Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-13-2018, 05:53 PM

Unhappy Can someone help me understand the process, wording on his dockett?

My husband was transferred from SCI graterford to SCI houtzdale today, and his court date is tomorrow (in Philadelphia). Itís been postponed 3 times already while he was in graterford. Then today, without notice, they transferred him even farther away a day before his court date to a prison almost 4 hours away from Philly!. Iíve been checking his docket sheet for any notices of change but it still says his court date is scheduled (as it has the past three times) but it says his WRIT is prepared. On his docket sheet it says the commonwealth is not ready & the seuizure analysis is outstanding, and that the defense (my husband) is ready. Iím just confused as to why they transferred him even farther and if the transfer will affect his court date. Heís been sitting in prison for four months because he violated parole for the first time and was charged with a misdemeanor offense. His pd said the case would be more than likely dropped but I donít know if parole will drop his detainer. His parole officer told me theyíre going to keep him until the outcome of the case but it keeps dragging on! Anyone else been through this or something similar and could give me any advice as to what to expect? Is there a limit on how many times the court date can be postponed, and does anyone know what it means when a Ďseizure analysis is outstandingí? It seems as if they donít have enough evidence. I wish I could post his docket so someone could get a better insight and help me to understand what they mean. Iím feeling lost and just want my husband home but I feel like Iím waiting for something thatís never going to happen. Our lease is up on May & if he doesnít come home weíre gpong to lose our house.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2018, 02:00 PM

Post Criminal case withdrawn, but still being held on detainer.

So my loved one was scheduled for court today but was moved prisons suddenly which made it virtually impossible for him to be transferred to appear in front of the judge. I made some calls, spoke with the superintendent of the prison he’s currently at and she said she would see what she can do to get him in front of a judge by the end of the week.

I check his docket sheet an hour or so later, come to find out, his criminal case was withdrawn and is now closed. Parole has been holding him on a detainer because of this case, and they told me months ago they will decide what they’re going to do once the outcome of the criminal case is determined. Well, like I said, the case is now closed and the charges no longer stand BUT, I am aware that regardless he still violated his parole.

This is his first parole violation, and I tried calling the parole board in Harrisburg to find out some more information as to what can happen next... like IF & when parole would drop the detainer, but I was told by the parole board that the decision is solely up to his parole officer. The case was a misdemeanor offense, but I know regardless that it doesn’t matter.

Is it possible parole can just lift the detainer and release him within the next week or two? I’m wondering what to expect, and I’m waiting for calls back from both my LO’s parole officer as well as his parole Officer’s supervisor. Any & all insight is appreciated. I want to be happy, I want to feel as if he will be coming home soon, but I don’t want to get my hopes up. The parole board suggested I call the parole officer and see what he says but last time we spoke (months ago), he had lied to me and I’m not sure I can trust his word.

Last edited by tkite; 03-14-2018 at 02:03 PM..
Old 03-14-2018, 06:22 PM

Thanked 1,082 Times in 480 Posts

There are several scenarios that could occur. You will lose your mind if you don't breathe and find patience.
I know its tough, but only they can make that call.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms Sunny For This Useful Post:
nimuay (03-15-2018)