Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:18 PM

Which ever address is fine. When you get approved he will let you know, make sure HE has your current address so when he finds out he can mail you a letter. If you're lucky as I was you'll get approved in 2 months 1/2 months!
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisybaby View Post
Hi ladies! My boyfriend is going to send me an application for visitation very soon and I am wondering what I should do if I am moving. The address I am living at now has been my permanent address for the last 8 years and I don't know exactly where I will be moving to yet so I am wondering:

1) Should I hold on to the application until I know my new address and submit it with the new information or

2) Should I submit my application once I get it with my current address and update it later with my new one?

I know I will have a new address within 30 days, but I do not want to delay my application for processing as I have heard it can take a few months before approval. I am planning on getting new ID/DL once I have been settled into my new home to confirm it will be a permanent stay at that address.

Will my application be rejected if I send it in with my current address or is it even possible to update it once application has been approved? I don't want to re-start the whole application again.

Thank you so much for all of your help!
daisybaby (07-30-2013)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-30-2013, 11:45 PM
Missing My #1 King

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzylizz View Post
Which ever address is fine. When you get approved he will let you know, make sure HE has your current address so when he finds out he can mail you a letter. If you're lucky as I was you'll get approved in 2 months 1/2 months!
Thank you for your help!
Old 08-22-2013, 02:21 PM

Default Wasco visiting

do you have to have an approved visiting form to visit at wasco reception???

if not do you have to have an appointment????? and if so what number do you call to make an appointment????
Old 08-22-2013, 02:48 PM

i know for reception you need to be approved and they are non contact visits
The Following User Says Thank You to mommieof5 For This Useful Post:
s62693 (08-22-2013)
Old 08-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Miss my KiNg

And the application can take 6-8 weeks to get approved......so hurry and get it in!
Old 08-24-2013, 10:14 AM

Wow reading the post about wasco visiting,which I will be visiting there soon myself I've sent my form in about 3 weeks ago an a short visit with him behind glass is not cool when I have to travel 130 miles ea way.Do anybody know about the dress code at wasco? And do you wait in a line to get in ? Are do u have to call for a appoitment?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:39 AM

Default About wasco state prison

Hello I am also new to the idea of getting info. About wsp an is still in shock that I have to go thru this again with my fiancee for two years are more idk,anyway if any one have any information on how wasco state prison visiting works? please let me no...I've sent a form in for background check 3 weeks ago.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEWIFE02 View Post
why does wasco take so long to approve I visit other prison and never waited so long...so does itvreally take 2 or 3 months or should I call everyother week I submit mines in november she told me mines still processing
Wow your little girl was born on my son birthday he will be 4 this Dec. Anyway I see this was posted a while back an I just want to ask you what can u wear? As soon a I get my approvel I'm going hopefully by then my fiancee will be moved to the main area so the visit will be longer then 15 mins. What was your 1st visit like?
Old 08-24-2013, 05:45 PM

Hello! My Fiancť has been in Wasco Reception since 6/12. There is no access to phones in reception so it makes it difficult on us all. The mail has been flowing very steady so that's good that we don't have much of a delay. My visiting application was received by them on 6/25 and I just got approved on 8/9, other people have had to wait longer. Visiting is an hour and non-contact only! He has been there for almost 3 months an as of 8/20 he still has not seen his counselor. I wish you ladies and your LO's all the best! God Bless!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
And the application can take 6-8 weeks to get approved......so hurry and get it in!
thanks............. do you know the address to mail the visiting form back and how do put money on their books
Old 08-24-2013, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by s62693 View Post
thanks............. do you know the address to mail the visiting form back and how do put money on their books
U can call the prison and ask but u usually mail it back to the visiting sergeant where they are at and for money u can use jpay.com but remember if your going to put money and if he owes restitution they are gonna take half of what you send.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
I mailed mine with his letter, they will take it out and let him know it was received. Jpay is the fastest way.
Old 11-08-2013, 02:22 PM
No Regrets

are visits done by calling in? if so does anyone have the #? or is it just thru vpass?
Old 11-08-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rommie View Post
are visits done by calling in? if so does anyone have the #? or is it just thru vpass?
Visiting Days and Hours:

Saturday and Sunday from 8:00 am to 2:45 pm.
All incoming processing begins at 8:00 a.m. and ends at 1:45 p.m.
Visiting by appointment by calling (661) 758-8400 ext. 7864 Monday through Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. No Exception, all appointments must be made over the phone.
Do not leave messages for appointments.
Rommie (11-08-2013)
Old 11-14-2013, 05:58 PM

DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR BLACKS IN "FACILITY D" ALSO OR DOES THIS RULE BELOW STILL APPLY Appointments are necessary ONLY for:
All SOUTHERNER Hispanics in Facility "A", Buildings 3,4,5,&6. SOUTHERNER Hispanics and FRESNO Bulldogs in Facility "C" and "D" AND FOR ALL NORTHERNER Hispanic and Administration Segregation Inmates in Facility "D" Building #6.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:37 PM

Quote:
DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT FOR BLACKS IN "FACILITY D" ALSO OR DOES THIS RULE BELOW STILL APPLY Appointments are necessary ONLY for:
All SOUTHERNER Hispanics in Facility "A", Buildings 3,4,5,&6. SOUTHERNER Hispanics and FRESNO Bulldogs in Facility "C" and "D" AND FOR ALL NORTHERNER Hispanic and Administration Segregation Inmates in Facility "D" Building #6.
Thats what the back of the approval form says i would just call visiting an ask the lady I think her name is Monica she will look it up for u
Old 11-14-2013, 11:10 PM
No Regrets

I've been trying to call for the past 3 days now and can't get through to anyone. It says you have to make a visiting appointment for Northerners, southerners etc my husband doesn't fit into any of those so do I just go without an appointment? No one has answered the phone and I've called every 30 minutes today and just randomly the other two days... I wanted to visit this weekend before he gets shipped off
Old 11-15-2013, 01:20 AM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
I've been trying to call for the past 3 days now and can't get through to anyone. It says you have to make a visiting appointment for Northerners, southerners etc my husband doesn't fit into any of those so do I just go without an appointment? No one has answered the phone and I've called every 30 minutes today and just randomly the other two days... I wanted to visit this weekend before he gets shipped off
If you want to take a chance at going that would be up to you, don't be to disappointed if you don't get to see him I know you need an appt first. Are you approved already?

Old 11-15-2013, 07:20 PM
No Regrets

yeah, I've been approved for a few months... I just can't get through on the phones to make an appointment. UGH!
Old 11-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
yeah, I've been approved for a few months... I just can't get through on the phones to make an appointment. UGH!

yea it takes a while i had to call exactly at 9 when the opened
Old 11-17-2013, 02:42 AM
No Regrets

Inmate locator showed he has been moved to chino so I never made it out there to try my luck. Its ok, this just means the closer we are to contact visits and hopefully a family visit soon!
Old 11-17-2013, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Inmate locator showed he has been moved to chino so I never made it out there to try my luck. Its ok, this just means the closer we are to contact visits and hopefully a family visit soon!
aww congrats glad it worked out for u in the end
Rommie (11-17-2013)
Old 11-22-2013, 10:07 AM

Some yards you do not need to make an appt. I go almost every weekend and never made an appt
Old 11-22-2013, 10:09 AM

Quote:
What yard and number is he in. My hubby is a1 n I don't need to make appts
Old 01-23-2014, 07:37 PM

Default Wasco Visitor questionaire address?

So I got my visitor form today and filled it out. Where the heck do I send it?! to the mail wasco address po box 8800? Do I address it to someone specifically?!