Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:21 AM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikki084 View Post
False alarm... I went thru all my letters and found my denial letter... I take my test go my license next week... I way excited I miss him sooo much....
I bet! It's been since October for me since my car accident... so should be able to drive in the next couple weeks and since its a 12 hour drive I believe my son will ride/drive with me. That way my sweetie and my son don't need to worry so much if i can drive that far so soon after being able to drive.

I understand it's hard to be patient, and I am really glad you found your denial letter and have made arrangements to do your test! Best wishes!
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2016, 11:44 AM

Thank you! Visiting will definitely make this time go by faster☺
Old 02-24-2016, 06:37 PM

Okay so I paid all my fines... took my test passed ☺ there was something I overlooked on my denial... I don't have it in from of me so I might not say it right... it said something about something needs to be omitted? I put on the form that I was arrested for a dui.. and It was dismissed and dropped to coasting.... I had been sited and realeased also for failure to appear... with my dui lawyer but I wasn't put in cuffs I just got a ticket to appear in court... am I suppose to treat that like an arrest? How do I find out dates and stuff for all this I don't want to get denied again... is there a website? This is public record right?
Old 03-01-2016, 09:37 PM

Thanked 1,722 Times in 908 Posts

You can get your own records, if not do you know at least month and year? I put everything down. Even an arrest I had in the 90s that was dismissed completely. They I guess, don't want the feeling you're leaving anything out? Any arrest especially, even if dropped and in your case never taken in, they seem to be able to see everything and want to know everything about it. So I always say if there is any question, it's better to add it and state dropped or dismissed or whatever it is, than to have them see it and they won't assume anything I guess is what it is.
Sometimes I think they are being just nit picky and thorough. And sometimes I think they just want any reason to deny and hope the person gives up. Whatever the reason, they do make us jump through hoops at times.
Old 03-01-2016, 10:25 PM

I went to my local police dept to get dates and years thank you... I hope I did everything right... now I anxiously wait lol 😊
AnarchyHeart (03-02-2016)
Old 03-02-2016, 05:25 AM

Thanked 1,722 Times in 908 Posts

Quote:
I went to my local police dept to get dates and years thank you... I hope I did everything right... now I anxiously wait lol 😊
Sounds good! I remember thinking and writing let's see. In approx 1992 I was arrested for... Charges dropped. Etc. thankfully they say except traffic tickets. Not that I had that many but I'd be like well let's see...
I just know they can do what they want and sometimes depending on who you visit. My mother in law was arrested in 1968. Drug charges long ago. That was it. I think there were lots of people with basic drug charges in the 60s. Since then she's even been working in the local public field. Something like secretary to the city's something or other. Don't tell me that didn't need clearance of some sort. She did that work 20 plus years to retirement. They still make her do a special wardens clearance. That makes no sense to me. But that's the point. They make us work for our rights. But if we stop trying, they win.
Hoping you got it ! And can visit soon.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:46 AM

Default Use a passport

Quote:
i got a disaproval letter from the prison friday because my licesne is suspended due to unpaid tickets. Is there any way around this or do I have to wait till I am done paying my tickets and get my licence back.

I used my passport as ID, it is legal. They cannot discriminate because you don't drive, but the tickets could be an issue, that I have no idea about. I didn't even take a license in, just my passport. It might be cheaper than getting all those tickets paid at once. Good luck, we all know here how hard it is to have a LO incarcerated and all that entails.
Old 03-04-2016, 02:17 PM
5'3 High And Rising
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,642 Times in 2,921 Posts

It's not about the I.D. When it comes to being approved to visit a state facility they will look at your background from past arrest down to unpaid tickets. Having unpaid tickets can result in a bench warrant for failure to appear in court. Any unresolved issues through the courts especially with unpaid tickets will result in being denied.

A valid passport ID, State Id or driver's license is accepted as proof identification however the approval process to visit they will go through the DMV records to see if it is suspended they will go through the courts to see if you have any pending cases to FTA etc.
sidewalker (03-05-2016)
Old 03-05-2016, 03:14 PM

I resent my visiting form last Friday... now patiently waiting till I can see my love ��❤
Old 03-11-2016, 10:17 PM

Default Need help with getting visiting form/Applying After Denial

Please help!! I filled out a visiting form to visit my husband in prison 3years ago. I answered all questions but wasn't sure of arrest dates etc. I called my local court house and they told me to come in and I could get a. Copy of my arrest record. So when I got there they said I could only get misdemeanors for the last ten years because they didn't keep them past that but I could get all felony's. So I got the print out of all my arrest that tells charges ,dates,punishment etc. I sent it in with my visiting form and it came back denied. The reasons are this 1. Wanted to know the outcome of something that happened a certain yr. 2. Department of Justice says I EFT info out. OK now my problem is this for#1 I have no idea what they are talking about unless it was once I was stopped and charge with having 10 bucks worth of weed on me.. The cop told me to call a number once a week to see if I was being charged or not. I did that s
And nothing ever came up. I have no warrents , and no idea what info the department of Justice thinks I left out. Somebody said it's be sure I didn't include a copy of a DMV print out. Does anyone know if you are suppose to include that with the copy of my arrest record. Also I was told that if I have a felony Iam suppose to write a letter to the wardon requesting permission to visit? Anyone know if that is true? The denial letter said I could app!yagain in 3 yrs. It's almost been 4 & our anniversary is coming up and I would love to see my husband. I haven't seen him since the day we got married.i
Old 03-14-2016, 09:04 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,091 Times in 16,021 Posts

Im not sure what EFT is either. I hope someone who knows can explain.
I'd get another print out, and the copy of your denial letter (if you have it) and
then write a letter to the warden, cross your fingers and hope for the best.
Hopefully someone can come along and better answer. Hope you get to visit your hubby.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
miamac (03-14-2016)
Old 03-14-2016, 12:07 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,484 Times in 8,273 Posts

Are you saying you left info out?

I've learned there's no such thing as sending in too much paperwork. Yes, write a letter to the warden. Yes, include your denial and your arrest record. Explain that you were told you can only get records for the last ten years. Even better, find a statement from the courthouse that says records are only available for ten years online and print it out. For every incident, write a brief, and I mean one sentence, explanation of the outcome (I was arrested for XXX on May 2, 2001, I went to court on June 1, 2001, the charges were dropped).

On the weed incident, I've never heard of calling a hotline to see if you've been charged, but I've not heard of a lot of things. You need to explain that; include the number and the name of the hotline (don't know it? find out) and include that as one of your explanations.

Last edited by miamac; 03-15-2016 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: typo
The Following User Says Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (03-15-2016)
Old 06-30-2016, 05:35 PM

Question Plz help ,what can I do if I got denied on my visitation?

So i just received a letter that i got denied to visit my bf soon to b hubby ,on the letter i received it says because no valid id ...my id is valid ive never been in trouble with the law no tickets no courts whats so ever ,so what can i do ?
Old 06-30-2016, 05:37 PM

Call the facility and find out what's going on. You might have to just send them proof that your id is valid, but I would call and speak with someone at the facility.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:38 PM

Ok thank you
Old 06-30-2016, 06:30 PM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,484 Times in 8,273 Posts

Which facility are you applying to?

I ask because our members sometimes know the secret knock to getting through to visitation or the right CO to help clear up a situation with the least amount of stress.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:10 PM

Thanked 4,059 Times in 1,261 Posts

The first thing that occurred to me is that you might have written the ID# down wrong. If you call the facility they should be able to tell you what # they have. If it's different, you'll probably have to fill out another application. I'm only guessing here but we learned to be super careful when filling out applications. On the first one, my husband forgot to write in his DL# and he had to submit another one. Hope you get it straightened out soon!
Old 07-01-2016, 11:38 AM

My bf is at wasco and thanks ill call
The Following User Says Thank You to Mrscuza For This Useful Post:
miamac (07-01-2016)
Old 07-01-2016, 09:56 PM

I agree either they typed it in wrong or you might have written it wrong. That's not a big deal. If anything you can reapply. It's not as though you were denied for a "big" reason.
Old 07-01-2016, 11:17 PM

Thanks everyone
Old 07-02-2016, 06:46 AM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

Does the address on the license match your residence? If not, then some agencies will view that as an invalid ID. Additionally, is the car insurance current? Again, some States link that to validity of driver's license.
Old 07-24-2016, 08:15 PM
Dedicated To My Husband!

Default Denied visiting after record expunged. Please HELP

I am desperate!

I was convicted of a felony in 2014

On June 22nd 2016 I was released from probation, record expunged.
The day of my judgement I sent in all paper work requested.

Minute order.
Expungement order.
Form from my arrest from CDCR stating my suspension was 24 months.
Letter to Warden and Visiting SGT.
Visiting Request Form.

I was told the following.

I was denied based on I had a felony conviction in the last 3 years. Even though this was expunged. First offense, no violations, all fines paid. My re-apply date was Jan 27, 2016 - re-applied June 22nd, 2016

Has anyone faced the above and re-applied, gotten denied or told the reason of felony in the last 3 years? I haven't seen my husband in years. I thought I done everything right.

Any info HELPS.

Thank you Ladies!

Old 07-25-2016, 06:02 AM

Thanked 11,109 Times in 6,008 Posts

An expunction does not change the fact that there WAS a conviction. It essentially just seals the record. It would be different if you were being denied after being pardoned on the offense.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:42 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,091 Times in 16,021 Posts

So its sort of confusing.
I wonder if you would be able to speak to someone about it.
The letter says 24 months to reapply yet the denial letter says felony in the last 3 yrs.
(yeah, even tho expunged)
I'd guess the only other thing would be to wait until next yr when its over 3 yrs??

Im sorry this happened.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 11-18-2016, 06:30 PM

Default Inmate visitation application Denied. What am I supposed to do from here?

My boyfriend is currently at Susanville after leaving reception in Delano. I sent in a visiting form back in late August. I still have heard nothing back in regards to whether I was approved or denied via the mail, which I assumed was a good thing and thought it meant I had been accepted. Today my boyfriend spoke with his counselor who told him I had been denied but wouldn't give him the reason. What am I supposed to do from here? I tried calling the prison and all they said was to call back on Monday. Anyone else deal with a similar situation?