Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-22-2014, 11:56 AM

Default Obtaining a Marriage License!

Hello Everyone!
Does anyone know what county I can get a marriage license in, in Kentucky, where he doesn't have to be present?! I know there are a lot of other posts about this, but most of them were old, and the info wasn't correct anymore! I live in Jefferson County and I know they won't give me one because I spoke to the clerk this morning!
Thanks so much in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,209 Times in 3,087 Posts

Have you tried the county where he is incarcerated?

I do know, from reading their newspaper, that Boyle County allows them once or twice a year for ceremonies at Northpoint. Or at least they did a few years ago. Since you have to get approval from the warden and or chaplain first, why not ask the chaplain?
Old 04-09-2015, 06:11 PM

Default marriage license

trying to get marriage license. in ky. did you find a county that would allow one to get a license without both parties present? ?????
Old 04-10-2015, 12:07 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,663 Times in 16,913 Posts

There is a specific form for obtaining a marriage license in Kentucky. The form can be picked at at your local County Clerk's Office (supposedly). I had a heck of a time getting the clerk to understand that it is THEIR form....she finally found it. I've attached it in the following thread:

Getting Married in a Kentucky Prison

Apparently the County Clerk's do have access to the form, but are not bound to accept it. According to the Clerk's "manual" it is at their discretion. Good Luck and Congratulations!!

patchouli, PTO Admin