Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > CDCR - What You Need to Know > California Prison Visitation - General Q&A
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Prison Visitation - General Q&A This forum is for general, nonspecific questions & discussions related to visitation in California facilities. If you have a question about or want to discuss visitation in a specific facility, please visit that facility's subforum in the California forum.

Old 11-18-2016, 06:36 PM

Sorry, no. I sent mine in to Susanville HDSP and was approved within a week. Is he at HDSP or the other one? HDSP never returns calls!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2016, 08:29 PM

Don't panic Cali will deny you for being on summary probation, for a traffic ticket. It is easy to fix if it is something like that, just get a letter stating its ok to visit. No biggie, but just call they will tell you what the issue is.
The Following User Says Thank You to LM's Tink For This Useful Post:
H!S FAV0R!T3 (11-20-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 03:06 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,086 Posts

Hello and welcome to Prison Talk -- glad you found us! Sorry you are going through this right now - if I were in your shoes I would just try and relax for the weekend...and do as the prison suggested you do: call back Monday in order to get clarification.

Good luck & keep us posted!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
H!S FAV0R!T3 (11-20-2016), sidewalker (11-19-2016)
Old 11-19-2016, 08:07 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,091 Times in 16,021 Posts

When my son turned 18 we applied for him to visit.
they claim they never got the application, so we had to do it over.
We were both pretty pissed off as we had planned a visit and he was not allowed to go
We resubmitted another application and it was approved so we had to go down there again a few months later

That's my dog's nose art

The Following User Says Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM's Tink View Post
Don't panic Cali will deny you for being on summary probation, for a traffic ticket. It is easy to fix if it is something like that, just get a letter stating its ok to visit. No biggie, but just call they will tell you what the issue is.
I just got off of summary probation back in September but upon completion of probation, my charges were dismissed for that case. I was hoping they wouldn't make an issue out of it but I'm thinking they will most likely just want to see the paperwork to prove it. Do you know if D.A rejects are something they take into consideration when making their decision?
Old 11-20-2016, 05:38 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,758 Times in 4,887 Posts

Hi I was also initially denied for visiting in California. I found out it was because I am overseas and they couldnt run a background check.I sent them what they needed and i was approved.
If you find out why you denied and send in what they need to reconsider I am sure you will be fine.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2016, 07:11 AM

Also, does anyone know if juvenile charges (my juvenile record is sealed) are supposed to be mentioned on the visiting form? Do they take D.A rejects into consideration as well as convictions??
Old 11-20-2016, 07:36 AM
Donation Award 

Put everything (except traffic tickets) on the application.
At least I would.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 11-20-2016, 11:34 AM
Site Moderator

Thanked 23,485 Times in 8,274 Posts

It hasn't been mentioned here, but when your application is submitted (the first time), the inmate will be the one who receives notification of your approval and not you as the applicant. The reason for denial isn't typically released to the inmate because discussing your legal matters with them would be a violation of privacy. Sounds like the letter you should have received was not sent.

You need to find out the reason for denial before you can appeal it. Calling back and speaking with the visiting sergeant is the correct next step to take.

Best of luck!

Last edited by miamac; 11-20-2016 at 07:27 PM.. Reason: error
Old 11-26-2016, 11:52 AM

When I called on Tuesday they were anything but helpful. They told me they weren't able to release any information over the phone. They weren't able to tell me if they ever received my visiting form, if I was approved or denied and the reason why, if they had sent me a reason for my denial (if that was the case) in the mail that I just hadn't received yet, and they wouldn't even tell me what steps I should take next to be able to visit my man. All they told me was that I needed to ask the inmate I'm trying to visit to find out the status of my application. I tried explaining my situation but the guy on the phone didn't care to hear it. The visiting dept. person is only there on tuesdays and thursdays. I tried calling again on thursday, but they told me the exact same thing. Should I just send in another visiting form?
Old 11-26-2016, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamac View Post
It hasn't been mentioned here, but when your application is submitted (the first time), the inmate will be the one who receives notification of your approval and not you as the applicant. The reason for denial isn't typically released to the inmate because discussing your legal matters with them would be a violation of privacy. Sounds like the letter you should have received was not sent.

You need to find out the reason for denial before you can appeal it. Calling back and speaking with the visiting sergeant is the correct next step to take.

Best of luck!
The visiting sergeant told me that he won't be able to answer any questions I have over the phone regarding visiting forms because it is a violation of privacy.. both for the inmate and the visitor.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:14 AM

If you are denied they will notify you by mail with the reason why.
If you are approved they will notify the prisoner and its his responsibilty to notify you.

Resubmit an application.they have to notify you of denial by mail. Are they saying youre denied or just jerking you around?
Most level 4 houses have an unwritten policy to be difficult to visitors and any outside help.
Just another pleasantry they provide free of cost

Last edited by MrsScoops; 11-27-2016 at 12:17 AM..
Old 12-02-2016, 01:26 PM

Default 2 felonies for welfare fraud, denied visits. What can I do?

Hello everyone maybe someone could answer me this or could help me out back in 2011 i got convicted felony welfer fraud. Were i was sent to house arrests for 28 days and i completely it and then back in may of 2016 the same mistake was done with my paper work agina in the walfer system and was convicted again for the something so i have 2 felony on welfare fraud and did 16 days of house arrests the thing s i cant go see my brother and my husband due because of that i talk to my probation and i was told they dont give out letters any more that i could go visit but s up the prison to approve me and the thing that my mother could go in but do to her health condition she can go in I take care of her so what I'm trying to say if all the letters of her Dr and if I show proof that I completed my house arrest and pay my fine back and I fingerprint send a letter out to the Warren will there be a chance that I might get approved
Old 12-02-2016, 02:15 PM
Site Moderator

There's always a chance. File an appeal with your documentation.
Old 12-02-2016, 08:11 PM

That s what iam goin to do send my fingers print and letters that iam my mother caregiver and a write a letter wish me luck my po told me that there s no problem for her of me goin s up to the w warendto say ye or no
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Victoria868 For This Useful Post:
miamac (12-02-2016), Sarianna (12-03-2016)
Old 12-03-2016, 04:29 AM
Embrace Your Wild ⭐️
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,819 Times in 2,086 Posts

Good luck Victoria, keep us posted on how it goes!

Old 12-06-2016, 03:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsScoops View Post
If you are denied they will notify you by mail with the reason why.
If you are approved they will notify the prisoner and its his responsibilty to notify you.

Resubmit an application.they have to notify you of denial by mail. Are they saying youre denied or just jerking you around?
Most level 4 houses have an unwritten policy to be difficult to visitors and any outside help.
Just another pleasantry they provide free of cost
I never received any letter in the mail and I sent in my visiting form almost 3 months ago. My boyfriends's counselor told him that I was denied but not the reason why. When I call they will not release any information over the phone and tell me to wait it out. I guess I'm just going to send in another visiting form and see what happens.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:13 AM

Default What would cause a denial for visits?

Hello,

My husband is currently at DVI in reception does anyone know what would cause a denial on visits? I have a felony from about 10 years ago never went to jail or prison completed my sentence on a ankle monitor and was released from probation 2 years early. My felony is non drug no n violent embezzlement was my charge. any help would be appreciated. Should I write a letter when I return my visit form or wait to send a letter if I'm denied? He says just send the visit form and see what happens. I have never been in trouble except for my one charge not even a driving ticket.
Old 12-23-2016, 11:28 AM
Site Moderator

They can deny based on the direction of the wind blowing that day.

I'm joking, but they do have a pretty broad base for denial reasons. If I were you, I would fill out the form honestly, include copies of any sentencing paperwork or discharge papers and a brief letter stating the circumstances.

You could send it in without those things and see if you're approved, but if you're denied your next step would be to send those with an appeal.

Best of luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-24-2016), sidewalker (12-24-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 12:37 AM

I GOT APPROVED! YAY! Now time to start planning the nine hour trip to Chamberlain Creek Conservation Camp
The Following User Says Thank You to H!S FAV0R!T3 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (12-31-2016)
Old 12-31-2016, 07:22 AM

Congrats and have fun.
Old 05-26-2017, 05:44 AM
Together ❤ Forever

Default Approved but Yet Denied!?

So I was so excited last Friday my man calls me to tell me I've been approved! YAY! Well then his mom and sister went to visit him last Saturday and Sunday. And they both were asked if either one of them were me? And they said No. But "why"! And they were told because I have been restrained from any contact with him. Per Court Order. Now I know for a fact I didn't file No Restraining Order against him at all. CPS did tell me to, but I didn't. So the only thing I can think of is the DA filed it on my behalf.??? This really sucks!
Old 05-26-2017, 07:24 AM
Donation Award 

Hey, I gave you your own thread for this issue.

Weird that first off, they asked....they are supposed to check id's.
Regardless......
Im not sure how to find out who got the restraining order, but you are going to have to get that cleared up before you are going to be able to visit.
If you were his victim it may not be possible for you to visit.

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (05-30-2017), LuvBugBlacky (05-30-2017), miamac (05-26-2017)
Old 05-26-2017, 08:41 AM
Site Moderator

That's some sloppy CO work to discuss your private information with other people. I'm sorry that happened. But...

Depending on his charges and as sidewalker said, if you were considered a victim of his crimes, non-contact can be a condition of his sentencing. You wouldn't need to have initiated it. Call visiting and ask them and be prepared to follow up with the DAs office if need be.

Best of luck.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to miamac For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (05-30-2017), LuvBugBlacky (05-30-2017), nancyginnm (05-26-2017)
Old 05-30-2017, 06:40 AM
Together ❤ Forever

I think at this point, I'm just gonna let it be. Like I told my man.... Things Happen For A Reason!And only God knows why. So let's not make this a big issue and take it as it comes... Keep Pushing Forward! Look... It could of been worse. I could of went out that way 10 hour drive one way... And then find out there about all this. I would on been Pissed and not to mention Heartbroken! He's already in FireCamp, has a job working as a cook. Couldn't be better I think. He'll be out in no time. I gotta keep my spirits up as much as I can and this time will fly!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LuvBugBlacky For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (05-30-2017), miamac (05-30-2017), sidewalker (05-30-2017)