Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 09-27-2012, 09:01 PM

Default Ladies, I have a story to tell you about my visit tonight!

My hubby was "released" (actually just transferred to another facility) on parole yesterday.. because he had a hold for another county (same vop charges). I hadn't seen this man since June... So you know I was excited! I changed clothes at work since you know I have to look half-way decent for the man. I finally get to the jail (never been there before) and find parking. Sucks for me because there is no (free) public parking and I don't have the damn $3 in cash on me because I had put it in hubby's wallet for when he comes home.... Whenever that is. Just my luck, right? So I silently curse my LO for not telling me about the stupid parking as I drive around (totally not knowing where I'm going.... I moved from CA to GA this year) looking for a store, any store that will do cash back so I can get stupid parking money. I get parking. Grab my ID, take off sunglasses, leave cell phone, walk into jail. I am (kindly) told that I will be denied visitation because I'm wearing a sweater over a sleeveless shirt (the rules imply I'm inappropriately dressed... Which I never am! I won't step a foot outside without looking decent, so it's totally an insult). The woman is so nice and tells me to try and make my sweater look like a shirt by tucking it into my jeans and wrapping it. I go down to visitation and am immediately told I need another shirt. FML. I ask for the nearest clothing store and a gentleman turns to me and says his neice has a shirt in the car I can borrow. LIFE SAVER! So I'm like totally grateful, but soon realize as he went to his car to get it that I can't have my sweater with me and will need to get a few bucks from the car to pay for a locker. I go outside, see the man. He's carrying this bag of clothes and says go ahead get a shirt. At this point I'm feeling totally weird and out of place, digging through a trash bag of unfolded clothes right outside of a jail, with a man I don't know. I say my many thanks and run to the car for cash. I come back, go through metal detector again, change inside, walk back down to visitation, and go to the change machine. Since bad days get worse, the machine is full (as I'm rudely told) and cannot give me quarters for a locker. Stupid me didn't realize I have a car outside to put my sweater in. (I was honestly not thinking so clearly). I, again, make my way outside and back in. I get to the counter and await my little background check (for warrants.... As if!) I ask the woman (as the man who lent me the shirt raises some hell to another woman about dropping off clothes for her) what my fiance would wear out if he would indeed be released from here. She (rudely) says he wore clothes in here so he'll wear those back out. At this point I'm a little pissed, and reply saying he's been transferred from STATE PRISON.. And has no clothes. She pulls up his booking photo and (rudely) says he has clothes on in the picture. I snap back with "Yes... It's a plain white JUMPSUIT with PRISONER on the back.. And he's definitely not being released in that." She then promises he won't be released naked, and I try to laugh it off. It's now time for visit!!! I go up the elevator. And now lost. There is a door, it's locked and apparent you need to be buzzed in. I push the button next to the voice box thing and say the only thing I think of "I'm here for visit". A (rude) woman replies saying I'm not here to visit her, so what's the name of the inmate? I tell her and am let in. I SEE MY MAN! Of course he picks the booth with the cracked glass where someone punched it. Other than the screaming (yes, screaming.... Much different than crying) baby and loud inmate on his side, it was a great visit. He told me he got a tattoo a while ago (don't talk about it... I tried to explain to him he shouldn't, but he's done it before so no stopping him... And honestly, he's not a saint... He is in jail afterall... So please refrain from any negative commentary on this piece). He dragged his shirt down a bit to show me. It was simple, a pair of dog tags around his neck, but written inside were our names. Kind of, it was actually just the first initials with squiggly cursive after. Totally freakin unexpected!! I never thought he'd do something like that. But he sure did! I like it because it's not so obvious that it's his woman's name tatted on him, but it's there and it means something to him... and me too. I left visit in a melancholy mood. I miss the hell out of him. I returned the shirt to the strange (but kind) man. He asks me and another girl who was visiting and part of the ordeal if I smoked weed. (I told you, strange) I replied no, and they both asked why, as if I was nuts lol! I simply said "I'm a good girl?" I say my thanks again and leave. I finally got home, and as I was walking up the stairs I realized that in one of the bags I was holding were my work clothes........... A white button up shirt among them.... FML. Remember I said I wasn't thinking clearly. #somadatmyselfbutstillIlaugh

And, yes, I had to tell you guys about it!
johnnysgirl1225 (10-01-2012), KirstenTaylorC (09-27-2012), Love.D (09-28-2012), nicenjazzy (09-29-2012), Rae87 (09-29-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Doing time WITH him...

I think you and I must be somehow related. This is the kind of luck I have, as well!
Old 09-27-2012, 09:50 PM

Thanked 1,164 Times in 492 Posts

Haha wow that definitely sounds like the adventure of a lifetime to see your man. Glad after all the trouble you were still able to see him! At least you know you'll need a few dollars if you return to visit him at this unit

Just like the sun goes down at night
Just like the moon and stars come out
To light up the sky
Just like every spring has gloomy days
Full of thunderous rain
Before new flowers bloom
Just like the river travels long rough
Miles through cities and towns just to
Flow into the sea for eternity
There Will Be A Time For Us
Old 09-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Stand Tall Fade All

Wow!!!!!your one determined woman ill give you that lol! Congrats on your visit and not smoking out with the clothes collector...uhm random to say the least! You poor thing..sleep well tonight! That's dedication right there!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 06:24 AM

I certainly was determined. I'd be damned if I couldn't see him while I was there! And the shirt was ugly too... Something I would never ever wear. At that point I didn't even care if it smelled a little funky. Counting down the days until next Thursday!
Old 09-28-2012, 05:17 PM
FREE MY LOVE

LOL that was a good read. It remind me of myself on days when I'm in a rush and I forget where everything is.
I'm glad you had a good visit and the tattoo was so sweet!

My lips are the gun. My smile is the trigger. My kisses are the bullet. Label me a Killer.

#FreeMyLove
Old 09-29-2012, 03:40 PM

Thanked 1,875 Times in 1,190 Posts

Haha wow what a day you had, glad you got to see him in the end though.

USA Green Card DV 2017 Lotto Winner for OC CN7**
The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, forgetting that you are special too
Previous International - Long Distance - MWI Relationship
Old 09-29-2012, 06:36 PM

Wow what a visit. I'm glad you got to see him. And it's a story you'll never forget. the clothing thing is so strange. We don't have such rules here...seeing what some wear maybe we should lol. Sucks abot the rudeness but it happens. Nice about the strange but nice guy. Yeah I'm a "good girl" too. My Man brags about it, he has never had a "good girl" lol. And thanks for sharing
Old 10-29-2012, 04:08 PM
It's only temporary...

Haha this is too funny! I actually was in the role of the nice man a couple times... growing up with parents as inmates I learned the dress codews for just about every penile institution in Nebraska. I always had a duffel bag in my trunk--mainly because im airheaded and typically needed to retrieve something out of it for visit. Our clothing policies are insane! shirts cant be lower than 2 inches from neck (decided at their discretion), pants had to be the ugly old lady ones that didnt show ass when you bent over haha shirts had to be tucked at all times and couldnt show back if you bent over--like im gonna be bent over in visit O.o smh (if not tucked in the inmate would ge write up with no warning).

Sam you said you got upstairs and they made you change... if we got upstairs and something wasnt right (even if guards downstairs said its ok) visit for the day was terminated and it counted toward your 2visit/week total.

and so much more :/ but in the end all the bs worth it most definitely...

thanks for the story!
Old 10-30-2012, 05:05 PM

Lol!!! That is too cute!!!!! I can relate though! There are days where I'm not thinking clearly! But that's so sweet about the tatt! Glad visit went well for you!