Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Kern State Prison (NKSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to North Kern State Prison (NKSP) located in Delano, California.

Old 12-05-2014, 03:06 PM

Thanked 1,683 Times in 574 Posts

You'd probably receive the best answers under the "California News & Events" forum or just ask your question(s) there. Those lady's and gents are practically experts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedgemini View Post
Has anybody heard anything about early release for nonviolent offenders? I called records and they gave me his release date as April but I'm hoping he'll be home sooner than that. He was sentenced in September to 16 months With Half. I don't think he's seen a counselor yet either.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2014, 03:26 PM

My boyfriend will be transferred in the next couple weeks to kern for reception. How long after he is there can he write a letter or receive a visit? And what are visits like there? Oh and what are the programs he can join to reduce his time? He'll only be there for about 80 days will the even let him join a program?
Old 12-07-2014, 04:15 PM

Also is there a chance he could be released early since he wont be there long enough to get transferred?
Old 12-07-2014, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msaputo View Post
My boyfriend will be transferred in the next couple weeks to kern for reception. How long after he is there can he write a letter or receive a visit? And what are visits like there? Oh and what are the programs he can join to reduce his time? He'll only be there for about 80 days will the even let him join a program?
I think it usually takes a day or two for them to get settled in so they can write but he'll have to send you a visitors form with his signature on the back and you'll have to fill it out and send it back in to get approved to visit which can take a while. I sent mine in Nov 2 and still waiting to get approved.
Old 12-07-2014, 11:17 PM

Takes about 6-8 weeks for an approval- visits in reception are an hour behind the glass
Old 12-11-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I think it usually takes a day or two for them to get settled in so they can write but he'll have to send you a visitors form with his signature on the back and you'll have to fill it out and send it back in to get approved to visit which can take a while. I sent mine in Nov 2 and still waiting to get approved.
That's what I was scared of ): thank you though! Do you know if he's gotten to talk to a counselor yet about his release date or anything or still waiting on that too?
Old 12-11-2014, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEROs_Trompuda View Post
Takes about 6-8 weeks for an approval- visits in reception are an hour behind the glass
Thanks for the reply!
Old 12-11-2014, 01:46 PM

Quote:
That's what I was scared of ): thank you though! Do you know if he's gotten to talk to a counselor yet about his release date or anything or still waiting on that too?
My man has been up there since Oct 23 and still waiting to see good counselor I got his release date from records (month & year) but I'm hoping he gets out earlier than that under prop 47
Old 12-11-2014, 07:36 PM

My guy has been in reception since july 22 and he is still waiting to see his counselor the last one quit last month- believe me ive been bugging the crap out of the old one- the excuse for the lagging is due to new computer system they are introducing--# smdh
Old 12-18-2014, 01:06 PM

My boyfriend will be transferred in a week or so and than he'll only have 2 months left on his sentence so he won't even be there long enough to get mainlined! Has anyone heard of an earlier release for people like that or is he screwed since it takes so long to see a counselor? ):
Old 12-18-2014, 08:13 PM

Ur bf might be realease before even seeing a counselor the way things are now
Old 12-20-2014, 11:56 AM

I'm praying lmao. So I just found out he got transferred is there someone I can call that will give me his inmate mailing address so I can send him paper and envelopes???
Old 12-20-2014, 05:05 PM

He will have to send you a envelope i highly doubt they will give you his bunk number and what block he is on- since its a reception center there are alot of yard there- outgoing mail is hella fast tho two days- h3 can possibly send you a letter monday and you will get weds--- if uou mail him a letter now it will take up to a month to get thru- postcards get there in 2-3days tho
Old 12-21-2014, 05:29 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUEROs_Trompuda View Post
He will have to send you a envelope i highly doubt they will give you his bunk number and what block he is on- since its a reception center there are alot of yard there- outgoing mail is hella fast tho two days- h3 can possibly send you a letter monday and you will get weds--- if uou mail him a letter now it will take up to a month to get thru- postcards get there in 2-3days tho
Okay I guess I'm gonna be sending postcards from now on Lmao thank you!!!!
Old 12-21-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Okay I guess I'm gonna be sending postcards from now on Lmao thank you!!!!
Lol Right I'm going to be doing the same!
Old 12-26-2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Lol Right I'm going to be doing the same!
A month is a joke for letters! -.-
When you sent back the visitation form did you send it to him or visiting department??@
Old 12-26-2014, 12:58 AM

Quote:
A month is a joke for letters! -.-
When you sent back the visitation form did you send it to him or visiting department??@
I sent it directly to the prison cuz when I called that's how they told me to do it. I think I did put visiting on it. Still haven't heard from him saying that I've been approved. But he keeps saying that he wishes I would come see him but he knows it's far for me so idk if he's already found out or just saying that.
Old 12-26-2014, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I sent it directly to the prison cuz when I called that's how they told me to do it. I think I did put visiting on it. Still haven't heard from him saying that I've been approved. But he keeps saying that he wishes I would come see him but he knows it's far for me so idk if he's already found out or just saying that.
Damn I have to send another one I sent it to him not thinking about it! Good thing he sent an extra one haha. Hopefully for you you did get approved and you get a letter back fast to find out! Good luck!
Old 12-26-2014, 05:59 PM

Quote:
Damn I have to send another one I sent it to him not thinking about it! Good thing he sent an extra one haha. Hopefully for you you did get approved and you get a letter back fast to find out! Good luck!
Just got a letter from him with the approval notice took 8 weeks going to see him tomorrow!
Old 12-29-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
You can send to him as well when mail gets processed they take it out and give to visiting officer -- either way its good to go
Old 01-02-2015, 02:30 PM

Is it possible for an inmate to get released before even seeing a counselor? My man has less than 90 days left and with the new 2 for 1 credit that went into effect on the 1st he might even have 45 days left and still hasn't seen his counselor.
Old 01-06-2015, 10:17 PM

Can someone tell me about the guidelines please I'm going to NKSP for the first with my son (what can I bring money bags dress code etc)
Old 01-07-2015, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Is it possible for an inmate to get released before even seeing a counselor? My man has less than 90 days left and with the new 2 for 1 credit that went into effect on the 1st he might even have 45 days left and still hasn't seen his counselor.
Does the 2 for 1 credit apply for inmates who are already serving 50 percent of there time? How'd you hear about it? My man has exactly 90 days left now too and hasn't seen a counselor. i pray someone knows something about this and can reply!!!
Old 01-07-2015, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Does the 2 for 1 credit apply for inmates who are already serving 50 percent of there time? How'd you hear about it? My man has exactly 90 days left now too and hasn't seen a counselor. i pray someone knows something about this and can reply!!!
Go into the California news and events forum and it's under a post that says 2 for 1 I think they have a link there to the court order.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:24 AM

And to answer your question yeah it's for inmates serving 50% but they have to be either minimum custody A or minimum custody B to qualify for this.