Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California: County & City Jail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California: County & City Jail Discussions Topics & Discussions relating to County & City Jails in California.

Old 11-22-2015, 06:30 PM

Unhappy Questions about early releases/ phone calls at Pitchess (Wayside)

I'll start out by giving some information about my hubby's situation... About a month ago he was arrested on a warrant (failed to appear in court for a driving on a suspended license). He spent 2.6 days in jail before he was bailed out/ On his court date he was given the option to either pay the entire fine, or go to jail for 30 days. He was given until that Friday to decide. Since we couldn't come up with the cash, he surrendered himself and they took him away. Beforehand we had called to see about his sentence (we were under the impression most individuals that have committed nonviolent crimes only serve about 10% or so of their sentence) and the operator said that he would be out no later than the following Monday. Upon calling to check up on his release Saturday, I was informed that they were simply going to "book and release" him, and that he would be out soon (he was processing and getting ready to leave). However, upon calling a few hours later, we were then told that he had been moved (from MCJ) to Wayside NCCF, and then his projected release date was not until the 26th (next Thursday). This makes no sense to me, as he had already served close to 3 days upon his first arrest, and I'm honestly so sad and confused as to why they moved him and decided to keep him longer... Is there any way he might be released BEFORE his projected date? What time are inmates usually released from this facility? I'm trying to make arrangements as he literally has NONE of his belongings, no phone, car, money, etc, and will quite literally be stranded if I don't go get him...

ADDITIONALLY, how soon after being booked at Wayside can an inmate make a phone call? I haven't heard anything from him yet and I'm worried sick... Upon looking him up online the information regarding his arrest and current facility had not even been updated, it just showed his most recent court date, still listed as his "next" court date even though it has passed. Could he still be processing? Is there any other reason that he may not be able to call me due to how recent his booking is? Our family is currently having a crisis and I desperately need to get ahold of him to inform him. I would write a letter, but from what I understand he won't receive it before he's released...

And lastly, I did not set up a prepaid account on my cell phone. Can I still opt to accept these calls as they come in, or will they simply not come through without a prepaid balance? I know that the last time he was arrested and being held in glendale, before he was transferred to county, I could answer the phone and just put in a CC #. Is that the case with collect calls from wayside as well? Any information is GREATLY appreciated, I'm such a mess right now over all of this...
Sponsored Links