Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 07-15-2007, 08:29 AM

I did not realize that...I thought it had to be fixed or something. It's disgusting how they treat them like dogs. Dogs maybe an understatement mine gets ac.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2007, 09:36 PM
dangerously in love

My baby was there last November, he said that if he owned that place and hell, he'd live in hell and rent that place out. He said it was stank, nasty and devoid of all hope. They don't care how hot it is, all they have are the fans blowing around the hot air and the stench of sweating men without deodorant.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Old 08-11-2007, 06:13 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita7997
Does anyone know of the situtation @ SFRC having no a.c.? That sounds horrible because 1 we are in south florida and 2 it's the summer. Is this an onging thing?

Thanks

HEY I JUST WANTED TO ASK U SINCE MY MAN IS AT S.F.R.C. AS WELL, HOW DO I CONTACT THE COMPANY THAT DOES THEIR COLLECT CALLING? IS IT MCI? OR WHO IS IT.. PLEASE I NEED HELP
Old 08-14-2007, 02:30 PM
Us Against the World

GTL handles the collect calls 800-231-0193

Quote:
Originally Posted by DADDY'S GIRL13
HEY I JUST WANTED TO ASK U SINCE MY MAN IS AT S.F.R.C. AS WELL, HOW DO I CONTACT THE COMPANY THAT DOES THEIR COLLECT CALLING? IS IT MCI? OR WHO IS IT.. PLEASE I NEED HELP
Old 09-22-2007, 08:57 PM

Question Phone calls and mail at SFRC

Can anyone tell me how long it should take to receive a phone call from SFRC? How long does it take to get your number approved after they've submitted their phone list? Is there anyway I can call there to find out if my number's been approved? Anyone in particular I should speak with? Any time I've called there I just wanna go through the roof when I hang up because they're so unbelievably RUDE! Monday will be 7 days since his transfer and I haven't received a phone call yet. No mail either! I know it takes about 4 days for his mail to reach me from county down there to New Jersey but I'm starting to worry.
Old 09-23-2007, 07:29 PM

My experience with SFRC was that it took them 10 days to approve the phone list that my BF turned in to his Classification Officer during Orientation.

He received mail that I'd sent him before he was able to call me. I received my first letter from him probably 5-6 days after he was transferred there, but I'm local...so it didn't have as far to go.

Hold tight...keep your chin up. Your phone will ring...hopefully this week.

Last edited by Florida Girl; 09-23-2007 at 07:41 PM..
Old 09-23-2007, 07:41 PM

Chewy - I went through my box of letters and found the first one that my BF had sent me from the day he was transferred to SFRC. Thought this might help you to know that when they first arrive there, they go through an eight day bootcamp/military-style orientation and processing which includes a physical as well as completion of a battery of others test (i.e. IQ/psychological)...also, I don't believe he turns in his phone list until he sees his Classification Officer, which is probably towards the end of the 8 day orientation. Hope some of this helps.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:57 PM
Donation Award 

Default thanx for a great ?/and great info in answer

chewy---we were wondering the process too.
floridagirl-thank you for the great insight. it's a huge help!
Old 09-24-2007, 10:48 PM

Hellcat - No problem. Anytime. I cannot tell you how lost I was (we were) when this whole process started. We knew nothing; we were so naive. And honestly, I cannot wait until it's behind us. But until then...I help you, others help me....it's a great network. Glad I found PTO.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:31 AM

hey my boyfriend arrived to SFRC on friday.. can sum1 pls send me a copy of the visitation form to my email please.. westdadecaro@aim.com I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Visitation Form For Sfrc

hey can sum1 please send me the visitation form for sfrc thrue email please: westdadecaro@aim.com ... thnx alot!!!! god bless
Old 10-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

thanks florida girl-- the information helped me too.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:27 PM

Nikka - Glad it helped.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:01 PM
Missing My Boo

Default SFRC Questions...

Hi,

My husband just got taken to the SFRC on October 26th from another prison. What are the procedures when they get there?

My husband is in the general population now, but I have not heard a word from him.

Please let me know your experience with South Florida Reception Center.

Thank you,
Angie
Old 11-08-2007, 09:04 AM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

well eddieswife... my man is at sfrc. i didnt get to speak with him for approx. a week. I am guessing that he will call soon since he doesnt have to go through the entire orientation. However i think it still may take a little while for him to get orientated to the new facility and get his phone list all over again..... this is just a GUESS.
if you are worried than write him. he will get those letters and perhaps wil get someone to "relay" a message to you.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:59 AM
Missing My Boo

Default Hi Nikka

Nikka,

Thanks for replying. I wrote my husband today and sent him some writing supplies. I just found out he was st SFRC on November 6th. He had requested to leave Taylor.

How long has your man been SFRC? What type of environment is it?

Thanks,
Angie
Old 11-08-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

my man has been there for about 3 weeks. he doesnt like the facility but at the same time he doesnt mind since he is close to home. he wears a white suit and works in the kitchen. i guess its okay. he said that so far it doesnt seem like there are too many fights and most of the men act grown so i dont know. like i said-- he only been there 3 weeks so we will see how it goes in 6 months.
do u know what cell your man is in?

Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 PM
Missing My Boo

Hi Nikka,

My husband has only been there since October 26th. They are going to transfer him to another facility. My husband is in dorm AD - whatever that means. Wow, your guy works in the kitchen. Cool. I wrote my husband today. I am hoping to hear from him at some point. This is the longest I have not heard from him since he has been in the prison system. He only has about 7 months to go on his sentence.

How long did it take before you received a letter?

Angie
Old 11-08-2007, 10:55 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

you know its funny.. he writes the dates on his letters and it was the 25th when i got the letter that was dated the 18th.

congrats on your guy only having 7mths left. my man just started his sentence so we still have 2 yrs to go. i dont know what AD means and since he is going to be transferred to another facility you might get the letters after he leaves sfrc. the mail there is sooooo slow and i doubt that he will be there for a long time since that isnt his permanent location. just keep checking and see what it says under his name.

Old 11-09-2007, 03:39 AM
Missing My Boo

Hi Nikka,

Hang in there because 2 years goes by pretty fast. My man left in 2005, he'll get out in 2008. The time pretty much went by fast. Though, there were many days where I went completely crazy missing him though. Real crazy. We worked through most of our issues, we had some tough times. Still are, with him being locked up and all, but we try to keep our faith, in each other and God.

The best thing to do is keep the communication flowing between you two on a constant basis, even when things get tough.

Angie
Old 11-09-2007, 05:47 PM
Missing My Boo

I just received 2 letters from my husband today. I was so happy to read he is doing fine.

Angie
Old 11-09-2007, 10:10 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

oh angie!
congrats on the letters! i know it relieved alot of stress from your shoulders. do he know where they will be moving him to for a permanent location? did he get your letters?
man 200 is right around the corner. i know you are excited. i hope my 2 years go by fast! i miss him and tired of being alone. what did you do for the 2+ years to make your time go by fast?

Old 11-09-2007, 11:57 PM
Missing My Boo

Hey Nikka,

Thanks. Yes, I was happy to hear from him. He told me he loved me, how much he wants to come home, and explained his situation for going to SFRC to me. I am happy he is okay. I sent him my letters on 11-08-07, so he did not receive them yet.

He said he will request to be sent somewhere close to home. They have to find a prison that meets the criteria for his situation, of course, you know how the DOC rules and guidelines are.

To make the time go by fast, I kept busy working at my job, and living life the best I could under the circumstances. It also helps to stay in constant touch with your guy, especially through the tough times. We had some tough times, but we always worked things out. Sometimes I cried, sometimes I screamed at him. There was one time I got so mad at him and called him dumb. He didn't talk to me for 5 days. I have to admit, I won't be calling him names anymore when I get mad at him -- wrong thing to do. I just lost it out of frustration.

The best thing about all the time he was gone was we got to work on our relationship and learn to communicate our feelings and emotions to each other. I like the openess approach -- just lay it all out there and let's deal with the issues. In a sense, our relationship has grown stronger and we definitely have a more solid foundation than before he went to prison. We used the time he had in prison to actually help build our relationship.

I went through my periods of lonliness and feelings of abandonment. There were things I did that I should not have done and I thought I had to keep them a secret from him until he came home. A family member encouraged me to just tell him and I did. My husband respected me for telling the truth and we were able to really get into why I did what I did and solve the whole issue. Now it's not even a problem. That whole open communication thing really works for me. My husband likes it and he now feels more comfortable expressing his feelings and emotions to me.

Just try to get your guy to always be honest and open with you. That's my approach now. And I am open and honest with my husband.

Basically, building a bond between the two of you is the best thing to do. It can get rocky at times, but the results will last forever. We also did a lot of praying and totally leaving a lot to God. He did a lot of praying for me, because I was the weaker one it seems. I never had to deal with seperation like this before. We build our relationship around faith, something I will always do now, even after he gets out.

No relationship is perfect, but if you respect each other and want the relationship to get better, it will. Of course, it takes two to get it done. I am glad my husband wants us to be a team. It took awhile for us to get on the same page -- we are there now. We have a solid foundation to continue building on our relationship after he gets home. I am happy my guy has that potential and wants to have an enriching relationship, a special relationship that will last after he is released. The reason I stay with my husband is that I know he respects me and he treats me like a queen. It's really important to feel special, and secure in knowing you are loved and appreciated.

Now if my guy can learn to follow the rules of his probation, he'll be alright. And we can leave this prison stuff alone for good.

LOL

Last edited by eddieswife; 11-10-2007 at 12:07 AM..
Old 11-10-2007, 03:38 PM
I'm Wifey
Donation Award 

Thats great angie that you guys have grown so much and have established such a strong relationship. That is excellent. It's sad that he had to be away but everything happens for a reason. Perhaps God knew that this is what was needed so that yall can grow to the point where you guys are at now. Life and love is some complicated stuff.I dont know what you did and ended up telling your husband but werent you scared? nervous? i think i would of had a heart attack! I really hope that my time goes as well as yours did.

These 2 years are going to be hard. I am in the same stages you were with the loniless and stuff. I just need a hug, and a kiss. Not really sex but just some affection... you know? I am just trying to find something to do that will be constructive before i get myself in trouble and do something I have no business doing.

So, how did he say SFRC is? What custody is your husband in? What prisons are close to your home? I would suggest to call his classification officer at SFRC and explain that he comes home soon.. and you was wondering if there is anyway he can be place somewhere close to home. I am not sure if it works but my boyfriends cousin and i called his classification officer and he was fortuante to stay close by. Do it work all the time? i doubt it but at the same time it couldnt hurt to try.

nikka

Old 11-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Missing My Boo

Hi Nikka,

Yes, I was scared to tell him I strayed. I strayed because I got really emotionally weak and lost it for several months. I was extremely lonely and was trying to feel the void of my husband not being around. It was also during a long period of time when we could not talk on the telephone and I could not go visit him.

A family member told me to tell him and I did. I was going to wait until he was released to tell him. I am glad I told him. My husband was devastated. We worked through all the issues on our own, together. Now we are stronger than ever.

I talked to him on the telephone today. I can go through all my feelings and emotions with him, and it's okay. I don't have to hold back -- and that's nice. It seems like a man respects his woman more when she stands up for herself and keeps him in check. I keep my man in check now and he loves that. He calls me his second brain.

The time has been tough Nikka, real tough. But we have a solid relationship now -- all because we worked on it most of the time he was gone.

Relationships get tested -- so be prepared. You'll discover if he is truly the man for you by how you guys can work together towards having a happy and healthy relationship.

I am not the kind of woman that is going to settle for being treated like garbage any more ( like I was treated in past relationships ). I made up my mind that I want to be with a man that will respect himself, me and others. Most importantly, someone that would not abuse me in any capacity. My husband treats me great. And he has other qualities that work for me. So I decided to stick with him through this difficult journey and he sticks by me as well.

I did not get the perfect husband that I always dreamed of, but I'll keep the man I have now, flaws and all.

I was not very good at handling the lonliness part, after about a year and a half I started to break. Thank God my family and God intervened to stop my stupidity. My lesson learned was that there was no man that could take the place of my husband. God had me see that. And my husband has forgiven me. Yay!

Turn to family and friends for emotional support if you feel like you are cracking or are tempted to stray. I did not turn to family before I strayed, but after. I would even suggest counseling if some women may be open to that -- to help cope with the stress of a spouse or a loved one being in prison.

My husband said that SFRC's showers are clean, their food is a whole lot better than at the facility he was recently at, and that the guards are respectful of the inmates.

He is in close custody. We live close to Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Century.

Yea, I'll call his CO again and request he be sent close to home. It won't hurt to make a request. Thanks.

LOL

Last edited by eddieswife; 11-10-2007 at 05:42 PM..