Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal Probation, Supervised Release, Halfway House and Community Supervision This forum is dedicated to information & discussions relating to U.S. Federal Probation & Community Supervision, including half-way houses.

Old 12-30-2019, 01:03 AM

Default Is he lying about address denial?

Hello,
I have been with my boyfriend for a year. We arenít married, nor do we have history together. We met while incarcerated and as much as I want to believe that everything is ok, sometimes we know when something is up.

I currently live in Arkansas. Heís originally from Washington, D.C. but is serving his sentence in my state. He finished his RDAP program in September and put in his halfway house papers then. He said he also submitted an address change so that he can parole to me.

Well, a week ago. I asked whether or not heíd heard anything because I hadnít gotten a letter, call or visit regarding the issue of home check. He said that he didnít know what happened but a PO went to do a home check in Washington, but his family member wasnít there and they have yet to reschedule. I asked again, what did his case manager say about the address change because I know itís more than a yes or no situation. He said he didnít know, yet again.

Now, things have gotten so difficult because he is soon to be released and I keep telling him my honest opinions. He says itís all in my head and that his love is geninune and real, but heís dealing with so much stress and worry about coming home. I donít know what to believe anymore.

My big question is: what is the process that one undergoes when they submit a new address to their case manager, to put in their file? Is a yes or no situation, with no contacting me on reasons why I was denied? Or does it take thorough investigation?

Also, I might add. His facility has not been the nicest to me. The guards even went as far as contacting my father and telling him I was visiting a prisoner and sending letters. I am 24 years old and live alone. I donít know whether or not to trust him at this point. Dealing with anxiety and depression, I always second guess things and situations. When it comes to this, I have belief that maybe he didnít even submit my address to begin with.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2019, 07:00 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,454 Times in 13,483 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk. A change of release location request is sent by the bop unit team to the US Probation office at the new location. You can call the local US Probation office to ask if that ever happened. It is a process, but one that is documented from beginning to end.

Once the local probation office receives the request, they investigate it, usually including a home visit inspection, and report their decision to the bop case manager. If USPO didn't receive it, it probably never happened, which is the most likely reason why you haven't heard anything from them, and he will be released back to Washington, DC. If it wasn't sent by accident, a couple of phone calls between the prison and the PO could probably remedy the situation.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 12-30-2019 at 07:04 AM..
Old 12-30-2019, 07:16 AM

Thanked 1,172 Times in 531 Posts

Why would COs contact your father? That seems totally weird and very inappropriate
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to trauma4us For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (12-30-2019), patchouli (12-30-2019), sidewalker (12-30-2019)
Old 12-30-2019, 07:47 AM
Until the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by trauma4us View Post
Why would COs contact your father? That seems totally weird and very inappropriate
The only thing that makes any sense, is if he's connected to the prison system. How would they know, let alone care why she talks to inmates.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor611 View Post
The only thing that makes any sense, is if he's connected to the prison system. How would they know, let alone care why she talks to inmates.

I live in a small town where everyone knows everyone. I have no idea why the CO keeps harassing me or contacting my family members. I donít break any rules, nor put my business in the open. The sad part about it, I donít know which one did it. My friend who knows more about corrections than I do, stated that if I knew the officerís name, I could report it to the warden.
Old 12-30-2019, 12:46 PM

Thanked 4,017 Times in 1,228 Posts

If this is a federal prison and you have no prior history together and the warden clearly knows that, then the application could definitely have been denied without any home visit or contacting you with a reason. They owe you nothing. For the record, I think it’s far more likely that he never planned to move in with you and was always intending to go back home.

You are not entitled to privacy when you enter a federal facility to visit an inmate, so if someone at the prison knows your dad and thinks he should know for whatever reason or no reason, there’s nothing you can do about that. I grew up in a small town too, and word gets around.

Anyway... you are suspicious of this guy, he doesn’t make you feel good, you were upset that your family found out, you have unresolved mental health issues, you don’t trust him. Take some of the emotion out of the situation and decide if this is really the life you dreamed of. Good luck to you.
Old 12-30-2019, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseille View Post
If this is a federal prison and you have no prior history together and the warden clearly knows that, then the application could definitely have been denied without any home visit or contacting you with a reason. They owe you nothing. For the record, I think itís far more likely that he never planned to move in with you and was always intending to go back home.

You are not entitled to privacy when you enter a federal facility to visit an inmate, so if someone at the prison knows your dad and thinks he should know for whatever reason or no reason, thereís nothing you can do about that. I grew up in a small town too, and word gets around.

Anyway... you are suspicious of this guy, he doesnít make you feel good, you were upset that your family found out, you have unresolved mental health issues, you donít trust him. Take some of the emotion out of the situation and decide if this is really the life you dreamed of. Good luck to you.
I didnít say anywhere that he doesnít make me feel good. Iíve been happier than Iíve ever been in the past relationships Iíve had. The love is indeed there. I have been through so much so when it comes to trust, I donít trust a lot of people. I have never trust a man. I know thereís always a chance that something could be off but I do believe things happen for a reason regardless
Old 12-30-2019, 09:02 PM

We didn’t even try to go that route, we are mwi too. He went to a halfway apartment building for about two months did well and made the po happy. After po was comfortable and happy we asked for him to move to my house. At this point two months out, has a job and all random drug test are clean the po was fine with it. This was also really good for us to be able to get to know each other out here before living together. Good luck I hope it all works out. It’s not easy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimimi For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-31-2019), lovelybones2424 (12-30-2019), patchouli (12-30-2019)
Old 12-31-2019, 11:44 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,162 Times in 1,441 Posts

You won't be contacted unless his designation transfer was approved. If you're the only connection in AK and he has a good support system in DC, I'm guessing he will end up in DC. Admin issues are basically suspended during the holidays, so you shouldn't expect much right now.