Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Employment w/a Criminal Record
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Employment w/a Criminal Record Finding post-incarceration employment can be an almost monumental task. Find tips, job offers and stories from those of us that have experienced it first hand.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:37 AM

Default Job when released?

Do you ladies ever wonder or worry or have a plan about what you guy will do for money when he's released? I tend to worry that the stresses of him not finding work will cause problems in our relationship. Sure things are fine now because we miss each other so much and talk on phone and have visits but that's not the real world. I worry if hel get hired or what he can even be hired as with his record. I don't want to sound shallow but these are real concerns of mine.
He still has some years left and he is just my boyfriend for now. Back story we have been close friends (with benefits and always liked each other but never officially together until now) for 11 years and things are going good now because I am kind of all he has and I do love him dearly but I just worry and think about the future a lot like if I'm making the right choice staying with him.

Thanks for listening and please tell me your plans or thoughts about what your man will do for work when released.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AquariusVirgo For This Useful Post:
Curt'swife8 (08-29-2017), xoxness (08-26-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2017, 03:41 AM

My man is just got to the halfway house so he is currently looking for work. I don't worry because I see him really trying to find work. He's so ready to move on from this life. Work makes things more normal. Just be there to support him in any way you can to help with the job search. There are places that hire felons.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsPiggy For This Useful Post:
AquariusVirgo (08-25-2017), xoxness (08-26-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 04:26 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,481 Times in 13,494 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. Finding a paying job after incarceration can be a challenge, and the need for income is constant. Half way houses and Probation/parole officers can help, but making his job search a priority is important too. The only way to guarantee failure is to stop trying, or not being dedicated to the task at hand.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:48 PM

I've had 3 friends recently come home after serving various sentences. 2 are working, 1 isn't. The one who isn't, hasn't put much effort into finding a job. There are quite a few places who hire felons. Even if he can't find a job right away, his drive and motivation should show you how serious he is to find one. Keep your chin up.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to His_Queen13 For This Useful Post:
AquariusVirgo (08-26-2017), bmoreicon (08-30-2017), Curt'swife8 (08-29-2017), fbopnomore (08-26-2017), Fridyrr.Likn (08-29-2017), Nickel Timer (08-28-2017), xoxness (08-26-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 03:58 PM

Mine is currently in the hwh and looking for work. He is steady looking but keeps getting turned down. He just needs to be given a chance. I feel so helpless as he gets so discouraged.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPiggy View Post
Mine is currently in the hwh and looking for work. He is steady looking but keeps getting turned down. He just needs to be given a chance. I feel so helpless as he gets so discouraged.
What kind of jobs is he looking for? I know it sucks that they are judged before being given a chance
Old 08-29-2017, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariusVirgo View Post
What kind of jobs is he looking for? I know it sucks that they are judged before being given a chance
At this point it doesn't matter he'll take anything. He wanted warehouse/janitor/construction. He just wants to work and do right. Looking at Sonic now just for work.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsPiggy For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (08-30-2017), fbopnomore (08-29-2017)
Old 08-29-2017, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariusVirgo View Post
Do you ladies ever wonder or worry or have a plan about what you guy will do for money when he's released? I tend to worry that the stresses of him not finding work will cause problems in our relationship. Sure things are fine now because we miss each other so much and talk on phone and have visits but that's not the real world. I worry if hel get hired or what he can even be hired as with his record. I don't want to sound shallow but these are real concerns of mine.
I am confident he can find "a job". I am not so confident he can find a job that will satisfy his BIG FAT EGO! It does worry me some, but I know we'll be okay. I never would have thought about owning a business had I not married my husband. Becoming entrepreneurs is pretty much our focus when he comes home. I see that as the WIN WIN for us as we try to recover from this felony conviction.
The Following User Says Thank You to Curt'swife8 For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (08-30-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt'swife8 View Post
I am confident he can find "a job". I am not so confident he can find a job that will satisfy his BIG FAT EGO! It does worry me some, but I know we'll be okay. I never would have thought about owning a business had I not married my husband. Becoming entrepreneurs is pretty much our focus when he comes home. I see that as the WIN WIN for us as we try to recover from this felony conviction.
Thats our focus as well. I've already started working on building something so when he comes home he won't have to depend on someone else to overlook his conviction!
Old 08-30-2017, 12:11 PM

Be prepared. Make sure to have resumes ready. Not that we aren't already their backbone but be prepared to be there if it takes awhile to find work. They easily get discouraged. Leave no lead unfollowed. I'm super excited to announce my baby got a job today. The happiness in his voice almost made me cry. I can only thank God for providing this opportunity.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsPiggy For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (08-30-2017), fbopnomore (08-30-2017), GaReform (08-30-2017), Lordbew/us (08-30-2017), marie8899 (09-02-2017)
Old 08-30-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPiggy View Post
Be prepared. Make sure to have resumes ready. Not that we aren't already their backbone but be prepared to be there if it takes awhile to find work. They easily get discouraged. Leave no lead unfollowed. I'm super excited to announce my baby got a job today. The happiness in his voice almost made me cry. I can only thank God for providing this opportunity.
Awwwww congratulations!!!!!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bmoreicon For This Useful Post:
Lordbew/us (08-30-2017), MsPiggy (08-30-2017)