Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

San Quentin State Prison (SQ) - California Topic and discussion specific to San Quentin State Prison located in San Quentin, California.

Old 03-04-2018, 08:56 PM

Default Current time to transfer to SQ and reception time?

Anyone know how long it is currently taking to get transferred to SQ from a county facility, and how long reception is taking? My husband’s been on the transfer list to go from Santa Rita in Alameda County to SQ since 2/6/18. I am pregnant and due with our first child 6/23. I would love to have him out of reception by then so I can contact him.

Thanks for any info!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2018, 08:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsStoddard View Post
Anyone know how long it is currently taking to get transferred to SQ from a county facility, and how long reception is taking? My husband’s been on the transfer list to go from Santa Rita in Alameda County to SQ since 2/6/18. I am pregnant and due with our first child 6/23. I would love to have him out of reception by then so I can contact him.

Thanks for any info!!
My husband was transferred to sq from county in about 2 weeks. I think it all depends on the facility. He was in reception for about a little over a month in sq but he was then transferred to another prison before being transferred to the one he's currently at. Which is why I think it took so long & reception at the prison he's at was about a week.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDT View Post
My husband was transferred to sq from county in about 2 weeks. I think it all depends on the facility. He was in reception for about a little over a month in sq but he was then transferred to another prison before being transferred to the one he's currently at. Which is why I think it took so long & reception at the prison he's at was about a week.

Thanks for the info. He actually got transferred to sq he day after I posted. He called yesterday and is in Donner, does that mean he’s out of reception already?
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsStoddard For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (05-12-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 05:42 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 32,129 Times in 16,041 Posts

Reception is supposed to be like 90 days or so.
It can take longer (alot longer! but its not the usual)
It may be that he can make a phone call from reception as I have heard they are letting them have a phone call a month.

(also not entirely sure but I thought Donner WAS reception.....I could be wrong there tho)

Have him send you a visitor application if you have not already got one.
You wouldnt be able to contact him, he would have to contact you (once out of reception)

That's my dog's nose art

Old 05-13-2018, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
Reception is supposed to be like 90 days or so.
It can take longer (alot longer! but its not the usual)
It may be that he can make a phone call from reception as I have heard they are letting them have a phone call a month.

(also not entirely sure but I thought Donner WAS reception.....I could be wrong there tho)

Have him send you a visitor application if you have not already got one.
You wouldnt be able to contact him, he would have to contact you (once out of reception)

Thank you for the reply. I finally got to see him last weekend, 5/5. He was transferred on 3/5. Is still in reception. 5 weeks till our baby is born hoping to get him out of reception by then!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsStoddard For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (05-17-2018)