Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-15-2019, 06:59 PM

Default SHU: phone call on the 30th day or any day after?

My husband has been in the SHU now for 30 days. He wrote and told me he would be able to call every 30 but havenít got a call yet. Does anyone know do they get a phone call on the 30th day or any day after?
Also does anyone have a loved one who was sent to the SHU for a sharp toothbrush that was found in cell? How long might he be in there?
I feel as if Iím going crazy not knowing what is going on.... 😔
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2019, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem23 View Post
My husband has been in the SHU now for 30 days. He wrote and told me he would be able to call every 30 but havenít got a call yet. Does anyone know do they get a phone call on the 30th day or any day after?

Also does anyone have a loved one who was sent to the SHU for a sharp toothbrush that was found in cell? How long might he be in there?

I feel as if Iím going crazy not knowing what is going on....
There is a portable phone that is taken around to the people in the Shu. Its when the guards feel like doing it really.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to upsetspouse For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-16-2019), michellem23 (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michellem23 View Post

I feel as if Iím going crazy not knowing what is going on....
This will be up to the disiplinary counsel on how long and any other charges or infraction will come into play. Hope it's not a long stretch for him.
The Following User Says Thank You to upsetspouse For This Useful Post:
michellem23 (02-15-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 07:51 PM

yes i agree with everyone but its every 30 days..my fiancee has been in the shu for 3 months now and its been very hard on both of us..but we write everyday and he calls me every 30 days its very hard but this is my second one so it does past just write and try to keep yourself busy thats all i can say
Old 02-15-2019, 08:19 PM

Thanks, no phone call today. Nobody has heard from him
Maybe tomorrow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFaswife View Post
yes i agree with everyone but its every 30 days..my fiancee has been in the shu for 3 months now and its been very hard on both of us..but we write everyday and he calls me every 30 days its very hard but this is my second one so it does past just write and try to keep yourself busy thats all i can say
The Following User Says Thank You to michellem23 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-16-2019)
Old 02-15-2019, 09:49 PM

yes maybe ill hope so for you i know how it feels to look forward to that phone call after nothing for the month but its up to them when they bring the phone around and for me its mostly at night when hes able to finally call smh
Old 02-15-2019, 10:04 PM

Thank you, yes I could hardly sleep last night bc of it but fingers crossed Iíll hear from him soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFaswife View Post
yes maybe ill hope so for you i know how it feels to look forward to that phone call after nothing for the month but its up to them when they bring the phone around and for me its mostly at night when hes able to finally call smh
The Following User Says Thank You to michellem23 For This Useful Post:
ToFaswife (02-16-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 05:58 AM

Inmates generally get phone calls BEFORE day 30. Right before. Does he have money on his account to make calls? Have you gotten any missed calls?

A sharpened toothbrush is considered a weapon and will be treated as such.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:03 PM

Yes, there is money on the account. No missed calls. He has still not had a meeting regarding the situation according to his last letter. He has no idea what is going on. I donít know if calling would make it any better, but I donít understand why nothing has happened.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerguy View Post
Inmates generally get phone calls BEFORE day 30. Right before. Does he have money on his account to make calls? Have you gotten any missed calls?

A sharpened toothbrush is considered a weapon and will be treated as such.

Yes, there is money on the account. No missed calls. He has still not had a meeting regarding the situation according to his last letter. He has no idea what is going on. I donít know if calling would make it any better, but I donít understand why nothing has happened.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:46 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,428 Times in 13,468 Posts

If he is in the SHU for an open ended "investigation", he won't know what is happening unless the SIS agent folks decide to tell him. If he was there as punishment after a disciplinary hearing, he would know how long he will stay.

He won't need money to call you, he will be brought the SHU phone on wheels. One call every 30 days, but the timing is totally up to the COs.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:54 AM

Where I work phone calls are granted usually right before the 30 day mark. Then every 30 days after that.