Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:24 PM

Thank you nica your helpful
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,282 Times in 792 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel2487 View Post
Thank you nica your helpful
You are welcome. We have all been on the same road as newbies. We all learn from one another . I literally learn something new weekly.
Old 02-14-2013, 03:05 PM

Hi

Do they random drug test?
Old 02-14-2013, 04:10 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by passionfruit View Post
Hi

Do they random drug test?

I don't think so. I maybe wrong, maybe someone else will come along and know the answer.
Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica27

I don't think so. I maybe wrong, maybe someone else will come along and know the answer.
Thank you...I was wondering being my honey said they test them...so after that the whole C block on lockdown...
Old 02-14-2013, 07:17 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Thank you...I was wondering being my honey said they test them...so after that the whole C block on lockdown...

Passion, I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. I thought you were referring to a visitor. If the CO has probable cause than they answer is yes they are randomly tested. They also test them after a family visit randomly.

Last edited by Nica; 02-14-2013 at 07:20 PM..
Old 02-14-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:

Passion, I'm sorry I misunderstood your question. I thought you were referring to a visitor. If the CO has probable cause than they answer is yes they are randomly tested. They also test them after a family visit randomly.
No worries thank you...:-)
Old 02-14-2013, 10:53 PM

I need some help here. My fiance is locked up on an aggravated residential burglary charge. Also criminal mischief first degree. He went before the board yesterday. The guy who did his interview told him he was going to try and get him home but honestly it didn't look good. Here we are thinking he is about to get out. His T.E. date is june of 2013 & he just completed a drug program and the certificates should greatly help his chances. I need to know if there is a way for me to find out if he was approved. I called the parole board today but just got a recording to leave a message. Also I'm wondering if the victim protested him getting parole does that for sure mean he will be denied? I'm new to all this and need some answers so really anyone who can help me with any info at all would be appreciated. I feel very helpless and sad.
Old 02-14-2013, 11:36 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claysgirl View Post
I need some help here. My fiance is locked up on an aggravated residential burglary charge. Also criminal mischief first degree. He went before the board yesterday. The guy who did his interview told him he was going to try and get him home but honestly it didn't look good. Here we are thinking he is about to get out. His T.E. date is june of 2013 & he just completed a drug program and the certificates should greatly help his chances. I need to know if there is a way for me to find out if he was approved. I called the parole board today but just got a recording to leave a message. Also I'm wondering if the victim protested him getting parole does that for sure mean he will be denied? I'm new to all this and need some answers so really anyone who can help me with any info at all would be appreciated. I feel very helpless and sad.

CLAYSGIRL....are you on the right forum? please excuse me if I am wrong, this is California are you meaning to post on Arkansas

Last edited by Nica; 02-14-2013 at 11:51 PM..
Old 02-15-2013, 09:44 PM

my love isn't in the seg area anymore , I don't know where hes really at , he sent me a v-card for valentines day it was dated the 7, he stated hes not at the seg address anymore , hes in transpacked an hell call me or write me when he gets to the next prison , he said hell be leaving any day , that was last week . I checked imate locater an hes still at p.v.s.p. whats transpacked? how long does it take to catch the bus? where ever hes in is there an actual address where I can still send him letters?theres no visiting from my understanding or address .........no communication =(
Old 02-15-2013, 10:30 PM

cancel ladys on my recent questions, something came over me to check the imate locator one more time an he bus up tp corCorcan , now hes 3 hrs away from me =( this will be it for me fm p.v.s.p . Thank u ladys once agin best wishes for u an your loves... goodbye tAKE CARE GOD BLESS

Last edited by rachel2487; 02-15-2013 at 10:38 PM..
Old 03-20-2013, 01:33 PM

yay, I found the PVSP newbie threat, but is there a chit chat thread just for PVSP like if we have questions and concerns? im missing it some where! ...
Old 03-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisbabygirl78 View Post
yay, I found the PVSP newbie threat, but is there a chit chat thread just for PVSP like if we have questions and concerns? im missing it some where! ...

PVSP, nor any facility has a chit-chat thread. They (PTO) eliminated it in Jan '13. Certain things are put in the mix here and there in the threads we have now. You can find the chit chat forum under:
California Bull Session lounge.

If you have ANY questions ask away there are many helpful ladies here or you can PM me...I will try to answer your questions

Last edited by Nica; 03-20-2013 at 10:35 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
hisbabygirl78 (03-21-2013)
Old 03-21-2013, 11:48 AM

ok, was thinking they had the chit chat thread were we could vent about stuff going on at our prisons but eh Ill figure it out lol thanx a bunch Nica
Old 03-21-2013, 09:35 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by hisbabygirl78 View Post
ok, was thinking they had the chit chat thread were we could vent about stuff going on at our prisons but eh Ill figure it out lol thanx a bunch Nica

Girlie, I vent in the threads when it's about visiting or phones... lol
Old 03-21-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:

Girlie, I vent in the threads when it's about visiting or phones... lol
Ok so do I....lol
Old 03-22-2013, 06:21 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Ok so do I....lol
Right!?! Why not its about PV and its operations.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:48 AM

Quote:

Right!?! Why not its about PV and its operations.
Yes sometimes there way of operating will have you irro...lol

But..0 I don't understand this new pto rule...we should have our own chat
Old 04-10-2013, 08:39 AM

Good Morning Ladies! I had posted a few months back about Pleasant but now we are finally here Although I am feeling kind of nervous since every move means new prison and the way they function is different. However, I am glad to be gone from the other place. I was reading in past post that they have patios? In the summer are women allowed to wear blouses that are loose and with no sleeves? Also,the friends outside trailer until what time is it open? Any information that you guys feel I might need would be gladly appreciated. I just have so many questions but dont want to sound annoying lol Alright then Chicas! I look forward in hearing about PVSP. Thank You in Advance.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:59 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt<3 View Post
Good Morning Ladies! I had posted a few months back about Pleasant but now we are finally here Although I am feeling kind of nervous since every move means new prison and the way they function is different. However, I am glad to be gone from the other place. I was reading in past post that they have patios? In the summer are women allowed to wear blouses that are loose and with no sleeves? Also,the friends outside trailer until what time is it open? Any information that you guys feel I might need would be gladly appreciated. I just have so many questions but dont want to sound annoying lol Alright then Chicas! I look forward in hearing about PVSP. Thank You in Advance.

to PV, we have all been down the same path, newbies. It comes with the territory lol...Its okay the CO's dont bite .
Yes we have patios they are open all the time . You can wear a lose blouse as long as your bra strap does not show and the strap is 2 inches in width if sleeveless. The friends outside is opened I believe till 3:15. All the ladies on here are great . We all help one another out. So ask away, and take a look at our prior threads.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:44 PM

Quote:

to PV, we have all been down the same path, newbies. It comes with the territory lol...Its okay the CO's dont bite .
Yes we have patios they are open all the time . You can wear a lose blouse as long as your bra strap does not show and the strap is 2 inches in width if sleeveless. The friends outside is opened I believe till 3:15. All the ladies on here are great . We all help one another out. So ask away, and take a look at our prior threads.
Hi welcome...

Ask away...lol
Old 04-11-2013, 01:57 PM

@PASSION FRUiT & NICA 27 :
THANK yOU Ladies so much for the warm welcoming! I have this top I want to wear but I'm like is it going to pass? I guess I will take my chances and if not then I will have to change. I know the CO's dont bite lol however you know there is always one CO who tends to really be having a lovely day and picks on the newbies. lol Your right it comes with the territory I will get use to it. I'm just glad I dont have to do no 5hr drive no more.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt&lt View Post
@PASSION FRUiT & NICA 27 :
THANK yOU Ladies so much for the warm welcoming! I have this top I want to wear but I'm like is it going to pass? I guess I will take my chances and if not then I will have to change. I know the CO's dont bite lol however you know there is always one CO who tends to really be having a lovely day and picks on the newbies. lol Your right it comes with the territory I will get use to it. I'm just glad I dont have to do no 5hr drive no more.
You're very welcome...I understand...I was a newbie with a lot of questions...

Hey try your luck it may pass and it may not...just have a back up....I test mynluck from time to time...lol if you wear a white make sure it isn't see through...mg 5 hours. Whew...

My drive now is 2 hours and about 50 mins ok ok 3 hours...and I hate it..lol
Old 04-11-2013, 04:38 PM

Quote:
You're very welcome...I understand...I was a newbie with a lot of questions...

Hey try your luck it may pass and it may not...just have a back up....I test mynluck from time to time...lol if you wear a white make sure it isn't see through...mg 5 hours. Whew...

My drive now is 2 hours and about 50 mins ok ok 3 hours...and I hate it..lol
Okay, so I am coming from Oakland and my GPS says 2hrs and 58 mins! I guess that GPS is not accurate then lol. I was hoping he would get closer but that's asking for to much right? ha White is one of those colors you have to kind of gamble. Are there any women CO's I should be warned about. I know they have those in every prison. There were 5 at the prison my guy was at. Boy were they trippin' on every little thing. They would even tell the female visitors to lean to make sure nothing would be seen if they bent down. I'm excited because he's semi-close.Works with me ha Another question while he is in orientation can I send him a paper package and do I send it addressed to him or differently? Photo Ducats are bought after you pass the metal detector correct? Is the metal detector very sensitive that it might sound off with a bra that has 2 hooks? I saw these ideal bra's that have plastic under (to give a little lift lol) but then I saw the tag and they were nursing bra's! LMAO Also in the visiting room are inmates allowed to stand with the visitors at the microwaves and go with their visitors to the vending machines but no touching money right? Are they very strict when you kiss them at the beginning and at the very end do you have to say goodbye at the table or can they walk with you to the back to say their good-bye's. The drive is such a lonely one. The 5 is so dead and people speed through that like it aint nobody's business, coming from up North. Even the slow lane lol

Last edited by WeAreArt<3; 04-11-2013 at 04:41 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreArt&lt View Post
Okay, so I am coming from Oakland and my GPS says 2hrs and 58 mins! I guess that GPS is not accurate then lol. I was hoping he would get closer but that's asking for to much right? ha White is one of those colors you have to kind of gamble. Are there any women CO's I should be warned about. I know they have those in every prison. There were 5 at the prison my guy was at. Boy were they trippin' on every little thing. They would even tell the female visitors to lean to make sure nothing would be seen if they bent down. I'm excited because he's semi-close.Works with me ha Another question while he is in orientation can I send him a paper package and do I send it addressed to him or differently? Photo Ducats are bought after you pass the metal detector correct? Is the metal detector very sensitive that it might sound off with a bra that has 2 hooks? I saw these ideal bra's that have plastic under (to give a little lift lol) but then I saw the tag and they were nursing bra's! LMAO Also in the visiting room are inmates allowed to stand with the visitors at the microwaves and go with their visitors to the vending machines but no touching money right? Are they very strict when you kiss them at the beginning and at the very end do you have to say goodbye at the table or can they walk with you to the back to say their good-bye's. The drive is such a lonely one. The 5 is so dead and people speed through that like it aint nobody's business, coming from up North. Even the slow lane lol
Whew .lol if just kidding...

I'm not sure if you can send writing items ...if you have his cell info I would send it...all orientation stage...I know the will be in orientation for 14 days..

Yes the women co' are everywhere and one is picky especially is f you have a lol booty....cover it...man she it picky....the snaps in back of bra should be ok...I never had any problems..

Dam your in the east bay..so am I.... OMg...hi...:-) yes 5 is boring..

Yrs he can stand with you...the rules are pretty much the same as every prison...it just some prison are stricter ...you will be fine...yea no money is to be touched by inmate...