Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in California should be posted here.

Old 04-06-2017, 01:11 PM

Exclamation Question about California parole violation sentencing - please help!

My boyfriend got a parole violation and they sent him back to prison originally he served like 18 months got out and was paroled and then got a violation he served 6 months in jail when they finally transferred him to Tracy prison where he is still in reception and waiting to find out a release date. He originally thought he was gonna get out this month and now we won't find out for at least another month. His original sentence was 3 years so if he has time served that would be the 18 months he already did plus 8 months now. Is he gonna have to serve an entire nother year? Or will they release him early like how does that work?! Also how long can they keep him in reception for before they will finally tell him something? He can't call me or anything just letters and I usually get at least one letter a week and I haven't heard from him in almost 2 weeks I'm starting to really worry and it's keeping me up all fuckin night long please someone give me some info I need some sort of peace at mind!! I wanna call the prison but I don't even know what to say.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,836 Times in 1,601 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the community.
I'm going to move this to the California forum where you'll likely get the information faster. I will leave a re-direct from this forum so that you can find it if you come back to the Prison & Criminal Legal help look for it.
Regards,
David
Old 04-09-2017, 11:04 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,129 Times in 16,041 Posts

Reception is supposed to be like 90 days. It seems that is rare.
Mine was in reception for 13 months, but that was also a rare thing.
He can put in to see his *counselor* and maybe get some answers....

I have no idea about how long he'd have to serve.
Hopefully you will get some answers from him soon.
Its hard not hearing.
Probably a waste of time to call the prison, if you are able to get someone to answer the phone or give you any info.

That's my dog's nose art