Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > Dieting & Health
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Dieting or exercising, which is harder for you?
Dieting/eating right 31 34.83%
Exercising 23 25.84%
Both are equally hard 30 33.71%
Both are easy & no problem 2 2.25%
I dont even bother 3 3.37%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-17-2013, 03:31 PM
Loving a Lifer!
Donation Award 

i work out every day for 2 hours. i am vegetarian. eating right can be tough so i limit myself to 1 fat day per week. i am okay with that!
Old 02-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Banned

I loved exercising my whole life. Always belonged to the best gyms and ran in parks and on the beach regulary. Up until about 5 years ago. Then I just started hating it. Got old I guess

"Dieting" is what I'm doing now although it's Weight Watcher's so it's more of a life style change then a "diet". Weight loss is actually only 30% of working out and a whole 70% is the way you eat so it works for me
(I do wish I was more toned though)
Old 02-18-2013, 08:41 AM

I've struggled with my weight and today I started a WL journey with someone here on PTO. We are support one another, we both have goals to eat better, and workout. I have everything that i need at home, eliptical machine, exercise bike, Zumba workout dvds, a JUICER I mean..everything. Now It's all about me making it a priority.
For those just starting, So AM I. for those who have lost weight, congratulations!
make sure you're taking vitamins!! Those supplements are needed when dieting

Its all about the journey, have fun with it.
Good Luck to everyone!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:45 PM

Thanked 1,466 Times in 822 Posts

I've heard that losing weight is 80% about diet and only 20% about exercise. As much as I hate to agree, my own experience reflects this. Three years ago I began exercising and eating sensibly. After 1-1/2 years I had lost 120 pounds! But when I met my man (at the gym!) we would workout and then go drink and eat so I gained 15 pounds back...then another 5 when he was arrested. I was able to get off most of that extra 20 pounds, but at that point I still had 60 more to lose. i stepped up my exercise a LOT. I was running 3 miles per day plus swimming one mile and 1-2 hours of racquetball...EVERY day and still not losing weight and always dealing with an injury from so much exercise. In December I saw a coupon for a Crossfit class so I went. I got hooked right away and cut my exercise back to just doing Crossfit 3x per week and swimming a mile on the other days and began to eat a Paleo diet. I lost 14.5 pounds the first month! I eat more now and I don't have to count calories or points or whatever, but more importantly I feel strong and healthy and Im much better able to handle the prison/deportation stress.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NeverDull For This Useful Post:
Glitter1986 (11-07-2016), mg113 (02-19-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDull
I've heard that losing weight is 80% about diet and only 20% about exercise. As much as I hate to agree, my own experience reflects this. Three years ago I began exercising and eating sensibly. After 1-1/2 years I had lost 120 pounds! But when I met my man (at the gym!) we would workout and then go drink and eat so I gained 15 pounds back...then another 5 when he was arrested. I was able to get off most of that extra 20 pounds, but at that point I still had 60 more to lose. i stepped up my exercise a LOT. I was running 3 miles per day plus swimming one mile and 1-2 hours of racquetball...EVERY day and still not losing weight and always dealing with an injury from so much exercise. In December I saw a coupon for a Crossfit class so I went. I got hooked right away and cut my exercise back to just doing Crossfit 3x per week and swimming a mile on the other days and began to eat a Paleo diet. I lost 14.5 pounds the first month! I eat more now and I don't have to count calories or points or whatever, but more importantly I feel strong and healthy and Im much better able to handle the prison/deportation stress.
This is 100% true. I was told by an excerise expert at the local fitness center that for weightloss it was 25% excercise and 75% what you put in your mouth and he was right. Anyone who tells you different does not know what they are talking about. I too went to a gym for 5 weeks straight - 6 days a week and lost NOTHING. I did not change my eating habits at that time though. I joined WW and lost 50 punds in 6 months with very light excercise and kept it off for the last two years. So for anyone trying anything either do both (eating habits AND excercise) or concentrate on changing eating habits first. You will get more weight off and then you will feel more energetic and feeling better about yourself and you will find yourself wanting to be healthier by adding some excercise. Sometimes when you are just starting on the journey to a better you trying to change everything at once is too much and you will be overwhelmed. I swear my secret for keeping it off was that I never drink soda. I order water wherever I go and drink water at home.

Last edited by Miss_Olivia; 06-30-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Old 09-08-2015, 05:10 AM

Exercise. I'm too lazy.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:01 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,976 Times in 1,742 Posts

Diet hands down! Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym! I literally work out so I can eat what I want lol!
Old 02-19-2018, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
Diet hands down! Abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym! I literally work out so I can eat what I want lol!
I like your style lol!
The Following User Says Thank You to Kbsles For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-20-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 04:09 PM
Coopers disciple

Well since I got my gastric bypass diet is not much of an issue anymore. But exercise is my nemesis. I need someone to kick my a** some.
Old 02-19-2018, 07:42 PM

I exercise ..spin .strength training..trx. I like it but the problem is I love food ..so I'm fit but when I don't watch what I eat I still gain ..arrrgh

The Following User Says Thank You to cljinct For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (02-20-2018)