple

I would live with him in a heartbeat but it will be difficult because I live in Germany. when he gets out he'll probably live in a camper on his moms property and take care of her. If possible I will stay there as long as possible before I have to return to Germany.
Old 11-19-2017, 10:58 AM

He is moving in a month from now right before christmas. He chose to go to parole housing for 90 days while he got a job and got on his feet. We also had not met in person until he was released so we didn't know each other completely yet. The last two months we dated and then he started earning weekend overnight passes. For us especially being MWI we wanted to be sure we were compatible out in society before we set up house together.
Old 11-19-2017, 01:34 PM

Yes definitely she will live with me were getting married in April she has 4 yesrs yo to go. When shes out well have a place to call home ad a fresh start i know its going to be a challenge but im positive well make
Old 11-27-2018, 08:38 PM

Sadly, most of his family have abandoned him, which pisses me off, but I guess the silver lining of that is that I don't have to compete with them for phone or visit time! YAY!! I promised D a job when he gets out, and since I work from home, and he doesn't really have any other options, yes, he will be coming to live and work with me. We just can't get enough of each other, but I'm sure that we will be mature enough to know if/when we need space from each other. April 2020. Can't wait!!