Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:46 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyjose View Post
So I got my visitor form today and filled it out. Where the heck do I send it?! to the mail wasco address po box 8800? Do I address it to someone specifically?!
Just looked at the Visitor Handbook and yes you'd mail it to the same address as if you were writing your LO. The only difference is when you send it back instead of sending it to your LO put Attn: Visiting Lt./Sgt. above the prison information. Hope that helps and hope you're visitor form gets processed quickly.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2014, 06:40 PM

Unhappy Felony Probation/Visiting

my mans been a way for almost a month and a half at wasco reception. he sent me the visitation forms about a week or two after he got there.. but just havent had time to send it in or been kinda scared to get denied.. unfortunately we both got in trouble (both part of the same case) he got convicted and sent away and now i've been convicted of a felony and have 3 years summary probation... now i don't know whether to even bother sending in the forms..?? my record was clean before this. what do i do??? i just got convicted today!
Old 01-30-2014, 07:13 PM
Account Closed

You could always try calling the Visiting Lt/Sgt there at Wasco and ask if that's something that would cause you to be denied. The important thing is that when and if you send in your visiting form that you're completely honest about everything you need to tell them about. Since this is the only incident you've had I'd just include a copy of any documents you received from the court and whatever Probation has given you showing you are on 3 years summary probation. Best of luck and hope it all works out for you.
Old 01-31-2014, 08:39 AM

Thank you so much!!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:29 PM

Does anyone know where to send the visiting form too? my boyfriend said to send it to the address that's on it, but the form states to send it to the prison???
Old 02-24-2014, 11:54 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamrasangel View Post
Does anyone know where to send the visiting form too? my boyfriend said to send it to the address that's on it, but the form states to send it to the prison???

Just send it in a normal letter addressed to your BF and they will take it out and notify him that it was sent.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Just send it in a normal letter addressed to your BF and they will take it out and notify him that it was sent.

Thank you so much!
The Following User Says Thank You to tamrasangel For This Useful Post:
ju's wife (02-25-2014)
Old 02-26-2014, 01:06 PM

so my divorce finally went through n my name is officially changed. I sent the visitor form in my old last name and I am worried that I will be declined since the name is no longer valid. I have tried and tried to call to find out what I need to do.... the ombudsmen I spoke to today said it shouldn't be an issue but that I need to talk to the visitor dept. I have called and called and no one answers. wth? This is so difficult. I sent the visitor form in back in mid jan, and heard nothing?! anyone know how long it is taking to get approved for visits? and if you are declined for visits do they state the reason for the decline on the form they send to you?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
so my divorce finally went through n my name is officially changed. I sent the visitor form in my old last name and I am worried that I will be declined since the name is no longer valid. I have tried and tried to call to find out what I need to do.... the ombudsmen I spoke to today said it shouldn't be an issue but that I need to talk to the visitor dept. I have called and called and no one answers. wth? This is so difficult. I sent the visitor form in back in mid jan, and heard nothing?! anyone know how long it is taking to get approved for visits? and if you are declined for visits do they state the reason for the decline on the form they send to you?
mine was received dec 18 and still hasnt been approves. takes 10 weeks not counting.weekends
Old 02-26-2014, 01:52 PM

the notify the person when its either approved or denied
Old 02-26-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Try calling in the morning right when they open. I believe is 9am and try extension 7865. It usually takes 10 weeks for your form to get approved. Good luck!
Old 02-27-2014, 03:57 PM
Loves of his life

Hi ladies my hubby just arrived to WSP yesterday waiting on a transfer to KVSP. I already scheduled my appt for Sunday but I wanted to know if sandals are allowed and if they are do they need to have a back strap? Thanks so much !!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malmhernandez View Post
Hi ladies my hubby just arrived to WSP yesterday waiting on a transfer to KVSP. I already scheduled my appt for Sunday but I wanted to know if sandals are allowed and if they are do they need to have a back strap? Thanks so much !!
I believe they don't allow shoes without straps around the heels. Check the list below. Have a great visit.
There are specific restrictions:
No blue denim, blue chambray, orange jumpsuits or orange tops with orange
bottoms;
No forest green bottoms with tan tops;
No camouflage unless identification shows active or reserve military personnel;
No strapless, halter, bare midriff, sheer, or transparent clothing;
No skirts, dresses, or shorts that expose more than two inches above the knee;
No clothing that exposes the breast, genitalia, or buttocks area;
No very tight, form-fitting attire;
No wigs, hairpieces, extensions, or other headpieces except for medical reasons
and with prior approval;
No hats or gloves, except with prior approval or in inclement weather; and
No shower shoes.Visiting A Friend or Loved One In Prison 7
Prisons sometimes have their own local rules regarding visiting attire that is deemed unacceptable (i.e., excess jewelry, layered outfits, shoes without straps around the
heel).
Old 03-20-2014, 11:59 AM
his one and only wife

Ugghh I'm so sad and feeling discouraged at the moment... I mailed my visiting form on March 6 and I called today to check if it has been received and it hasn't.... Thinking maybe I should mail another one in case it got lost in the mail. GRRRRRRR
Old 03-20-2014, 11:58 PM
Miss my KiNg

Dont get discouraged thats just how they roll! They been taking over 2 if not 3 mohths to get it processed. Ive never visited at a RC because it takes so long.

Old 03-21-2014, 09:29 AM
his one and only wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ju's wife View Post
Dont get discouraged thats just how they roll! They been taking over 2 if not 3 mohths to get it processed. Ive never visited at a RC because it takes so long.
I'm so not used to this! Every time my husband has been in reception I've been able to visit the first weekend he was there because he always had the same CDC number and I was already approved. For some reason back then the approvals stayed in the system forever and all I ever had to do was complete an update. Waiting to be reapproved is driving me nuts. The lady told me I can try sending in another form in a letter to him and see if that one gets to her first. I'm not so much worried that I'm not approved yet, I just wonder how they don't even have the form.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:08 PM
Miss my KiNg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvly143 View Post
I'm so not used to this! Every time my husband has been in reception I've been able to visit the first weekend he was there because he always had the same CDC number and I was already approved. For some reason back then the approvals stayed in the system forever and all I ever had to do was complete an update. Waiting to be reapproved is driving me nuts. The lady told me I can try sending in another form in a letter to him and see if that one gets to her first. I'm not so much worried that I'm not approved yet, I just wonder how they don't even have the form.
Who knows how they do things anymore? Wonder what would happen if you just went lol

Old 03-22-2014, 06:52 PM
his one and only wife

Lol, I would but last time he was out he discharged his old H number and so this time he got a new one. I'm definitely not approved anymore, but I did send in another form on Thursday just in case they lost the first one....
Old 03-25-2014, 11:40 PM

So it's been 9 weeks and still no word on my visits.... this is getting so frustrating!!! I miss my man so much!
Old 03-26-2014, 10:17 AM
his one and only wife

Quote:
So it's been 9 weeks and still no word on my visits.... this is getting so frustrating!!! I miss my man so much!
I feel the same! I'm going to call again today and see if anything has changed.... Saying a little prayer that something good happens
Old 03-26-2014, 10:25 AM
his one and only wife

Yayyyyy I just called and they received my visiting form on the 11th of March!!! She said it takes 8 weeks to process and it doesn't include weekends and holidays.... LOL hmmm what does that mean.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvly143 View Post
Yayyyyy I just called and they received my visiting form on the 11th of March!!! She said it takes 8 weeks to process and it doesn't include weekends and holidays.... LOL hmmm what does that mean.
My form took 10 weeks to get approved. I think they only count the office working days Monday though Friday so add 16 days to the 8 weeks. You'll probably hear from them by May 20th--that's 10 weeks..hang in there!
Old 03-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Everytime I call I only get the voicemail???? What am I doing wrong???? Also I want to call his counselor to find out of he is going to be able to be release home to me and our kids, if on parole or on prcs.... Ugh I can't ever get someone to answer!

Does anyone know can I send the postcards from the post office to him? When he started getting the ones I was sending to him he asked me to send him some blank ones to write me.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:09 AM

So I got a letter yesterday saying he finally saw his counselor and is moving soon! About 20 min from home! Yay! I'm just gonna re apply for visits cuz this is ridiculous. I read the place is is going to approves them in like 2 weeks! Phone calls and visits! I'm so happy!!!
Old 04-16-2014, 01:30 PM

Looking to rideshare from la to wasco please contact me.i will help out with gas