Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-07-2017, 07:55 PM

Question Will my visit application be approved even though I am on probation?

My husband is in jail awaiting sentencing at the end of November. I am on probation until January 2019 for possession of meth (conditional discharge when I am done so it wont be on my record) and 2 misdemeanor Recklessly Endangering Another Person.

I am the only one who can bring our two babies (7 months and 2 years) to come see him.

Will I be approved or denied?

Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2017, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
My husband is in jail awaiting sentencing at the end of November. I am on probation until January 2019 for possession of meth (conditional discharge when I am done so it wont be on my record) and 2 misdemeanor Recklessly Endangering Another Person.

I am the only one who can bring our two babies (7 months and 2 years) to come see him.

Will I be approved or denied?

Thanks everyone!
Unfortunately- my understanding is you have to be off paper/probation to be approved for visits. There are a few moderators here with a lot of knowledge on Arizona state prisons that I am sure will be along shortly to validate.

Good luck and welcome to PTO!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to uRmylife For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-12-2017), xolady (11-08-2017)
Old 11-08-2017, 12:44 PM

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,743 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk! No you won't be approved if you are on any kind of parole or probation. I hope you are able to find a friend or family member to take your children to visit.
Old 11-08-2017, 01:17 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 11,802 Times in 4,914 Posts

As others have said the fact you have children won't make any difference. I hope you can find someone trustworthy to take them and I hope you are off paper soon so you can apply to visit.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-08-2017)
Old 11-12-2017, 11:03 AM
here

If you can find someone who can take the kids, you'll need a notarized letter stating that X person can bring A,B children to see Z inmate. Address it to the DOC in general, not to a specific prison or unit. That way if he's transferred it will still be valid permission. And you'll also have to make surer there is proof in the letter that you are their parent/guardian and allowed to authorize the other individual to bring them.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sylph For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-13-2017), maytayah (11-12-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,709 Times in 652 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
If you can find someone who can take the kids, you'll need a notarized letter stating that X person can bring A,B children to see Z inmate. Address it to the DOC in general, not to a specific prison or unit. That way if he's transferred it will still be valid permission. And you'll also have to make surer there is proof in the letter that you are their parent/guardian and allowed to authorize the other individual to bring them.
Also, you have to complete the application forms for the children to visit too. There is no fee, but they have to be approved and he has to put them on his list. You will need to have certified copies of their birth certificates as part of that application process. The person who takes the children to visit should bring your power of attorney/authorization to take the children to visit and their birth certificates.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
Also, you have to complete the application forms for the children to visit too. There is no fee, but they have to be approved and he has to put them on his list. You will need to have certified copies of their birth certificates as part of that application process. The person who takes the children to visit should bring your power of attorney/authorization to take the children to visit and their birth certificates.
Ugh i wish but i am literally the only one who can bring the babies. My brother in law is in Mohave. My mother in law is not close enough to be able to drive and handle both kids alone. My parents are dead and we have no friends especially ones i would trust with such precious cargo. I am just gonna have to wait till may

Another question though.... If i apply for visits and calls and get denied for visits am i denied for calls too?
Old 11-20-2017, 09:14 AM

Thanked 3,996 Times in 1,743 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama_pig View Post
Ugh i wish but i am literally the only one who can bring the babies. My brother in law is in Mohave. My mother in law is not close enough to be able to drive and handle both kids alone. My parents are dead and we have no friends especially ones i would trust with such precious cargo. I am just gonna have to wait till may

Another question though.... If i apply for visits and calls and get denied for visits am i denied for calls too?
Yes, you'll be denied for both.