Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Old 02-12-2014, 01:20 PM
Crusader for Justice

Default Is NKSP a Reception Hub?

My fiance and I are being told through the good old county rumor mill that he will be sent to NKSP for reception. Is this prison now the reception center for San Bernardino county inmates going into the state system? Last time in 2011 he was sent to CIM for reception -- which I would prefer, since it's so much closer and actually in our county. Thank you for any answers!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustInLove2013 View Post
My fiance and I are being told through the good old county rumor mill that he will be sent to NKSP for reception. Is this prison now the reception center for San Bernardino county inmates going into the state system? Last time in 2011 he was sent to CIM for reception -- which I would prefer, since it's so much closer and actually in our county. Thank you for any answers!
Hi we talked in another thread. My son was just transferred on Wednesday night to Kern. Haven't heard from him yet but they took him there from San Bernardino jail. I have no idea how long before I hear from him
Old 03-17-2014, 09:44 PM
A Mother's Pain

My son is also here from transferring from OK to Az so not sure where he will be going. How long do they stay here until classified out, he been in for over 8 yrs with 4 to go, low points of 19 level 2 but can't go any lower due to crime. Anyone got suggestions as where he will land and when? Thanks all!
Old 03-26-2014, 12:04 PM
A Mother's Pain

Does anyone know what Facility A build 5 is for? Is this reception area? Also, need help with phone set up. The only facility to pick from on the list was California DOC, everything else was for county jails. HELP
Old 03-26-2014, 01:23 PM
Still loving my hubby...

Thanked 1,658 Times in 1,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by amotherspain View Post
Does anyone know what Facility A build 5 is for? Is this reception area? Also, need help with phone set up. The only facility to pick from on the list was California DOC, everything else was for county jails. HELP
Not sure about your first question but as far as the phone setup you choose Califonia DOC. Good luck

Old 03-26-2014, 07:20 PM
A Mother's Pain

Thanks for the phone info, I couldn't figure it out. Im wondering if that will work for the MCCF locations too.
Old 05-09-2014, 10:59 PM

Default D Yard

My hubby is in D yard, anybody else in here with a LO in D?
Old 05-10-2014, 12:02 AM

This might be a silly question but how do you know what years they are in

Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 AM

Default Visiting Form

Hi Everyone,

I finally received a visiting form from my husband, but I can't figure out exactly where to send it, as NKSP has several addresses. Their website has all sorts of outdated info, so I tried calling visiting several times, and every time someone picked up and immediately hung up without so much as a "hello."

Also, does my husband need to send one of these forms for every time he'd like me to visit?
Old 06-03-2014, 05:28 PM

Thanked 1,683 Times in 574 Posts

I haven't filled one out in so long that I honestly don't remember who to send the form back to so someone else can clarify but I could've sworn the form said to send it back to the inmate/LO??

No once you're approved to visit your LO at that facility, you don't need to fill it again. I'm going on 2 years now since filling one out and so far I've not been asked to update it either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie3333 View Post
Hi Everyone,

I finally received a visiting form from my husband, but I can't figure out exactly where to send it, as NKSP has several addresses. Their website has all sorts of outdated info, so I tried calling visiting several times, and every time someone picked up and immediately hung up without so much as a "hello."

Also, does my husband need to send one of these forms for every time he'd like me to visit?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeDeuce View Post
I haven't filled one out in so long that I honestly don't remember who to send the form back to so someone else can clarify but I could've sworn the form said to send it back to the inmate/LO??

No once you're approved to visit your LO at that facility, you don't need to fill it again. I'm going on 2 years now since filling one out and so far I've not been asked to update it either.
Thanks for the info! I'll address it to my husband. I guess I put it to the attention of "Visiting"?
Old 06-03-2014, 08:17 PM

Does anyone now anything about the lockdown in Units A and D? I called the visiting information line, and there was an announcement about that.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janie3333 View Post
Does anyone now anything about the lockdown in Units A and D? I called the visiting information line, and there was an announcement about that.
I called visiting today and they said A yard has been on LD for a week, but to call Friday too see if it was lifted before visiting.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:16 PM

Default Lockdown

Do you know the reason why they go on lockdown?
Old 06-05-2014, 05:56 PM
his one and only wife

Just mail it back in your next letter... The mailroom will take the visiting form out and forward it appropriately.
The Following User Says Thank You to Luvly143 For This Useful Post:
KobeDeuce (06-05-2014)
Old 06-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Thanked 1,683 Times in 574 Posts

My LO wrote me last week and said a fight broke out in the kitchen and several were hospitalized so A and D yards were locked and all visits canceled. Since a new Wardon/CO or whoever has been there for the last couple of months he has canceled weekend visits a number of times. He/She is strict!

Last edited by KobeDeuce; 06-05-2014 at 09:15 PM..
Old 06-06-2014, 09:57 AM

Ugh...I hope the LD is over soon...I need my visits!! And phone calls
When off LD how often does A yard get phone calls? Just curious to know...I'm a newbie to nksp.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:00 PM

Question Help ? reception??? :/

My friend just got transferred last Monday from PDC to North Kern Valley SP . He is currently in reception . Does anyone know how's long reception can take it or where they might send me ? No idea how this works...
Old 07-20-2014, 04:22 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcvi_inluvv View Post
My friend just got transferred last Monday from PDC to North Kern Valley SP . He is currently in reception . Does anyone know how's long reception can take it or where they might send me ? No idea how this works...
Reception generally takes up to 120 days but can also take longer. Once he's classified and they determine his custody level they'll figure out what prisons he can go to. Then it becomes a matter of them finding bed space for him, that's where the wait can become lengthy. If he doesn't have writing supplies you can send him those as he won't be able to call for a while. Hope that helps also you can go to the CDCr website and search for the Title 15 and that will usually have a lot of the answers to any questions you might have.

Best of luck.
Old 07-20-2014, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamor View Post
Reception generally takes up to 120 days but can also take longer. Once he's classified and they determine his custody level they'll figure out what prisons he can go to. Then it becomes a matter of them finding bed space for him, that's where the wait can become lengthy. If he doesn't have writing supplies you can send him those as he won't be able to call for a while. Hope that helps also you can go to the CDCr website and search for the Title 15 and that will usually have a lot of the answers to any questions you might have.

Best of luck.
Thanks you I appreciate it I will check out the website . Can you visit them while in reception ?
Old 07-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcvi_inluvv View Post
Thanks you I appreciate it I will check out the website . Can you visit them while in reception ?
He has to send you a visiting form if he hasn't already and then you'll have to wait to be approved for visiting. While they're in reception the visits are behind glass and each prison is different on how long it's taking them to process the visiting forms. That's the first step though getting him to send you the visiting form to get that whole process started.
Old 07-20-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamor View Post
He has to send you a visiting form if he hasn't already and then you'll have to wait to be approved for visiting. While they're in reception the visits are behind glass and each prison is different on how long it's taking them to process the visiting forms. That's the first step though getting him to send you the visiting form to get that whole process started.
Alright thanks for your help . I feel a lot better now , I don't feel so lost. I appreciate it
Old 07-28-2014, 04:46 PM

Has anyone received a phone call from A building 4 ??? And is there anyone who goes all day visits ?? My man just got transferred a week ago from avenal and trying to carpool
Old 07-28-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane909 View Post
Has anyone received a phone call from A building 4 ??? And is there anyone who goes all day visits ?? My man just got transferred a week ago from avenal and trying to carpool
He may still be in orientation. Its takes a couple weeks to get housed. Until then its kinda like they are in reception....no calls/ or contact visits. I go all day visits
Old 07-28-2014, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm118 View Post
He may still be in orientation. Its takes a couple weeks to get housed. Until then its kinda like they are in reception....no calls/ or contact visits. I go all day visits
He's been there for a week they told me he was already housed in mainline and i called visiting and he is able to get all day visits already I booked my visit for sat but I have not talked to him but I did confirm I am able to see him all day where do you live and how often you go

Last edited by Diane909; 07-28-2014 at 06:51 PM..