Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > VIRGINIA > Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Virginia that do not fit into any other Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-30-2018, 06:23 PM

Default Anyone Still Waiting For Va Department of Corrections To Calculate Time?

I've been calling non stop to Va DOC every week to figure this out for my husband. He has been sentenced for a year now and he is due to be home in April 2019. They refuse to calculate his time and it's so frustrating because we know he is supposed to be home really soon. I've emailed them and called them with no luck. Anyone else having this problem?
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2019, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsFreeman716 View Post
I've been calling non stop to Va DOC every week to figure this out for my husband. He has been sentenced for a year now and he is due to be home in April 2019. They refuse to calculate his time and it's so frustrating because we know he is supposed to be home really soon. I've emailed them and called them with no luck. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm assuming it's not listed on their website. Has he talked to his counselor? Is he in the local jail or already moved into a prison? My husband didn't get any update until he actually moved into the prison. He was at the county jail for 7 + months after sentencing with no release date. Once he was moved to receiving he got a date, and then every year they give him an update.

If he isn't in at the prison yet, then he'll probably get moved soon. One of the guys he was in with got moved to prison 3months before his release date.

Hope this helps!
Old 02-14-2019, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingHim1106 View Post
I'm assuming it's not listed on their website. Has he talked to his counselor? Is he in the local jail or already moved into a prison? My husband didn't get any update until he actually moved into the prison. He was at the county jail for 7 + months after sentencing with no release date. Once he was moved to receiving he got a date, and then every year they give him an update.

If he isn't in at the prison yet, then he'll probably get moved soon. One of the guys he was in with got moved to prison 3months before his release date.

Hope this helps!

Yes he has been at St.Brides for almost 6 months now. He was sentenced to DOC time and waited to be moved to prison for almost a year. He is due to come home in April based on his estimated release date. He is probably pasted his release date because he had tons of jail credits.