Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 11-16-2017, 12:41 PM

Default Intro--mystilew from Texas

Good afternoon,

I’m new to the forum, and any guidance would b appreciated. My fiancé was just transferred from County to SAFPF on Tuesday, November 14. We (I nor his family) has heard from him since he was taken from County. We are wondering how we can find out where he is, when we can expect a phone call, and when we can visit. Also, when he was in county we wer using a pre-paid phone system called Securus, but I’m reading some posts about registering your phone and people having issues with receiving calls. How are we supposed to know any of this information if we aren’t provided it by someone at the facility?

Thank you so much for all your help. I’m so glad I found this forum. It feels so good to be able to talk to people going through (or having been through) the same situation.

Patiently waiting....

Last edited by mystilew; 11-16-2017 at 01:00 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2017, 12:52 PM

Welcome! Although my LO is in Colorado, when he was sent from jail to prison, it was 10 days before he could make a phone call. His phone list had to be approved and he had to get a pin. It was about a week before the DOC website updated to his location. It's a security thing. He has to be processed and see medical etc. It's a process unfortunately! I found out where he was by receiving a text from someone else's loved one in his pod. Hang tight. It's tough, but manageable. Take care.
The Following User Says Thank You to angelbaby2417 For This Useful Post:
mystilew (11-19-2017)
Old 11-16-2017, 12:56 PM

Angelbaby2417,
Thanks so much for the response. I was getting very worried. We have talked 2-3 times a day up until he left, so I had no idea what was going on.
Old 11-16-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystilew View Post
Angelbaby2417,
Thanks so much for the response. I was getting very worried. We have talked 2-3 times a day up until he left, so I had no idea what was going on.
You are so welcome! I know the feeling, it can be very disheartening.
Old 11-16-2017, 01:56 PM

Okay, I called the SAFP Coordinator to see if she could give me any information, and she didn’t know he had been transferred. She said he had likely been picked up on a “chain” and was going to be going to a transfer facility called “Byrd” in Huntsville?? (I think I’m getting this information correct— I could be getting it mixed up). She said he won’t have any phone privileges because he isn’t actually registered with a unit and it could be 2 weeks before I hear from him. Then again, this is all speculation on her part. She actually said I knew more than her because she had no idea he had been picked up. Wow. I’m a little surprised at how the left hand doesn’t know what the right hand is doing (so-to-speak)... One would think the judicial system would be a little more organized. Just sayin. SMH ��
The Following User Says Thank You to mystilew For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (11-17-2017)