Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:34 PM

Default What does this sentence mean in Ohio; how much time will he serve?

Can someone please tell me what this sentence means.How much he HAS to serve and when he can try for perole or judy or time off? in Ohio. Thank you!
Stated Prison term
20 years

expiration stated term
02/23/2050

Mandatory sentence
30 years

Indefinite sentence min
30 years
Indefinite sentence max
Life sentence
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2019, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmariebfly View Post
Can someone please tell me what this sentence means.How much he HAS to serve and when he can try for perole or judy or time off? in Ohio. Thank you!

Stated Prison term

20 years

expiration stated term

02/23/2050

Mandatory sentence

30 years

Indefinite sentence min

30 years

Indefinite sentence max

Life sentence
Unfortunately I don't know in Ohio. In NJ where my man is the have a mandatory minimum which is 85% of their sentencing before eligibility for parole. It the No Early Release Act. Maybe in Ohio he has to serve the 20years. I think that's what it means but again I'm not sure
Old 03-31-2019, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessmariebfly View Post
Stated Prison term
20 years

expiration stated term
02/23/2050

Mandatory sentence
30 years

Indefinite sentence min
30 years
Indefinite sentence max
Life sentence
I would go with the mandatory number. So 30 years. Im not quite sure why it would say 20 years unless there are more chargers that are consecutive. The 30 occurs in mandatory and minimum and expiration so yeah 30 years.