Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-03-2012, 03:44 PM
sachikoron sachikoron is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default Mistake info from officers in BOP

Hi there.
My husband is in Miami BOP and we have some problem.
He received a "shot" from a officer and now restricted on phone calls, email, and visit etc for 30 days.
This officer made a false report about my husband saying he was still in bed and bed was mess at 8:40 am. The truth is my husband was at work by 7:40 am. So did his cellmate. There are people who can prove my husband was at work with. So there is no way that the report is correct.
My husband tried to appeal on this , asking for BP9 ( I hope that's what's called) ,they never gave him time to talk to team manager nor they never gave it to him until yesterday finally( this incident happened last week) but no one is caring!
On top of that they said to him, they should have given him another shot for lying too.
Now as today all the communications were cut off.
I'm hoping he will take care of it there but I'm afraid he will get more shot from those stupid lying officers.
I'm very pissed off at these a-holes.
Is there anything I can do to Remove this shot immediately?
Because he has been just good no trouble work hard nothing else!

Last edited by sachikoron; 04-03-2012 at 03:45 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 04-03-2012, 03:56 PM
Jennkadyn's Avatar
Jennkadyn Jennkadyn is offline
Ride or Die!
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mn, USA
Posts: 533
Thanks: 331
Thanked 181 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachikoron View Post
Hi there.
My husband is in Miami BOP and we have some problem.
He received a "shot" from a officer and now restricted on phone calls, email, and visit etc for 30 days.
This officer made a false report about my husband saying he was still in bed and bed was mess at 8:40 am. The truth is my husband was at work by 7:40 am. So did his cellmate. There are people who can prove my husband was at work with. So there is no way that the report is correct.
My husband tried to appeal on this , asking for BP9 ( I hope that's what's called) ,they never gave him time to talk to team manager nor they never gave it to him until yesterday finally( this incident happened last week) but no one is caring!
On top of that they said to him, they should have given him another shot for lying too.
Now as today all the communications were cut off.
I'm hoping he will take care of it there but I'm afraid he will get more shot from those stupid lying officers.
I'm very pissed off at these a-holes.
Is there anything I can do to Remove this shot immediately?
Because he has been just good no trouble work hard nothing else!
Honestly, I know this is going to sound horrible, but he needs to do the 30 days, and let it go, other wise most likely it's just going to make it worse...I know that is hard to do, but he is in prison, they make the rules and if you try to complain or if he tries to more it's gonna make it worse....You can't get it removed no! I have seen and heard of guys set up, due to guards just being bored, so really have him sit the 30 days and let it go....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-03-2012, 04:04 PM
bobby's1&only bobby's1&only is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida US
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachikoron View Post
Hi there.
My husband is in Miami BOP and we have some problem.
He received a "shot" from a officer and now restricted on phone calls, email, and visit etc for 30 days.
This officer made a false report about my husband saying he was still in bed and bed was mess at 8:40 am. The truth is my husband was at work by 7:40 am. So did his cellmate. There are people who can prove my husband was at work with. So there is no way that the report is correct.
My husband tried to appeal on this , asking for BP9 ( I hope that's what's called) ,they never gave him time to talk to team manager nor they never gave it to him until yesterday finally( this incident happened last week) but no one is caring!
On top of that they said to him, they should have given him another shot for lying too.
Now as today all the communications were cut off.
I'm hoping he will take care of it there but I'm afraid he will get more shot from those stupid lying officers.
I'm very pissed off at these a-holes.
Is there anything I can do to Remove this shot immediately?
Because he has been just good no trouble work hard nothing else!
Sachikoron,there is plenty of things you can do.......1st of all you have to keep your cool and stay calm and focused.I'm here to tell you that in most facilities the only difference between the staff and inmates is.....the UNIFORM!Do you have access to florida statutes CHAP.33? If not you can access it on-line.Also,the job your husband has SHOULD and HAS TO have documentation showing your husband was there working.In the state of Florida there are at least 8 counts a day that has to be documented and called in to Tallahassee.If your husband was not where he was supposed to be then the count would have been off and the count should have never cleared.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-03-2012, 04:06 PM
mjimenezh73 mjimenezh73 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Ne usa
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

My husband is also in BOP Ohio, and he writes about all the wrong treatment that goes on. he has also gotten in trouble for dumb thing and gets all privilages taken away. he has not been able to do purchases for the passt 8mo. he was told it would be for 6mo. after the 6 mo. were over they said it was to continue another 6mo! and even though they only mention purchasing, he didn't get his calling privilage back. I've called his counselor many times, and all I get is a voice mail. I have left many messages trying to get his calling privilage back. but even the councelor won't return my calls. It's very frustrating. he keeps writing asking me to call or say something. But I think theres nothing I can do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachikoron View Post
Hi there
My husband is in Miami BOP and we have some problem.
He received a "shot" from a officer and now restricted on phone calls, email, and visit etc for 30 days.
This officer made a false report about my husband saying he was still in bed and bed was mess at 8:40 am. The truth is my husband was at work by 7:40 am. So did his cellmate. There are people who can prove my husband was at work with. So there is no way that the report is correct.
My husband tried to appeal on this , asking for BP9 ( I hope that's what's called) ,they never gave him time to talk to team manager nor they never gave it to him until yesterday finally( this incident happened last week) but no one is caring!
On top of that they said to him, they should have given him another shot for lying too.
Now as today all the communications were cut off.
I'm hoping he will take care of it there but I'm afraid he will get more shot from those stupid lying officers.
I'm very pissed off at these a-holes.
Is there anything I can do to Remove this shot immediately?
Because he has been just good no trouble work hard nothing else!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 PM
bobby's1&only bobby's1&only is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida US
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkadyn View Post
Honestly, I know this is going to sound horrible, but he needs to do the 30 days, and let it go, other wise most likely it's just going to make it worse...I know that is hard to do, but he is in prison, they make the rules and if you try to complain or if he tries to more it's gonna make it worse....You can't get it removed no! I have seen and heard of guys set up, due to guards just being bored, so really have him sit the 30 days and let it go....
Jennkadyn,just because he is in prison that does not give ANYONE the RIGHT to LIE because they are bored! This type of behavior is NOT LEGAL! It's called PERJURY.....and that is against the law.The uniform does not come with THE ATTITUDE OF ENTITLEMENT that's why no inmate should have to suck it up and just do the 30 days.Your husband or boyfriend has already recieved his punishment from the judge and jury......officers are only there for CARE-CUSTODY-and CONTROl.If the officers are not held accountable for their actions then the problems will get worse.Would you believe that 90 per cent of the time an officer gets hurt is only because HE ASKED FOR IT!!!!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobby's1&only For This Useful Post:
Wanbli (07-12-2012)
  #6  
Old 04-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Jennkadyn's Avatar
Jennkadyn Jennkadyn is offline
Ride or Die!
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mn, USA
Posts: 533
Thanks: 331
Thanked 181 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby's1&only View Post
Sachikoron,there is plenty of things you can do.......1st of all you have to keep your cool and stay calm and focused.I'm here to tell you that in most facilities the only difference between the staff and inmates is.....the UNIFORM!Do you have access to florida statutes CHAP.33? If not you can access it on-line.Also,the job your husband has SHOULD and HAS TO have documentation showing your husband was there working.In the state of Florida there are at least 8 counts a day that has to be documented and called in to Tallahassee.If your husband was not where he was supposed to be then the count would have been off and the count should have never cleared.
He is going to show up for count though, that is true, but really I am telling you this is going to make it worse for your husband! I am just giving you the advise that is needed you can complain, but most likely after you do that and get everything in, the 30 days will be up! Just my opinion
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-03-2012, 05:02 PM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is online now
Site Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 30,198
Thanks: 48,516
Thanked 23,423 Times in 13,465 Posts
Default

I agree that sometimes there is no possible way to avoid getting a disciplinary writeup except pure luck. I received a shot for something another guy with a name similar to mine did. I was sent to the LT's office and if he had been as hard headed as the one who wrote me up, I would have had to accept the totally false infraction. It's wrong, but it is what it is, and I agree it will only get worse for him if he does anything other than following the grievance procedure. Of course, if he does, he will have already served the 30 days before he gets an answer, and the answer will probably be no anyway. It might be reasonable (although futile) to fight a serious infraction, but it is best to let the petty ones go, at least in my opinion.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
Jennkadyn (04-03-2012)
  #8  
Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM
sachikoron sachikoron is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkadyn
Honestly, I know this is going to sound horrible, but he needs to do the 30 days, and let it go, other wise most likely it's just going to make it worse...I know that is hard to do, but he is in prison, they make the rules and if you try to complain or if he tries to more it's gonna make it worse....You can't get it removed no! I have seen and heard of guys set up, due to guards just being bored, so really have him sit the 30 days and let it go....

Thank you for your opinion.
I mean I can't tell him not to do it since we can't even contact each other, I wonder if he could even read my letters..by the time it gets there he probably would already submit the BP9.
I don't want nothing to get worse than it is already.
I'm just pissed off at these people working in there every time I go visit.
They are not HUMAN!!!
They shouldn't be making rules when there IS already a LAW.
What am I gonna do without him for 30 days!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-03-2012, 05:48 PM
sachikoron sachikoron is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby's1&only

Sachikoron,there is plenty of things you can do.......1st of all you have to keep your cool and stay calm and focused.I'm here to tell you that in most facilities the only difference between the staff and inmates is.....the UNIFORM!Do you have access to florida statutes CHAP.33? If not you can access it on-line.Also,the job your husband has SHOULD and HAS TO have documentation showing your husband was there working.In the state of Florida there are at least 8 counts a day that has to be documented and called in to Tallahassee.If your husband was not where he was supposed to be then the count would have been off and the count should have never cleared.
Thank you, what does this chap.33 do?
He was working 100% and I think though, this boss at work is pretty nice guy as he says so he may be able to write something up for my husband to prove he was working.
It is just not fair for what he didn't do!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-03-2012, 05:50 PM
sachikoron sachikoron is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjimenezh73
My husband is also in BOP Ohio, and he writes about all the wrong treatment that goes on. he has also gotten in trouble for dumb thing and gets all privilages taken away. he has not been able to do purchases for the passt 8mo. he was told it would be for 6mo. after the 6 mo. were over they said it was to continue another 6mo! and even though they only mention purchasing, he didn't get his calling privilage back. I've called his counselor many times, and all I get is a voice mail. I have left many messages trying to get his calling privilage back. but even the councelor won't return my calls. It's very frustrating. he keeps writing asking me to call or say something. But I think theres nothing I can do.
It is very frustrating, I have been calling FDC Miami all day long, no one even answers the phone, I know plenty of people work there, hello!
They are just lazy bastard who don't give a damn, I'm sorry to hear about ur husband. This is just crazy.
I'm very confused too.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-03-2012, 05:53 PM
sachikoron sachikoron is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore
I agree that sometimes there is no possible way to avoid getting a disciplinary writeup except pure luck. I received a shot for something another guy with a name similar to mine did. I was sent to the LT's office and if he had been as hard headed as the one who wrote me up, I would have had to accept the totally false infraction. It's wrong, but it is what it is, and I agree it will only get worse for him if he does anything other than following the grievance procedure. Of course, if he does, he will have already served the 30 days before he gets an answer, and the answer will probably be no anyway. It might be reasonable (although futile) to fight a serious infraction, but it is best to let the petty ones go, at least in my opinion.
Thank you for sharing ur experience.
I kinda feel same that the 30 days would pass faster than they even take care of the problem... Since they are PoS !
I'm thinking to tell him the same but there is no way to contact him so I don't know...
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:06 PM
bobby's1&only bobby's1&only is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Florida US
Posts: 3
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachikoron View Post
Thank you, what does this chap.33 do?
He was working 100% and I think though, this boss at work is pretty nice guy as he says so he may be able to write something up for my husband to prove he was working.
It is just not fair for what he didn't do!
Chap.33 are the Florida Statutes that protect inmates and deals with all their rights....they are issued a copy of it! They can all be found on-line for free.Trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about.And yes by the time it gets resolved the 30 days might be up but they still leaves documentation on file about the officers involved for down the road when they do it again.They will eventually get caught!!!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Jennkadyn's Avatar
Jennkadyn Jennkadyn is offline
Ride or Die!
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mn, USA
Posts: 533
Thanks: 331
Thanked 181 Times in 130 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby's1&only View Post
Jennkadyn,just because he is in prison that does not give ANYONE the RIGHT to LIE because they are bored! This type of behavior is NOT LEGAL! It's called PERJURY.....and that is against the law.The uniform does not come with THE ATTITUDE OF ENTITLEMENT that's why no inmate should have to suck it up and just do the 30 days.Your husband or boyfriend has already recieved his punishment from the judge and jury......officers are only there for CARE-CUSTODY-and CONTROl.If the officers are not held accountable for their actions then the problems will get worse.Would you believe that 90 per cent of the time an officer gets hurt is only because HE ASKED FOR IT!!!!
First, you need to calm down I wasn't attacking you personally I am going off of what I have seen and heard and I have been doing my husbands prison sentence with him, and trust me there have been tons of times I would love to help him with things, but it will only make his stay worse! Your right they are suppose to be there to help the inmates, but lets all be honest you don't so too many guards now that do that, and I am being serious on this one....I don't know how anyone can sit by and let humans attack and brutally injure one another and the guards do nothing about it, they let it happen, don't say it doesn't happen cause it does, and they get away with it! You could always try to hold the officers accountable for their actions, but I pray for you and your family every night that your loved ones stay is peaceful, cause I am sure that doesn't happen, you can file complaints, and most of the time they get blown off, I am being blunt and honest and you can take it how you want yes, I think it is horrible how sometimes they are treated but I don't dare open my mouth due to what would happen if I did...Don't get me wrong my boys can stand there own and they do, I have a great friend in USP Pollock and my husband in Leavenworth, and the things that go on in those places would blow your mind! I am just stating what I know....I hope you have a blessed night!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-03-2012, 07:47 PM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,359
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,439 Posts
Default

FDC Miami is different than FCI Miami. They rarely answer the phones at FDC Miami. In my opinion they (FDC) don't deal with the outside world unless forced (by judges.) If they had their way, they wouldn't even let lawyers in, but fortunately one of the judges used to be a defense attorney, so they have to do the minimum (I'm slightly exaggerating, but you should see the issues the judge has to resolve.)
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
Jennkadyn (04-03-2012)
  #15  
Old 04-03-2012, 08:18 PM
sachikoron sachikoron is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby's1&only
Chap.33 are the Florida Statutes that protect inmates and deals with all their rights....they are issued a copy of it! They can all be found on-line for free.Trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about.And yes by the time it gets resolved the 30 days might be up but they still leaves documentation on file about the officers involved for down the road when they do it again.They will eventually get caught!!!
Thank you ! So maybe he should file complain anyway ?
I just checked the chapter online. It has a lot into it...( hate reading things ...)
But I'm thinking myself complain to DOJ( i did before for myself for being rejected for visit cuz of my ID issue and about officer who EVERYONE had problem with treated me crap, and ended up the officer no longer works for visitation ; she still works somewhere in FDC Miami but not for visit )
The problem is that we outsider can do something but they don't do normally so these officers just get away from it. Like the issue i had above before, no one said A THING but i did. And she is gone for GOOD. I have all their name as my husband told me, I'm not afraid to speak up for my husband, if they do something wrong in the prison and trying to hide and make up something , that's conspiracy . Its illegal.
I dont think DOJ would take it light.
That's good that those document stay in file, I'm just crossing my fingers.
I miss my husband , what would I do without him or hearing from him?! ;(
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 PM
sachikoron sachikoron is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 24
Thanks: 14
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellisq
FDC Miami is different than FCI Miami. They rarely answer the phones at FDC Miami. In my opinion they (FDC) don't deal with the outside world unless forced (by judges.) If they had their way, they wouldn't even let lawyers in, but fortunately one of the judges used to be a defense attorney, so they have to do the minimum (I'm slightly exaggerating, but you should see the issues the judge has to resolve.)
Yes they are the worst.
Even the lawyers have problem going in as I see when I go visit, they are just too much.
I wish my husband was in FCI like he was supposed to!
Thank you for your comment.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-04-2012, 02:13 AM
burntbean's Avatar
burntbean burntbean is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Florida
Posts: 198
Thanks: 239
Thanked 186 Times in 80 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjimenezh73 View Post
My husband is also in BOP Ohio, and he writes about all the wrong treatment that goes on. he has also gotten in trouble for dumb thing and gets all privilages taken away. he has not been able to do purchases for the passt 8mo. he was told it would be for 6mo. after the 6 mo. were over they said it was to continue another 6mo! and even though they only mention purchasing, he didn't get his calling privilage back. I've called his counselor many times, and all I get is a voice mail. I have left many messages trying to get his calling privilage back. but even the councelor won't return my calls. It's very frustrating. he keeps writing asking me to call or say something. But I think theres nothing I can do.
Does anyone have any advice for mjimenezh73? 30 days is one thing, but this situation here seems to be going on for over 6 months without purchasing privileges and worse yet..... no phone privileges. I don't have any answers myself, but hopefully someone will have experience with this and know what to do?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-04-2012, 08:44 AM
ARM ARM is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 88
Thanks: 1
Thanked 45 Times in 25 Posts
Default Hello

When I had my phone call privileges taken away I just asked one of the guys to add a phone number to his calling list which I could call and deposited money in his account. Ofcourse he charged me 10% from the total amount but it worked out fine for 30 days. There are plenty of guys that don't get any money from outside so they are happy to make a deal like that. All this considering that your money isn't tight and your guy is carefull not to get caught using the phone in front of the CO who is aware of his restrictions.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:00 AM
fbopnomore fbopnomore is online now
Site Moderator
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 30,198
Thanks: 48,516
Thanked 23,423 Times in 13,465 Posts
Default

And if he does get caught using another inmate's phone account, either by a CO or by the phone monitors, a 30 day restriction will seem like nothing, because the next one will be much, much longer. Do whatever you want to do, but be aware of the possible consequences of turning a minor shot into a major one. You can stay in contact with him through letters until he gets his phone use back.

FDC Miami is no picnic, but compared to Atlanta and Lewisburg it is a great place to be in transit.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-04-2012, 09:11 AM
punkdandp punkdandp is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: nc, us
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Chap.33 are the Florida Statutes that protect inmates and deals with all their rights....they are issued a copy of it! They can all be found on-line for free.Trust me when I say I know what I'm talking about.And yes by the time it gets resolved the 30 days might be up but they still leaves documentation on file about the officers involved for down the road when they do it again.They will eventually get caught!!!



Florida Statutes (or any state) have nothing to do with the FEDERAL Bureau of Prisons. They arent given a copy of the state statutes, because it is FEDERAL PRISON. Inmates recieve a copy of the Admission and Orientation Handbook, the rulebook. go to BOP WEBSITE - PRISON FACILITIES - FIND YOUR PRISON ON THE MAP - READ THE BOOK. ITS ALL THERE.


Everyone here is a supposed expert of the prison system, have some common sense, and do some research, before spouting out "how things are supposed to work."
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:07 PM
MiniMoose's Avatar
MiniMoose MiniMoose is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Illinois (Fed)
Posts: 5,747
Thanks: 7,606
Thanked 5,208 Times in 2,544 Posts
Default

We are not all experts and do not claim to be. We are all here for one reason, support. We're all learning at the same time. Some of us have just been around the system a little longer than others.

Please do not berate people that are trying to help others. We appreciate your clarifications but let's keep it civil.

MiniMoose

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkdandp View Post
Everyone here is a supposed expert of the prison system, have some common sense, and do some research, before spouting out "how things are supposed to work." [/b]
__________________
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MiniMoose For This Useful Post:
Cousin Barb (04-07-2012), Patty (04-04-2012), sidewalker (04-05-2012)
  #22  
Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 PM
Loyalty999 Loyalty999 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 186
Thanks: 115
Thanked 72 Times in 48 Posts
Default

Well, my bf and I are in somewhat of a similar situation. This Sunday will be exactly one year since his visits and phone privileges have been revoked. He's been caught calling with someone else's phone account twice. First time he got caught, it cost him 6 months of no phone time; the second time around was another 6 months. He didn't use it with any CO around; they sent a letter home saying they recognized our voices and that he used my name by mistake in the conversation. It's clearly not worth it. Our visits have been revoked because he supposedly didn't close his door in time. How true this is? I have no idea. I try not to question him as I know the letters are also closely monitored. So basically, one year later--I still don't know exactly why we have no visits. Sometimes I feel it's better to not know and ask since doing so may cause an even bigger problem. I will, however, grill him the day we get a face to face visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burntbean View Post
Does anyone have any advice for mjimenezh73? 30 days is one thing, but this situation here seems to be going on for over 6 months without purchasing privileges and worse yet..... no phone privileges. I don't have any answers myself, but hopefully someone will have experience with this and know what to do?
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Loyalty999 For This Useful Post:
burntbean (04-04-2012), fbopnomore (04-05-2012)
  #23  
Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Zelda50 Zelda50 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 17,313
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts
Default

Sachikoron: Is he in the Miami FDC? And if so, is he pretrial or serving a sentence?

First of all - there is nothing YOU can do. The decision is up to him whether to just accept the shot and do his time (and I have to agree with Jenn on this one) or whether to follow through with the grievance and trying to prove his innocence. (The BOP way is that you are guilty until you jump through a thousand hoops to be proven innocent.) Years ago, my husband fought a minor shot and won - and the next thing that happened is that he got set up by a cop for another shot in a way that he couldn't win that one. So that's why Jenn is giving you that advice. Now I wouldn't give that advice if the sanction was more severe. But 30 days is such a short sanction that I agree with Jenn. I also wouldn't give that advice to forget about it if your guy were an "old law" prisoner because even a minor shot can get you 15 extra years with the parole board.

Last edited by Zelda50; 04-04-2012 at 08:09 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 AM
bellisq bellisq is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Miami FL
Posts: 6,359
Thanks: 1,005
Thanked 2,158 Times in 1,439 Posts
Default

Zelda50: for some reason, FDC Miami has a small group of inmates who actually serve their sentence in the facility. Doesn't make sense, but I had a client there for 4 years as his choice. He had a young kid, and a working wife and it made visiting easier.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bellisq For This Useful Post:
Zelda50 (04-05-2012)
  #25  
Old 04-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Zelda50 Zelda50 is offline
Registered User
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 17,313
Thanks: 1,610
Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts
Default

I knew that, Bellisq - and that's why I was asking the question. Because if he's pre-trial, then the U.S. Marshals and the Court still have some say over the prison conditions. But it sounds like he's a sentenced inmate.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
federal prison system, rules and regulations, shot

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:10 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics