Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-05-2012, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda50
Sachikoron: Is he in the Miami FDC? And if so, is he pretrial or serving a sentence?

First of all - there is nothing YOU can do. The decision is up to him whether to just accept the shot and do his time (and I have to agree with Jenn on this one) or whether to follow through with the grievance and trying to prove his innocence. (The BOP way is that you are guilty until you jump through a thousand hoops to be proven innocent.) Years ago, my husband fought a minor shot and won - and the next thing that happened is that he got set up by a cop for another shot in a way that he couldn't win that one. So that's why Jenn is giving you that advice. Now I wouldn't give that advice if the sanction was more severe. But 30 days is such a short sanction that I agree with Jenn. I also wouldn't give that advice to forget about it if your guy were an "old law" prisoner because even a minor shot can get you 15 extra years with the parole board.
Thank you .Yes he has been already sentenced in miami FDC. He is like 4-5 months to go for halfway house. And this happened.
Since he is already cut off communication since Monday, I have no way to tell him not to do the procedure because he was insisting to do it when he found out about it.
How should I tell him? I mean it might be too late because he was writing something already.
Can he receive a letter ? If so I can tell him that way ?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts

He should be able to receive mail.