Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 07-18-2013, 08:03 PM

Angry Why is my visitation denied?

I have been waiting for visitation approval since March. My husband submitted for information in status of my application, according to Calipatria I was denied on June 26, I have yet to recieve letter explaining why. Tried calling visiting no return call, ombudsman no help either. I can't come up with one reason for deniel, not even an unpaid parking ticket. I would go right to the prison in person but I am four hours away. Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Single mom to be :)

Post Recently denied visitation. Not sure why...

I was recently denied vistiation to see my boyfriend in prison. I'm guessing its for incomplete information. How would I go about obtaining my criminal record so I can write the warden? Or is there anything else I need to do to be approved? He's currently at Centinela State Prison.

I'm really bummed out since I'm pregnant and I would like to see him before my due date.

Any thoughts or comments? Thanks and have a great day.

Last edited by rachmorales85; 10-13-2013 at 05:42 PM..
Old 10-13-2013, 05:43 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,621 Times in 16,901 Posts

I'm not familiar with Cali, but I would think that the facility would send you a letter stating why you were denied. Before you go to the trouble to get your criminal record and/orwrite the Warden, perhaps you should wait to see what reason you were denied.

I've moved your thread to the Cali sub-forum for Visitation......Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
rachmorales85 (10-13-2013)
Old 10-13-2013, 05:58 PM
WE FOUND TRU LOVE 1~26~06

This just recently happened to me in July after being approved twice in June '09 and Aug '11. The prison should be sending you a disapproval notice stating why you were denied. I was denied due to a charge from '97 when my cousin used my name that all of a sudden showed up in their system. But if you need to obtain your criminal record by contacting the California Department of Justice....the #s are (916) 227-3849 or (916) 227-3832. You will have to submit your fingerprints and in about a week later you will receive a copy of your criminal record. Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:59 PM

Thanks. He told me to write the Warden a letter beforehand and that this same thing happened to his mom and sister. He said they were missing information from the application. I don't know what else to write. I'm guessing the process takes a long time to be approved??

I know I dont have warrants. I just got a driver's license 2 months ago.
I paid $5,000+ in tickets and surcharges. I'm not a convicted felon. Actually I've only been arrested once in my life for a traffic violation that was paid off back in 2009 by my sister. I've been charged a couple of times here and there with assault or aggravated assault but these cases never made it to the city prosecutors and were dropped. I was never arrested for these crimes.

I'm pregnant and I wanna see him before I get stuck with a newborn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I'm not familiar with Cali, but I would think that the facility would send you a letter stating why you were denied. Before you go to the trouble to get your criminal record and/orwrite the Warden, perhaps you should wait to see what reason you were denied.

I've moved your thread to the Cali sub-forum for Visitation......Welcome to PTO
Old 10-13-2013, 06:00 PM

Well thats the thing. I'm originally from Texas and I moved here to Arizona in 2011 to be closer to family. I guess I will wait for the letter and see what they say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaps_wifey View Post
This just recently happened to me in July after being approved twice in June '09 and Aug '11. The prison should be sending you a disapproval notice stating why you were denied. I was denied due to a charge from '97 when my cousin used my name that all of a sudden showed up in their system. But if you need to obtain your criminal record by contacting the California Department of Justice....the #s are (916) 227-3849 or (916) 227-3832. You will have to submit your fingerprints and in about a week later you will receive a copy of your criminal record. Hope this helps.
Old 10-14-2013, 01:44 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmorales85 View Post
Thanks. He told me to write the Warden a letter beforehand and that this same thing happened to his mom and sister. He said they were missing information from the application. I don't know what else to write. I'm guessing the process takes a long time to be approved??

I know I dont have warrants. I just got a driver's license 2 months ago.
I paid $5,000+ in tickets and surcharges. I'm not a convicted felon. Actually I've only been arrested once in my life for a traffic violation that was paid off back in 2009 by my sister. I've been charged a couple of times here and there with assault or aggravated assault but these cases never made it to the city prosecutors and were dropped. I was never arrested for these crimes.

I'm pregnant and I wanna see him before I get stuck with a newborn.

I can tell you possibley why you were denied....

You have to put down everything including past arrest history. Even though you were arrested for a traffic violation back in 2009 and it was paid off you still have to list it. All charges although it never was prosecuted you still have to list them. You also need to provide proof that you paid all of your traffic fines if not they will deny you. Resubmit a visiting form. Fill it out in it's entirety, if you need a second piece a paper to list past history do so. If you are on any summary probation list it. I hope this helps.
ImJustMe123 (10-14-2013), patchouli (10-15-2013), rachmorales85 (10-14-2013), sidewalker (10-15-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 02:10 PM

Yup! I think thats why... I'm gonna have to order a criminal background check, send an appeal to Amy Miller and then resubmit paperwork. Wow! Thats gonna take forever again :S Oh well.. Thanks for the info though. It makes sense since they are sticklers I'm learning with everything!
The Following User Says Thank You to rachmorales85 For This Useful Post:
pj663 (10-15-2013)
Old 10-14-2013, 02:59 PM
lovin him always

I was denied to for Kvsp n I only have 2 DUIs n on summary probation I have sent a copy of my terms n conditions but still denied
Old 10-15-2013, 05:55 AM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

what was the reason for denial? maybe i can help.
sidewalker (10-15-2013)
Old 10-15-2013, 04:42 PM
lovin him always

If i can remember it said crimes omitted .Or it might b because the DUIs r under my a different last name
Old 11-21-2013, 07:24 AM

Default Found out what happened.

I found out that it was due to a unpaid ticket that New Mexico had on me. It was for no registration from 2 years ago. Noone from NM ever called, sent me anything, wrote me at all about it and now they have a bench warrant out for me.

But, with the baby coming in one more month I just cant afford to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ollienkcc View Post
If i can remember it said crimes omitted .Or it might b because the DUIs r under my a different last name
Old 11-25-2013, 08:10 PM
Til death do us part! <3

Calipatria is bull****. Ext 6002 he shud b able to tell u y bt they usually don't like to tell u ovr the phone.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Miss my KiNg

They should of mailed you a denial letter, once I got denied at LACk trying to see my brother in law for not putting the correct year of my misdemeanor from 16 years ago while I was approved to see my hubby at CMC. I hac to appeal it and send court records to get approved. How its something minor and can be fixed easily.

Old 11-27-2013, 07:43 PM

My sister was denied because she scratched a mistake out and wrote the correct information... they don't want any mistakes I guess, but I was denied, without ever being given a reason so I reapplied again and was excepted... I would say apply again!!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:33 AM

I was denied once. They said I lied on my application. I put that exact information. and was accepted. I did have to put my application for a visit in 3 times though. My suggestion keep trying!

Old 12-17-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachmorales85 View Post
I found out that it was due to a unpaid ticket that New Mexico had on me. It was for no registration from 2 years ago. Noone from NM ever called, sent me anything, wrote me at all about it and now they have a bench warrant out for me.

But, with the baby coming in one more month I just cant afford to pay for it.
how did you find out about the warrant?

Old 01-15-2014, 09:54 PM

Default Denied vistation. How do I appeal?

Hi.. My boyfriend is in DVI tracy prison and today i got a letter from him saying i got denied on the visitation it says i have to appeal i dont know what to do all dizz is new for me can anybody help me in what to do plz!!!!
Old 01-15-2014, 10:02 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,621 Times in 16,901 Posts

You'll need to write to the Warden and request a reconsideration of the denial and permission to visit. First, you need to know why you were denied so you can address that issue specifically in your letter.

Welcome to PTO...I hope you are granted permission to see your LO!!

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 01-16-2014, 01:22 AM
Account Closed

If I were you I would call and ask to speak to the Visiting Lt./or Sgt, ask the status of your visiting application and then if you've been denied they'll tell you either the reason why or that a letter had been sent to you advising you of such and why the denial was made. It should also tell you what the process is you should take to appeal the decision or it could be as simple as maybe needing to provide additional information.

I've had to do this before and luckily the Lt I spoke to was very helpful. I just had to provide additional info and got cleared to visit. Hope this helps and best of luck to you.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:38 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,091 Times in 16,021 Posts

I always thought they sent YOU the letter saying why you were denied.
Maybe its on it way (the letter explaining why)
Hopefully you can get this resolved, and get visits

That's my dog's nose art

Old 01-16-2014, 11:17 AM
Account Closed

Sidewalker is right. I still have a visiting form and it says if you're denied YOU'LL be notified. If you're approved he's notified and it's his responsibility to let you know you've been approved so that you can schedule your visit.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:11 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Cruz93,

Your love one's denial letter will only state that you were denied but not the reason why. You should receive a letter stating why you were denied and how you can appeal the decesion. CDCR will deny you for little things, Not filling out the form in it's entirety, the name not matching the address, unpaid traffic tickets, just to name a few. If you have traffic tickets you must pay them or make payment arrangments to do so. If you have past arrests you must include when filling out the application if not they will deny you. If you dont receive the letter call the visiting dept and speak with the LT of visiting. I hope this helps.
sidewalker (01-16-2014)
Old 01-28-2014, 10:06 PM

Post "Visitor disapproval" C.C.R. TITLE 15, section 3172.1 and section 3176.3??

I've got a friend who was denied to visit her friend in Lancaster, reason being C.C.R. TITLE 15, section 3172.1 and section 3176.3 then the letter of disapproval goes on to say the "specific" reason is 3172.1 (b)(6)(a) and says she has "omitted": TMTL Seriously man does anybody know what this means? What does she have to do to get approved? How is she supposed to know what it is that she omitted?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:43 AM

Have her call the California Department of Justice (800.952.5225); she will be directed through a recorded phone tree and needs to find the option leading to criminal history checks, a technician will answer the line. She has to request a "Record Review Packet," which will give her insight to anything that may be on her record that she omitted. There is a $25 fee and the packet will be mailed out to her.

After she receives the packet, if there is nothing that stands out that wasn't already disclosed, then she can submit a copy of the report in a letter to the Warden and ask for her application for visitation to be reviewed again.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LauraAldin For This Useful Post:
FLYNN33 (01-31-2014), shenson (01-29-2014)