Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 07-29-2015, 09:09 AM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

The county facilities is diffrent. You don't have to fill out a 106 form to get approved to visit. Their not going to run a background check for a 15 minute to 1 hour visit. The state facilities is different. Again put call the courts and get on the calendar. That will automatically recall your bench warrant. Set a date on matters for further consideration. You'll get a abstract and the DMV will lift your hold. Submit a copy of the minutes with your dmv printout. You should be ok.
sidewalker (10-06-2015)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
The county facilities is diffrent. You don't have to fill out a 106 form to get approved to visit. Their not going to run a background check for a 15 minute to 1 hour visit. The state facilities is different. Again put call the courts and get on the calendar. That will automatically recall your bench warrant. Set a date on matters for further consideration. You'll get a abstract and the DMV will lift your hold. Submit a copy of the minutes with your dmv printout. You should be ok.
thank you so much. i havent seen my man or heard his voice 2 months
Old 07-30-2015, 09:15 PM
It's Not Funny Anymore

Actually, Riverside County does run your name when in a visit, they will pull you out if you have a warrant or wait until the end of the visit , then snag you. It's not to say they do it all the time and it depends on who is working and how bored they are. Even now when you call to make an appt they will let you come check in then get you. Been around when that has happened and even had them question me before a visit about my background, I always tell them you got it right there so why you asking? Just saying this County has been known to do that.

~ Enough is Enough~

Old 07-30-2015, 11:46 PM

Thanked 2,035 Times in 990 Posts

The first time we did the visitation forms my license was suspended and the DMV conveniently had never notified me in regards to it, so I got to find out by getting the denial letter. Go figure out why your license is suspended and take care of it, the moment you do, as long as nothing else is going on (priors that would indicate you cannot visit those incarcerated, warrants, etc.), you will most likely be approved. It was easy I set my information back in with a DMV record that I had it fixed and they told him I was approved after a few weeks. Goodluck!
HisSoul (04-20-2016)
Old 08-06-2015, 01:56 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky951 View Post
Actually, Riverside County does run your name when in a visit, they will pull you out if you have a warrant or wait until the end of the visit , then snag you. It's not to say they do it all the time and it depends on who is working and how bored they are. Even now when you call to make an appt they will let you come check in then get you. Been around when that has happened and even had them question me before a visit about my background, I always tell them you got it right there so why you asking? Just saying this County has been known to do that.

Interesting I didn't know that. the last time I visited was in 2005 so it has been a while. That's good to know. I figured because it's a county and not a state facility the possibilities of that happening is second to none. They may have had a reason to suspect that person just to randomly check for warrants or prior arrest.
HisSoul (04-20-2016), sidewalker (10-06-2015)
Old 08-20-2015, 11:48 AM

Hi All, new to the forum.
My boyfriend was recently transferred back to CA from Mississippi.
He is currently at California City Correctional Facility.
At any rate, I too have a suspended license from a recent DUI.
When I filled out the visitor's form, for proof of identification I listed I.D. not Driver's License. I was approved.

Denial might have been based on the fact that you listed a Driver's License, or it may be that there is indeed a warrant. Either way, hope this little bit of info helps anyone!
Old 08-29-2015, 10:28 PM

Default Visiting Disapproval HELP

I was denied because it said I falsified 12a which is have you ever been convicted arrested yadda yadda yadda and I put no. But they are saying I lied! I've never been arrested in my life. Please help

Last edited by Lovinalifer; 08-29-2015 at 10:41 PM..
Old 08-30-2015, 02:29 AM

you can appeal it. you might have to go as far as showing proof.
Old 08-30-2015, 03:08 PM
Always Remembered
Donation Award 

Thanked 30,843 Times in 11,079 Posts

Ask for the particulars of the violation. Then go to the listed jurisdiction and get a notarized statement of non-arrest and non-conviction.
Old 08-30-2015, 08:04 PM

So calling the prison will do me no good??
Old 08-30-2015, 11:30 PM
Always Remembered
Donation Award 

Thanked 30,843 Times in 11,079 Posts

You can appeal to the Warden, you can call the prison for the info, but if it keeps coming up that you've been arrested then you have to get the proof that the institution they say arrested you specifically says no, it didn't.
Old 08-31-2015, 07:59 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,091 Times in 16,021 Posts

whats that thing called? Is it livescan or lifescan?
I recall folks telling me before they got one that would show any record you may have (or not have in this case)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 08-31-2015, 09:48 AM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Lovinalifer,

Fill out a new visiting form. You didnt falisified anything however if you dont list your past convictions which can include and not limited to traffic tickets, Faliure to appear in court, outstanding warrants then you will be denied. Fill out a new form. Complete the visiting form in it's entirety. Do not leave anything blank. If you have any tickets that have been unpaid then you have to pay them or at least appear in court, get a abstract to have the hold on your license lifted etc. If you have any past convictions you have to list them if you are on summary or a formal probation you have to list them and then send them your minutes from the courts. If you need any assistance I will be glad to walk you through it. It's a pain in the butt to get approved in the cdcr but it can be done. I hope this helps.
Old 08-31-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj663 View Post
Lovinalifer,

Fill out a new visiting form. You didnt falisified anything however if you dont list your past convictions which can include and not limited to traffic tickets, Faliure to appear in court, outstanding warrants then you will be denied. Fill out a new form. Complete the visiting form in it's entirety. Do not leave anything blank. If you have any tickets that have been unpaid then you have to pay them or at least appear in court, get a abstract to have the hold on your license lifted etc. If you have any past convictions you have to list them if you are on summary or a formal probation you have to list them and then send them your minutes from the courts. If you need any assistance I will be glad to walk you through it. It's a pain in the butt to get approved in the cdcr but it can be done. I hope this helps.

Thank you. So I haven't got a traffic ticket since 2011! And I did traffic school so I know it got paid off. I called the county I live in and they said that they only have me as a visitor in their system but they have someone with my sme name different DOB. Could that be it? Is there a way to verify with the prison what exactly it is? It says on my paper because I lied I can't apply to visit again till FEBRUARY. Yikes
Old 08-31-2015, 12:03 PM

Ok so now I called the courts here and they said I have a hold on my license from a ticket in 2012 that I don't even remember. I'm guessing that's a why!!?? They said as soon as I make the first payment they will lift the hold. Will I have to wait till then? Should I still call and make sure this is the reason? Sorry I know it's a lot of questions.
Old 08-31-2015, 04:40 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

I'm sure that's the reason. Keep in mind that the cdcr do a criminal background check including a DMV check for oustanding tickets/FTA and FTP. Get on the calendar at the courts. Make payment arrangments, they will give you a abstract for about $7.00-$10.00 take that abstract to the dmv and they will lift your license. Attach your documents to your new visiting form and re-submit it.
Old 08-31-2015, 08:50 PM

Pj663 thank you so much.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovinalifer For This Useful Post:
pj663 (09-01-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 12:04 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

No problem!
Old 10-02-2015, 01:30 PM

I have a suspended license for a unpaid ticket, I don't have the money to pay it right now.. I di y even drive, so you think if I check id I would get approved as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLSmoothe View Post
Hi All, new to the forum.
My boyfriend was recently transferred back to CA from Mississippi.
He is currently at California City Correctional Facility.
At any rate, I too have a suspended license from a recent DUI.
When I filled out the visitor's form, for proof of identification I listed I.D. not Driver's License. I was approved.

Denial might have been based on the fact that you listed a Driver's License, or it may be that there is indeed a warrant. Either way, hope this little bit of info helps anyone!
Old 02-18-2016, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnarchyHeart View Post
Yes. I should've been more specific with my answer. The problem with unpaid tickets and suspended drivers license isn't always because you don't have one. But because you have pretty much a bench warrant. You signed for a ticket and didn't pay. Failure to comply. They are looking for any reason you don't follow the rules. Or they are just looking for any reason to deny. Sometimes it doesn't always make sense but it's the rules. Anything in the past they will probably find. Once you get it taken care of save all the paperwork and send it in.
Okay so I paid my tickets finally... do I have to wait to get my license to send the visiting form back in? Or can I send It now since I have no more unpaid tickrts...I know this was soo long ago already... but I'm curious.... I am going to get license back but I want to hurry up and get approved it's going to be a year already in march and I am very anxious lol
Old 02-18-2016, 06:08 AM

Thanked 1,722 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki084 View Post
Okay so I paid my tickets finally... do I have to wait to get my license to send the visiting form back in? Or can I send It now since I have no more unpaid tickrts...I know this was soo long ago already... but I'm curious.... I am going to get license back but I want to hurry up and get approved it's going to be a year already in march and I am very anxious lol
They will, I believe, still need a license number or ID number. Look at the original denial, did it give you steps to follow regarding what to send and where? Someone here may have more specifics if you don't. But you can send in, with something like a new visitor form or the original denial, all your paperwork stating what was paid and a letter from the court that it has been completed to satisfaction. A satisfaction letter? I think it's actually called. Will it take you much longer to get the ID card or license? Which you will need to provide anyways for a visit? You have all they needed to clear it up. But even taking the extra day or two to get the ID card may save you more time in the long run. But I don't know that for sure. Just would hate to tell you to send it in with your DL number if anything prevents you from getting same number or any other minor detail. And good job! Whatever incentive you needed to get it done, it needed to be done anyways.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:02 PM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki084 View Post
I don't know what a California driver's license number looks like... but in Oregon I have had my number since I was a teen and first got my license. If you know the number (or letters & numbers, if they are like that) then you can write that on the visitors form.

As long as you went to DMV and went and paid your reinstatement fee you should be good!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Old 02-18-2016, 09:25 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Resubmit your visiting form, a copy of the disapproval letter with the reason for being denied. Since your tickets is paid the dmv will have confirmation from the courts that it's paid. It's 55.00 for your license renewal plus they will give you a temporary license. Make a copy of that and attach to the visiting form. Submit it and they will approve u. If you have a state Id use that in the mean time for visiting.
HisSoul (04-20-2016)
Old 02-18-2016, 10:04 PM

Thank yoy ladies... what if I don't have my denial paper? �� I didn't think I had to save it... I might have it somewhere... but if I can't find it what do I do?
Old 02-18-2016, 11:44 PM

False alarm... I went thru all my letters and found my denial letter... I take my test go my license next week... I way excited I miss him sooo much....
AnarchyHeart (02-19-2016)