Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Other Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Other Federal Prisons All Federal prisons that are not listed in their own category.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:48 PM
Entitled

Default Sheridan Camp

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...all that responded...I do tend to get quite pissy at his neglect for how I am feeling...I guess I just expect him to show love to me as I do for him...
I send letters, but if he hasn't written me for awhile, then I pout also and won't send one, but always end up giving in because my love for him is stronger than my will....I also send cards all the time...and I have sent a couple of magazine subscriptions...he never says anything about even receiving them....gawd he is a difficult man LOL...
Anyway, since money is such a big issue for me...I will ask him what he might like to read and find books at discount prices as you nice ladies have suggested...
It seems that the longer he is there, the more self absorbed he has gotten...is this normal? He told me that things may be hard for me, but things for him are 10 times harder...he gives no validity to my feelings....
Well, I will definately hang in there and keep letting him know how important he is...thank you again

Sponsored Links
Old 06-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts

Well, if that kind of neglect of you continues for a long while, I'd say it's time to re-evaluate. A relationship has to go both ways. I did hear from my husband today - he's doing O.K. That's interesting, mom&pop, about the term "dream time." For those who want parole returned, let me tell you that it extends "dream time" for a very long while. We're now in the 26th year of it. Unable to plan for anything really, except more of the BOP. But I agree with what you're saying for those who have a definite release date - seems like those who do best are the ones who begin preparing for release from the moment they enter the prison. Sense of humor - positive attitude - those will stand one in good stead.
Old 06-15-2008, 06:56 PM
Entitled

Default Sheridan

I'm very happy to hear that you heard from your hubby today Zelda and that he is doing ok...
I agree that a relationship has to go both ways and have re-evaluated it time after time...the problem comes back to that I am in love with him and he says he feels the same for me and that we will have a life together when he gets out.
He is 49 now...first time offense...and has been down for 2 years...he handles it the best way he can to survive...but it hurts me how he has changed....
Does anyone else find that to be a problem?

Old 06-15-2008, 10:36 PM

I realize I speak as a parent, a mom, and as such perhaps am probably more patient, but I agree with Zelda, it is important he respects your position and all you are going through as well...its tough for all concerned...and he needs to be an equal participant in your relationship. Its not fair he's comparing his situation to yours, it goes without saying they've got it harder, but its not your fault. And Zelda may have something there, about maybe re-evaluating if he continues down this path, there is only so much you can do, and it sounds like he's v lucky to have you.

Re the Parole Bill, yes we have been excited and hopeful about it for 4 years now, since our sons sentencing, and send letters and sign every petition sent off to every Senator to further it's progress. Unfortunately with it being an election year nothing will happen this year. We can hope for an Obama WH and perhaps a reintroduction of the Bill in 2009, as well as further momentum in sentencing reform. Were the Bill to pass the House and ultimately the Senate it would set my son free so much sooner, we never lose hope of that! I try to keep current with FAMM updates, Bermans blog - Sentencing Law and Policy and several other sites and sources.

When our son first got to prison and talk would get around to appeals, "dream time" is how the others would acknowledge that phase he was in, not negating his hopes but rather just saying they "understood", but that phase would pass. And every now and then someone would be successful, earn a resentencing, it was always great news for everyone, few seem to resent anothers good fortune in prison. At least thats his experience so far.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:15 PM

Default Isn't Sheridan for *male* offenders?

A person I know just got sentenced yesterday to 24 months in federal prison. The court recommended Sheridan for her. How can she be held in Sheridan? Do they now house females? Or is the court really misinformed?
Lamentations 3:22,23

Old 06-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Waiting.....

According to the website it's a male prison:

The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Sheridan, is a medium security facility that houses male offenders.
Old 06-26-2008, 02:06 PM

Thank you, Rene. That's what I thought.
Lamentations 3:22,23

Old 06-26-2008, 07:24 PM
silenced

My husband is at the camp in Sheridan.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 PM
Donation Award 

My husband is at FCI Sheridan. Of course, I'm sure there are a lot of guys there who would welcome her presence!! Now I'm curious as to what judge gave THAT recommendation?? Maybe the same judge who denied my hubby's habeas... Z.

Last edited by Zelda50; 06-26-2008 at 08:25 PM..
Old 07-05-2008, 10:09 PM
Entitled

Default Sheridan Camp mail

Could someone please tell me whether or not I can send magazines to the camp? Not subscriptions but single ones? I receive the particular magazine my man wants and would rather do that then get a subscription....although I will if I need to

Old 07-06-2008, 06:41 AM
silenced

I send my husband Victoria Secret catalogs and they get in. He is in the camp. Visits at the camp have changed drastically this past weekend with a new CO. Be prepared. Inmates cannot go to the vending machines. A CO now goes to the restroom with the inmate and locks them in the visitor's room so they can't get to the restroom without them. Maybe things will settle down after a few weeks, maybe not. They posted new rules on the doors. Now they keep the visitor's Driver License throughout the visit, be sure to pick it up when you leave. Someone from Idaho left theirs on Friday and didn't show up on Saturday the CO told me.

Last edited by Mrs.Bike; 07-06-2008 at 06:42 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs.Bike For This Useful Post:
MsMyBaby (07-07-2008)
Old 07-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Entitled

Thanks for the heads up...unfortunately I have not seen him for about 1 1/2 years due to money problems When he was in at Taft in CA...the visiting rules were exactly as you just described...so I am used to that....and certain guards were very nice....I wish he was still here....
ANyway, I will try and send the magazines then....

take care.....and again, TY for your help...I really would be lost without the kind people one here!!

Old 07-11-2008, 01:24 PM

Default ex husband going to FCI sheridan

Hi, My ex is going to Sheridan in Aug. for two years. What's it like? We have two girls...can they go? Is there stuff for them to do while we visit? How often can he call?

Thanks.
Old 07-11-2008, 01:40 PM

I will answer the best that i can for you. I go about every two months for visits, but this is what i saw in the last one. The kids can visit. They have decks of cards and a few books that i saw the kids reading. Other than that there is not a whole lot for them. As far as calls i believe that they can call whenever, but they only have a certain number of minutes each month and after that you have to wait till the minutes start over. If you have any other questions i will try to answer them, or i'm sure someone with more knowledge will come along. Oh and is he going to the camp or the prison. This is my experience with the prison. If it's the camp, i don't know. Good Luck and God Bless
The Following User Says Thank You to sica_621 For This Useful Post:
tiffany0372 (07-11-2008)
Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Donation Award 

If he's going to the FCI: The visiting is very relaxed once you're in the visiting room. There is a kid's room where there are games, toys and books. The inmate cannot go in there. They have an approved inmate who supervises the kids in there. You'll sit next to each other and the girls, depending on their ages, can sit on his lap (if they're young) and there are lots of other kids there. There are playing cards and books that you can have in the seating area. There are vending machines which, if they're working, have a lot of different food selections, along with microwave ovens. There is a photographer to take photos usually - the inmate buys the photo token in the commissary and brings the tokens to the visit. Be sure to follow the clothing rules and don't wear metal (including an underwire bra) and you'll get in just fine. Bring a clear plastic baggie (or clear makeup purse) with quarters - up to $20-30 worth - to buy food. Be sure to know your car's license plate number for the form you fill out. The FCI doesn't have a lot of good jobs or programs but it has some and it is a pretty mellow place for him to be. There's an RDAP (drug/alcohol) program there for those who qualify and a parenting program. There are several different cultural/spiritual groups that a lot of the guys participate in. Each has their own meeting area and activities. If you want to ask for information specific to your loved one's situation, feel free to send me a PM (private message). Zelda
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
Devastation (10-28-2008)
Old 08-09-2008, 11:14 PM
Entitled

Default Sheridan Camp

I finally got to see my baby after 1 1/2 years....it was awesome!!!

Old 08-10-2008, 12:28 AM

Default RDAP still offered at Sheridan???

A friend in Terminal Island just heard Sheridan had shut down their DAP program and he's wondering if this is true. If anyone has any information please let me know. Thank you.
Old 08-10-2008, 06:51 AM
silenced

The program is still running at the camp. Also, it is still listed on the BOP website as being at Sheridan Camp. I there is a class graduating in 2 weeks. I also know that there is a class that recently began in July. On the BOP website all facilities have a contact telephone number, they will answer these types of questions.
mom&pop (08-11-2008)
Old 08-10-2008, 06:54 AM
silenced

I"m so happy for you. The weather was perfect too! And, the visitor's room not too crowded. I was only there for a short time, from 12 - 2pm and it was a good day for visiting. I hope you don't have to wait so long for the next time.
Old 08-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Entitled

It was beautiful...my daughter and I drove about 19 hrs each way....but it was sooooo worth it....thanks MsBike....hey I also met up with Shansluv....she invited us into her home (barely even knew me yet) and she was extremely hospitable and overwhelmingly sweet....it was a great trip...

Old 08-10-2008, 06:37 PM
silenced

I'm so happy for you. I don't know who Shansluv is, but probably see her everyweek.
Old 08-11-2008, 12:54 AM
Donation Award 

If you don't want to drive so much, when I used to visit my husband in prison in California, we used to take the Amtrack - nice ride - and then rent a car at the other end. I know the Amtrack stops in Salem. Z.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zelda50 For This Useful Post:
MsMyBaby (08-11-2008)
Old 08-11-2008, 09:35 AM

Hello everyone,
I've been trying to find out if Sheridan Camp still runs its RDAP program? I sent u a private mssg Z but then found out this whole system went down so u probably didn't get. Anyways, we've heard a rumor that Sheridan Camp shut down its drug and rehab program and are hoping its not true! I checked ******** and couldn't find anything.

Great idea about the Amtrack Zelda50, bet its a fun, and scenic way to travel. With current gas prices maybe cheaper than driving all that way now.

Msmybaby, I'm really happy for you, that was a really long separation.
The Following User Says Thank You to mom&pop For This Useful Post:
MsMyBaby (08-11-2008)
Old 08-11-2008, 11:06 AM
silenced

Mom&Pop, I answered your post but perhaps you didn't see it. RDAP is alive and well at Sheridan Camp. A class is graduating next week, I know of another that started recently, and it is still listed on the BOP website as an RDAP location. You could always call them and ask if you still have doubts, their number is listed on the BOP webite.
mom&pop (08-11-2008)
Old 08-21-2008, 10:20 AM

Thanked 5,986 Times in 2,051 Posts
Default Questions Regarding FCI Sheridan

Hello ladies. I have a son in a CA state prison, and normally post to the CA sites, and Parents with Children in Prison forum. I just found out the other day that my nephew by marriage is at FCI Sheridan. By reading some of the threads and replies here, I see there is a big difference between Federal and State, and I have a couple of questions, if you wouldn't mind answering.

Can inmates get JPay for their commissary? What about quarterly packages. If so, which are the approved vendors? I know his Mom and sister are not able to provide too much for him and we would like to help a little, if we can. We live in Mexico, so money orders are not available to us.

I noticed another poster was from Spokane, which is where he is from also, and wondered if all Fed inmates go to Sheridan from there. His sister told me that he thought they may transfer him to CA, and I wondered if it was because of overcrowding. I can't imagine it being more overcrowded than anywhere in CA.

Thanks in advance ladies.