Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Old 07-31-2014, 11:32 PM

My husband just got sent there for reception... I will be looking to travel there soon...I live in San Bernardino County.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2014, 07:54 PM

My hubby too just got send there for reception... I live in cudahy :/
Old 08-02-2014, 12:02 AM
his one and only wife

Just remember, before you can visit you have to be approved.
Old 08-08-2014, 08:37 PM

I have a question for you guys my man has been in reception for about 45 days now he was originally on B yard which was cell living and he just got moved to C yard which is dorm living which means I guess he'll be lower level. I know the reception process can take months but I was just wondering what other people's experiences were and how long they had to wait before they were transferred out or Saw a counselor.
Old 08-09-2014, 02:14 AM

Default I'm all the way new to this

Hey so I'm going to visit my boyfriend for the first time at NKSP can you wear zip up sweaters I hope that's not a stupid question thank you in advance. ...
Old 08-09-2014, 03:45 AM

Hey I'm super new to this aswell ... I'm still waiting to hear from my hubby... Good luck on your visiting
Old 08-11-2014, 02:53 AM

Help......whats non LT time mean?
Old 08-12-2014, 01:36 AM
ROBERTS QUEEN

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by StubbornsWife88 View Post
I have a question for you guys my man has been in reception for about 45 days now he was originally on B yard which was cell living and he just got moved to C yard which is dorm living which means I guess he'll be lower level. I know the reception process can take months but I was just wondering what other people's experiences were and how long they had to wait before they were transferred out or Saw a counselor.

hey my man was on B yard as well he just got transferred to C yard he's only been in reception almost a month I just no he gets his mail quick I'm still waiting on my approval for visiting which I sent out on July25 . Have u been approved for visiting yet? Do u no how long the wait??
Old 08-12-2014, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allie89 View Post
hey my man was on B yard as well he just got transferred to C yard he's only been in reception almost a month I just no he gets his mail quick I'm still waiting on my approval for visiting which I sent out on July25 . Have u been approved for visiting yet? Do u no how long the wait??

I just put in my request the first week of July. I called them and they said it can take anywhere up to 6 to 8 weeks. So they told me when it comes up then to call them back for them to double check. You have to call to get them to speed up the process!! that's what I heard so I did.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducesgirl87 View Post
Hey so I'm going to visit my boyfriend for the first time at NKSP can you wear zip up sweaters I hope that's not a stupid question thank you in advance. ...
I would call to double check. Also, take extra clothes just in case they make you change! goodluck! have a good visit
Old 08-13-2014, 11:36 PM

Hello my husband is on B yard...where do I mail my visitor application? He said in the letter to send back to him...but the form says mail to the visiting office at the institution. I want to mail tomorrow if any one can give me a quick reply...Thanks
Old 08-14-2014, 03:40 PM

you mail it back to him!!
The Following User Says Thank You to miisariel For This Useful Post:
loveylove (09-01-2014)
Old 08-14-2014, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducesgirl87 View Post
You can wear zip up jackets/sweaters, but you have to take it off to go through the metal detectors. So you have to make sure that the blouse/shirt you're wearing is appropriate (no tank tops/see through blouses/tight fitting).

Hope this helps
Old 08-15-2014, 11:28 PM

Default My husbands on his way to NKSP?

Hey Y'all. So my love was released from jail and transferred over to "Agency Description: NO KERN CO ST PRI DELANO " according to the LA county web-site.

Is this just a reception prison? Or is this going to be the prison that he will do his time in? He has a 4 year sentence with half time (2) years.

Just curious.

Also curious about how long till we can talk again? He was transferred out of county last night, we said our goodbyes and love yous and preparing ourselves to not talk for at least a month... Is that right?

Last edited by obssands; 08-15-2014 at 11:31 PM..
Old 08-16-2014, 12:00 PM
True Love Waits

Quote:
Originally Posted by miisariel View Post
I would call to double check. Also, take extra clothes just in case they make you change! goodluck! have a good visit
I am pretty sure you can wear zip up sweater, but u must have a shirt underneath, so u can take off the sweater for inspection.
Old 08-17-2014, 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by obssands View Post
Hey Y'all. So my love was released from jail and transferred over to "Agency Description: NO KERN CO ST PRI DELANO " according to the LA county web-site.

Is this just a reception prison? Or is this going to be the prison that he will do his time in? He has a 4 year sentence with half time (2) years.

Just curious.

Also curious about how long till we can talk again? He was transferred out of county last night, we said our goodbyes and love yous and preparing ourselves to not talk for at least a month... Is that right?

it is a reception prison! and you guys can write letters! and once you two start writing ask your man to send you a visitation form and once you receive it from him fill it out and send it back to him and then you can visit him. once he gets to mainline that's when he can start calling you! in reception he can only write to you and have visits. no phone calls
Old 08-21-2014, 11:54 AM
True Love Waits

Hey Ladies!
My husband just arrived last week. He came from CMC due to some problem he had there (U know, when u such a smart ass & know everything! ); so I have a few questions. FYI, he has been down for 25+ years.
1. Why would he be sent to a reception prison? He said in a letter b4 he left CMC, that he would be there for a year.
2. Is this different than any other prison? When he went to CMC, he was able to call me within 2 weeks & I was able to visit within 30 days.
3. How long b4 he can write?
4. As he is not new coming into the system, w/he go threw this same long time frame b4 he can call?
5. I put money on his books threw JPay on the 12th of this month, which was probably the day he transferred in, so w/he know that it is there? Do they notify him, as he didn't know I would be sending it…...

Thanks for any info

PS…. I w/not be visiting him while he is here, so really don't need any of that info……Thanks

Last edited by Beloved01; 08-21-2014 at 12:32 PM..
Old 08-21-2014, 01:01 PM

Hi. NKSP is not just a reception center but also has a level 3 and 1 yard. It took my hubby about 3 weeks to call since they have to go through orientation first and then they will get housed. Try calling his counselor. Hope that helps some.
The Following User Says Thank You to mnm118 For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (08-21-2014)
Old 08-21-2014, 01:15 PM

Oh and he can write, you should send him some paper and envelopes cause they don't get their property until they are housed after orientation.
The Following User Says Thank You to mnm118 For This Useful Post:
Beloved01 (08-21-2014)
Old 08-22-2014, 12:37 AM
True Love Waits

SO SURPRISED! He Called Tonight!!!! (Only 10 days after he arrived) Feeling very relieved…...
Old 12-04-2014, 02:01 AM

Hi ladies, my hubby was just transferred from LA county .... I was wondering how long will it be till I recieve a letter from him? Or mines to get to him? Is there any way I can find out his release date any info is highly appreciated ❤️
Old 12-04-2014, 10:44 AM

Ur letter to him may take 1-2 weeks due to holidays his letters will get to you 1-2 days crazy i know --- postcards get there way faster-- & he can send off a letter as soon as possible my guy wrote the first chance he got after a transfer there-- you can call prison and speak to records i think they may only tell you month and year of realease and will tell you inmate has an to inform you of that smh
Old 12-04-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEROs_Trompuda View Post
Ur letter to him may take 1-2 weeks due to holidays his letters will get to you 1-2 days crazy i know --- postcards get there way faster-- & he can send off a letter as soon as possible my guy wrote the first chance he got after a transfer there-- you can call prison and speak to records i think they may only tell you month and year of realease and will tell you inmate has an to inform you of that smh
Thanks for your reply Hueros what r the rules to sending postcards? I'll try calling records see if they can tell me at least the month n year since i haven't recieved anything from him yet :/
Old 12-04-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annierrose View Post
Thanks for your reply Hueros what r the rules to sending postcards? I'll try calling records see if they can tell me at least the month n year since i haven't recieved anything from him yet :/
Just write ur return address on it thats about all-- stamp it same rules apply--
Old 12-05-2014, 12:45 PM

Default Early Release???

Has anybody heard anything about early release for nonviolent offenders? I called records and they gave me his release date as April but I'm hoping he'll be home sooner than that. He was sentenced in September to 16 months With Half. I don't think he's seen a counselor yet either.