Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wasco State Prison (WSP) - California Topics & Discussions specific to Wasco State Prison located in Wasco, California.

Old 04-12-2013, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredipity View Post
I've never had this exact problem but it wouldn't allow me to send money this best way to find out is to call JPay and they'll tell you the exact problem.
I emailed jpay and they said it was an internal problem that had to do with the prison that he's at. So I called Wasco and I got a voicemail. Im waiting to get a hold of someone in accounting. A lot of people think that the only reason for internal transfer blocks are because too many people are trying to send him money or because of some type of disciplinary action and I know he's not on disciplinary action so I'm a little worried. :/ Anyways its all good, I'll just call them back later. I tried, and if it's blocked for a bad reason, then he can wait to get money anyhow.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2013, 05:20 PM
Missing him every minute

My bf just got to Wasco 4 days ago. Does anyone know how long it typically (as typical as the CDCR can get, lol) takes for them to see a counselor and get to their final destination?
Old 04-15-2013, 11:11 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysHeart View Post
My bf just got to Wasco 4 days ago. Does anyone know how long it typically (as typical as the CDCR can get, lol) takes for them to see a counselor and get to their final destination?
Anywhere from 30-180 days but it can be longer.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 PM
Missing him every minute

180 days is a super long time! I sure hope we aren't there that long. I got my first letter yesterday though so I'm pretty happy about that. I sent him one today...let's see how long it takes to get there.
I am so grateful for this site. It's so comforting to know we are not alone on this journey and that we can exchange info and help each other.
Old 04-22-2013, 02:26 PM

Does anyone know how long it's taking for Lifers to get out of reception? My hubby got to WSP on January 31st and he has 125 yrs + 3 life sentences and I heard that lifers are getting transferred quicker than others... but so far he is still there :-/
If you can't cope
I will dry your eyes
I will fight your fight
I will hold you tight
And I won't let go"

~Rascal Flatts - I Won't Let Go"

Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroysHeart View Post
180 days is a super long time! I sure hope we aren't there that long. I got my first letter yesterday though so I'm pretty happy about that. I sent him one today...let's see how long it takes to get there.
I am so grateful for this site. It's so comforting to know we are not alone on this journey and that we can exchange info and help each other.

That's nothing this one lady guy was there 6 months and another for 9 months. Get some postcards and send him some he'll get them in 2-3 days. That's what we're here for to help one another out
Old 04-22-2013, 02:32 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitee0829 View Post
Does anyone know how long it's taking for Lifers to get out of reception? My hubby got to WSP on January 31st and he has 125 yrs + 3 life sentences and I heard that lifers are getting transferred quicker than others... but so far he is still there :-/
I never heard they got moved quicker, maybe you can ask a few other ladies but as far as I know it's no different from other individuals.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 PM

Damn just found out my mans doing 80% of a 32 month sentence. He's been down exactly one year. So about 13 months to go I was hoping it could be less but he said more than likely he will serve about 25 months. Is it common to not know the actual release date yet? He's been in reception now for over 1 month and we don't know his release date yet . Do they tell him after he speaks to his counselor or is he already supposed to know? Thanks
Old 05-09-2013, 11:38 PM
Est. 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyslady View Post
Damn just found out my mans doing 80% of a 32 month sentence. He's been down exactly one year. So about 13 months to go I was hoping it could be less but he said more than likely he will serve about 25 months. Is it common to not know the actual release date yet? He's been in reception now for over 1 month and we don't know his release date yet . Do they tell him after he speaks to his counselor or is he already supposed to know? Thanks
His counselor will tell him when he sees him! Mine had the same amount of time (80% of 32) and he is doing 25 months, coming home soon!

Old 05-15-2013, 08:22 PM

Default need some help

well my dad is serving a time of 3 years in state, he got transferred to wasco state r/c and hes been in there for 4 wks so far and he says its not a good place to be cus u have no communication with ur loved ones. i put money into his account but i guess there was some confusion with another inmate so they changed his cdc# but the money was not transferred to his new cdc# any answers would help i am new to this
Old 05-17-2013, 11:57 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale102045 View Post
well my dad is serving a time of 3 years in state, he got transferred to wasco state r/c and hes been in there for 4 wks so far and he says its not a good place to be cus u have no communication with ur loved ones. i put money into his account but i guess there was some confusion with another inmate so they changed his cdc# but the money was not transferred to his new cdc# any answers would help i am new to this
Only thing I can say is call back and explain the situation and hope they can transfer if to his new number.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:22 AM

Yay my man talked to his counselor a few days ago!! Hopefully he gets transferred soon. He's been in Wasco for 2 1/2 months. Does anyone know how long to transfer after they speak with their counselor?

Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 AM

I'm trying to find out too. How long did it take for your man to see the counselor from the time he arrived to wasco?
Old 06-08-2013, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by morazan View Post
I'm trying to find out too. How long did it take for your man to see the counselor from the time he arrived to wasco?
He got to Wasco March 29th. He saw his counselor June 4th. So just over 2 months. How long has your LO been in Wasco?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:35 AM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepyslady View Post
Yay my man talked to his counselor a few days ago!! Hopefully he gets transferred soon. He's been in Wasco for 2 1/2 months. Does anyone know how long to transfer after they speak with their counselor?
Hey girly! Mines left the same week he seen his counselor, he met with him on a Tues/Wed and got to his home prison in Friday.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:58 PM

Thank you ladies for the info, my LO got there april 9th.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seredipity View Post
Can't stop smiling! This year is already starting off great, he finally seen his counselor and he'll be leaving soon! Whoo hoo thank God so I can finally hear his voice and visit him ))))
I wish you two the best of luck, my son has been in reception since 9/2012, they tell you 90 - 120 days that is crap. I had to visit my son for 2 years on non contact, I pray he gets moved soon so that I can have contact visits and he could speak to his family
The Following User Says Thank You to CaliMom424242 For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (06-10-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:18 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,108 Times in 16,028 Posts

yeah, reception just sucks. It takes the time it takes. (mine was in SQ for 13 months)
Hopefully that wont be the case with your loved ones.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 06-10-2013, 03:41 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMom424242 View Post
I wish you two the best of luck, my son has been in reception since 9/2012, they tell you 90 - 120 days that is crap. I had to visit my son for 2 years on non contact, I pray he gets moved soon so that I can have contact visits and he could speak to his family
Thank you this post is an order one now he only has 26 days left on prison, time has flew by.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 AM

Yay my man saw his counselor June 4th and I didn't get my regular letter today so Im hoping its because he got transferred. So happyyy. I can't wait for that phone call!

Old 06-11-2013, 10:38 AM

Good morning Ladies,
Quick question, I believe Wasco is mainly a reception center, but also houses a certain number of inmates as well. If this is true, do you know if it houses all races? My husband is up for endorsement and we're trying to figure out if Wasco is an option for him to be transferred to. Any information regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 06-11-2013, 11:14 AM

Yes it's reception and houses inmates as well not sure about all races though. Just know that they do house inmates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa77 View Post
Good morning Ladies,
Quick question, I believe Wasco is mainly a reception center, but also houses a certain number of inmates as well. If this is true, do you know if it houses all races? My husband is up for endorsement and we're trying to figure out if Wasco is an option for him to be transferred to. Any information regarding this is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepyslady For This Useful Post:
Marissa77 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-12-2013, 01:20 AM

Nevermind nevermind!! I think I'm wrong. Someone else told me that and I think they might be wrong. I'll ask my man tomorrow, sorry for the possible misinformation.

The Following User Says Thank You to Sleepyslady For This Useful Post:
Marissa77 (06-12-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 06:06 PM
BB ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissa77 View Post
Good morning Ladies,

Thank you!
Wasco is mainly a reception center but A yard is a mainline yard. It house every race or ethnicity, and your husband well be giving 2-3 options of where he'll be transferred to.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:39 PM

My brother is on A Yard at Wasco as permanent inmate. They do house all races. It's an interesting place. Because so much of it is reception they do not offer alot of programs and eduction...and not as many jobs. It's a level III and I only. Usually there aren't that many problems until recently. There are alot of guys moving around with the changes to their security levels. This movement has created some unrest, and hence the most recent problem. I believe they are still on lockdown because of the death. i haven't had a call in 2 weeks. UGHHH
The Following User Says Thank You to ward626 For This Useful Post:
Marissa77 (06-15-2013)