Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 PM

Smile Intro--underdoghelper from Kentucky

Hi,
I am a woman from Kentucky. I am starting a support group for the formerly incarcerated and their spouses locally. This group is more of a mentoring group. A way for the guys and their spouses to encourage others to change and keep going forward.

I like to show naysayers that the formerly incarcerated do not ALWAYS repeat and if they do, some eventually stay straight and grow in positive ways- thus bringing experience and positive messages to those struggling to change and those who would hear how they do it through trial and error.

The ultimate goal is to speak to other groups and current inmates as mentors outside. A place of support for those getting out from those who are.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,476 Times in 13,490 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. I hope your idea is successful and you are able to assist many inmates in the future.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,692 Times in 16,924 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO Come on down to the Kentucky forum and say hello to others from your neck of the woods HERE

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 02-27-2013, 12:16 PM

Exclamation Intro--underdoghelper from Kentucky

Hi this is not exactly my first time here but it is best when you don't visit a site often enough that you repost an intro.

I worked with the ex offender population for 12 months, I oversaw a core community (faith based) mission as the program coordinator. It was challenging and my time there did have it's rewards in terms of meeting people who had a real comitmitment to change their paths in life.

I no longer work with this core program or the people it helped. I do however reach out to those who have previously been to prison and who want to make a real impact in their own lives, and maybe the lives of others.

Ilike to hear from men and women who have been in prison and are living a life free of crime( another words you are done with break laws and prison time). My hope is to continue working with ex offenders who are ready to be mentors.

I am working on how I want to do this- offically. I have a handful of local people but I would like to open it up nationally. I want to talk with, or email any ex offender that is ready to be all done with any crime.

I also want to talk with or email correspond with the spouses of ex offenders because I strongly believe you have a voice and a purpose. There is no compensation at this time. Together I hope this shows many judgemental people out there that you are and can be productive, worthy and positive individuals that can and do contribute to society and more importantly to yourselves positively.

I have always been driven to help people on their lives path, so much so I pursued a bachelors degree and then some training as a Holistic Coach. I don't have all the answers but what I do have is a head on my shoulders and some
determination.
It is my hope to assist others with holding, gaining or maintaining their will to stay on the (crime free) path to higher ground. I realize we can't do this alone- we need dialogue and skill sets as a group. If you are interested in joining me to help out or voice out as a way to contribute I welcome you to connect with me
Email removed per PTO policy - please use PTO's PM system to contact member no spam please, only real people with real stories to share and be willing to join me in an effort to help others like yourself who don't just need a handout but feel they need to be empowered in a positive way in efforts to continue to pay it forward.
Lastly, I'm not affiliated with any government program, I am one woman who just got to see first hand how the system,yourself,family,surroundings and a lack of willingness and faith led people to a place in life.

If there is enough people to connect with- I will host a webinar( free) for those outside of my immediate state. I may also consider live streaming for those that express interest.

** if you read this and feel it's better suited for another- I ask you to forward this to anyone who can partner with me or anyone who may have an interest.this is a national effort.

Last edited by Renee; 02-27-2013 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: Additional info added