Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-04-2018, 08:56 PM
MrsStoddard MrsStoddard is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 32
Thanks: 23
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default Current time to transfer to SQ and reception time?

Anyone know how long it is currently taking to get transferred to SQ from a county facility, and how long reception is taking? My husband’s been on the transfer list to go from Santa Rita in Alameda County to SQ since 2/6/18. I am pregnant and due with our first child 6/23. I would love to have him out of reception by then so I can contact him.

Thanks for any info!!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-06-2018, 08:30 PM
MHDT MHDT is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: CA USA
Posts: 19
Thanks: 14
Thanked 22 Times in 10 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStoddard View Post
Anyone know how long it is currently taking to get transferred to SQ from a county facility, and how long reception is taking? My husband’s been on the transfer list to go from Santa Rita in Alameda County to SQ since 2/6/18. I am pregnant and due with our first child 6/23. I would love to have him out of reception by then so I can contact him.

Thanks for any info!!
My husband was transferred to sq from county in about 2 weeks. I think it all depends on the facility. He was in reception for about a little over a month in sq but he was then transferred to another prison before being transferred to the one he's currently at. Which is why I think it took so long & reception at the prison he's at was about a week.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-12-2018, 06:10 PM
MrsStoddard MrsStoddard is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 32
Thanks: 23
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDT View Post
My husband was transferred to sq from county in about 2 weeks. I think it all depends on the facility. He was in reception for about a little over a month in sq but he was then transferred to another prison before being transferred to the one he's currently at. Which is why I think it took so long & reception at the prison he's at was about a week.


Thanks for the info. He actually got transferred to sq he day after I posted. He called yesterday and is in Donner, does that mean he’s out of reception already?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsStoddard For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-12-2018)
  #4  
Old 05-10-2018, 05:42 AM
sidewalker sidewalker is offline
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: ca usa
Posts: 33,492
Thanks: 59,281
Thanked 32,129 Times in 16,041 Posts
Default

Reception is supposed to be like 90 days or so.
It can take longer (alot longer! but its not the usual)
It may be that he can make a phone call from reception as I have heard they are letting them have a phone call a month.

(also not entirely sure but I thought Donner WAS reception.....I could be wrong there tho)

Have him send you a visitor application if you have not already got one.
You wouldnt be able to contact him, he would have to contact you (once out of reception)
__________________
My windows aren't dirty

That's my dog's nose art

Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-13-2018, 10:54 AM
MrsStoddard MrsStoddard is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Oakland, CA
Posts: 32
Thanks: 23
Thanked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Reception is supposed to be like 90 days or so.
It can take longer (alot longer! but its not the usual)
It may be that he can make a phone call from reception as I have heard they are letting them have a phone call a month.

(also not entirely sure but I thought Donner WAS reception.....I could be wrong there tho)

Have him send you a visitor application if you have not already got one.
You wouldnt be able to contact him, he would have to contact you (once out of reception)


Thank you for the reply. I finally got to see him last weekend, 5/5. He was transferred on 3/5. Is still in reception. 5 weeks till our baby is born hoping to get him out of reception by then!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsStoddard For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-17-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
reception, san quentin, santa rita, transfer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Current R&C (Intake) time at Perryville NoAgendaShow Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions 2 11-05-2013 12:52 AM
What is louisiana's current good time? tanamcmahon Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail 0 04-05-2012 12:31 PM
how much time can they add to his current sentence his ryde or die Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat 4 03-06-2010 12:35 PM
Current Wait time on Greensheets need2bewithhe Pennsylvania Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service 6 12-29-2008 04:55 PM
Transfer reception vs. first-time reception Sunflower76 California General Prison Talk 2 08-27-2006 07:04 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:05 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics