Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

Old 12-14-2012, 08:59 PM

Talking That very first conversation with my MWI Mate

Sighs! We finally spoke on the phone! I just recently posted an introduction. We talked tonight on the phone for the very first time and I cannot put into words the feelings I have right now! It was awkward only for about 5 seconds. once he said is this awkward and I said no, it was amazing until the end. Shortest 15 minutes ever although I am so grateful for them. It's still so scary and I don't know what could come of this but it just feels right! You know? I can't say why I was pushed in the direction to write a prisoner but I'm so glad I did and I'm just hoping for the best to happen from here.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mandagrace For This Useful Post:
Atomic Songbird (12-19-2012), Love.D (12-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2012, 09:36 PM

Thanked 1,164 Times in 492 Posts

I remember my very first phone call with Branden, and I felt the same way you do now! So excited for you, you think those 15 minutes were short, just wait! Good luck with everything to come.

Just like the sun goes down at night
Just like the moon and stars come out
To light up the sky
Just like every spring has gloomy days
Full of thunderous rain
Before new flowers bloom
Just like the river travels long rough
Miles through cities and towns just to
Flow into the sea for eternity
There Will Be A Time For Us
The Following User Says Thank You to KirstenTaylorC For This Useful Post:
mandagrace (01-10-2013)
Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 PM

Thank you so much!! I have read some of your posts as I've kinda been lerking before actually posting in MWI but your posts are so sweet and I can't wait to hear how your visit goes. How long have you two been talking and how did you meet?
Old 12-14-2012, 10:43 PM

The first phone call is something I'll never ever forget. We have been together over a year and had our first call in March or April. We talk two days a week for an hour each day and even after so many calls the butterflies are still there when my phone rings and it says its him. His laugh is my most favorite sound in the world, and his voice in general is a very close second. I love talking to him and still get crazy excited on phone call days. I hope everything works out for you on your new journey!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to StayShort For This Useful Post:
mandagrace (01-10-2013)
Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 AM

That is so wonderful!!! I remember mine. I gave him my number and told him not to call until he'd taken care of calling his family. Family is very important to us both. I was so suprised to get a call while I was out for a jog! I think the call got my heart racing more than my work out. It gave me butterflies. Everytime he calls I still get them. After that first call, we can't get enough time to talk. Everyday like clock work I know after lunch his call is coming. The moment hey baby comes out of his mouth I'm in heaven. The sound of his laugh and his voice wrap around me and I know I am loved.

I know how quickly those 15 minutes go, treasure them, hold them in your heart. Best of luck !
Old 12-15-2012, 09:27 AM

Thanked 1,164 Times in 492 Posts
Smile

Thank you! Ill be sure to update the first evening after my visit
I actually found Branden's address in the penpal forum on PTO. I came to PTO because my best friend is incarcerated. My first letter to Branden went out on June 1 and I received my first letter from him June 8. We made our relationship official in September and shared our first phone call on September 15 All I can really say is that I'm lucky to have such a great man in my life.

Cherish each and every phone call you get, I'm sure you've been looking forward to the next one since you've hung up lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandagrace View Post
Thank you so much!! I have read some of your posts as I've kinda been lerking before actually posting in MWI but your posts are so sweet and I can't wait to hear how your visit goes. How long have you two been talking and how did you meet?

Just like the sun goes down at night
Just like the moon and stars come out
To light up the sky
Just like every spring has gloomy days
Full of thunderous rain
Before new flowers bloom
Just like the river travels long rough
Miles through cities and towns just to
Flow into the sea for eternity
There Will Be A Time For Us
The Following User Says Thank You to KirstenTaylorC For This Useful Post:
mandagrace (01-10-2013)
Old 12-15-2012, 12:18 PM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Im so jealous Why cant I remember what the heck we talked about that first call? I was so giddy and nervous all I remember is his accent...my ole man his a mean east coast accent!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:24 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayShort View Post
The first phone call is something I'll never ever forget. We have been together over a year and had our first call in March or April. We talk two days a week for an hour each day and even after so many calls the butterflies are still there when my phone rings and it says its him. His laugh is my most favorite sound in the world, and his voice in general is a very close second. I love talking to him and still get crazy excited on phone call days. I hope everything works out for you on your new journey!!!
That is so so sweet. Thank you so much for sharing that with me and thank you for the warm wishes. Its kind of scary but I'm just taking it a day at a time. So awesome to see all of the support surrounded here. It is truly amazing!!! Best wishes to you as well!!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:29 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirstenTaylorC View Post

Thank you! Ill be sure to update the first evening after my visit
I actually found Branden's address in the penpal forum on PTO. I came to PTO because my best friend is incarcerated. My first letter to Branden went out on June 1 and I received my first letter from him June 8. We made our relationship official in September and shared our first phone call on September 15 All I can really say is that I'm lucky to have such a great man in my life.

Cherish each and every phone call you get, I'm sure you've been looking forward to the next one since you've hung up lol
Omg yes! It's all I thought about and today he will be calling me again. He said someone ask him when he got off the phone with me what was wrong...he said nothing why? The guy said bc you are beet red! LOL so he was very nervous and excited and turned all red. Adorable! Sounds like you and your guy made it official pretty quickly. Yall must of known it was the real deal! I love that.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:35 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyChef1 View Post
Im so jealous Why cant I remember what the heck we talked about that first call? I was so giddy and nervous all I remember is his accent...my ole man his a mean east coast accent!
I can hardly remember the specifics of what him and I talked about and it was last night. LOL. B has an Boston accent as that's where he is from. I had already talk to his mother and sister who have accents too but B's is MUCH thicker lol. Its the best accent in the world. I vpuld listen to him talk for hours if I was allowed to LOL. And the thing is, I have always had a thing for a Boston accent and ironically the guy I decided to write has one that's the best I have ever heard. Anyway I am just looking forward to the 2nd call today. He makes my heart smile.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:11 PM
I LOVE MY MUSLIM MAN!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandagrace View Post
I can hardly remember the specifics of what him and I talked about and it was last night. LOL. B has an Boston accent as that's where he is from. I had already talk to his mother and sister who have accents too but B's is MUCH thicker lol. Its the best accent in the world. I vpuld listen to him talk for hours if I was allowed to LOL. And the thing is, I have always had a thing for a Boston accent and ironically the guy I decided to write has one that's the best I have ever heard. Anyway I am just looking forward to the 2nd call today. He makes my heart smile.
Awe please keep us posted on the progress and loo forward to many many more calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to SexyChef1 For This Useful Post:
mandagrace (01-10-2013)
Old 12-19-2012, 04:35 AM

Jelaous! TX doesnt do international phone calls (Im in sweden) so thats just never going to happen.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:11 PM

Your post put a huge smile on my face; I love hearing about the first phone calls, the first visits, and remembering my own butterflies and face-splitting smiles. I can't wait to hear more about your journey as it evolves with him.

J and I corresponded for well over a year before our first phone call; we had what I like to call a slow-burn relationship at first (although things have certainly caught fire now). But I can remember when I heard his voice for the first time. He handled himself with a lot more confidence and certainty than I did at first, that's for sure...although by the end it felt like one of the most natural things in the whole world. And now, nearly three years after our first letter, he's home...and we can't seem to STOP talking. At least a few hours each day my phone's up to my ear...unless I'm actually IN Texas for a visit, and then we're just attached at the hip.

Hold these memories close, girl; I'm really happy for you. Things evolve the way they're meant to evolve. Just enjoy the journey, and keep the happy memories close on the days where you miss him and feel the separation. I never had writing a prisoner (let alone falling in love) in my plans either, but one way or another it happened, and here we all are now.

I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!
I am the captain of my soul."

The Following User Says Thank You to Atomic Songbird For This Useful Post:
mandagrace (01-10-2013)
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 AM

I remember my first phone call it was awkward at first but then I couldn't get enough of him and at that time he could call all day so we'd speak for hours
Old 12-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Sweet Thing

The phone calls are never ever long enough. He called me two days in a row and if he would've called me a third day I would still have had stuff to talk about. I'm lucky enough to get twenty minute phone calls. I have it out for the lady that tells us we have one minute remaining... let me tell ya.

“We loved with a love that was more than love.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
The Following User Says Thank You to Kay_2012 For This Useful Post:
mandagrace (01-10-2013)
Old 01-10-2013, 04:16 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic Songbird View Post
Your post put a huge smile on my face; I love hearing about the first phone calls, the first visits, and remembering my own butterflies and face-splitting smiles. I can't wait to hear more about your journey as it evolves with him.

J and I corresponded for well over a year before our first phone call; we had what I like to call a slow-burn relationship at first (although things have certainly caught fire now). But I can remember when I heard his voice for the first time. He handled himself with a lot more confidence and certainty than I did at first, that's for sure...although by the end it felt like one of the most natural things in the whole world. And now, nearly three years after our first letter, he's home...and we can't seem to STOP talking. At least a few hours each day my phone's up to my ear...unless I'm actually IN Texas for a visit, and then we're just attached at the hip.

Hold these memories close, girl; I'm really happy for you. Things evolve the way they're meant to evolve. Just enjoy the journey, and keep the happy memories close on the days where you miss him and feel the separation. I never had writing a prisoner (let alone falling in love) in my plans either, but one way or another it happened, and here we all are now.

I look forward to hearing more from you in the future!
I'm just now seeing your post! Its good to hear that having a "slow burn relationship" can be a good thing. Thank you so much and for yesterday's advice too. It helped more than you know. Thank you X a million lol. I also look forward to continuing to update!
Old 01-10-2013, 04:26 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay_2012 View Post
The phone calls are never ever long enough. He called me two days in a row and if he would've called me a third day I would still have had stuff to talk about. I'm lucky enough to get twenty minute phone calls. I have it out for the lady that tells us we have one minute remaining... let me tell ya.
lol I'm beginning to see what that's like. I'm sure lots of people have it out for that lady!! We only get 15 mins and he has to wait 30 mins before calling back. We were able to get him cheap phone calls though through google voice. So that's nice! It's just so hard to say all you want to say in such a short time!