Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
candi

Default Dept of Corrections

I am looking for an answer

My husband was sentenced Apr 17th that was 24 days ago

but he has been in jail since Feb 6th

Any idea how long before he will be transferred from county jail to DOC???

He is getting so impatient, he is in special management in jail because he is on medication so he is locked down all but 2 hrs a day.

Will he also be on lockdown all but a few hrs a day at DOC

Scott Peterson in San Quentin gets 5 hrs out a day and he killed his wife and child

My husband took a pleas for 2nd degree assault a crime he did not commit and Peterson gets more freedom....makes no sense....

Anyone that has any answers for me would be so appreciated

Dazed and confused

Last edited by candibaby; 05-11-2009 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: left something out
Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-2009, 05:00 PM

I don't know how quickly he'll go to MRDCC, it depends on how often the county transport to DOC, but that it is where he'll go. I hate to break it to you, but MRDCC is locked down too. He'll be in his cell for 23 hours a day while he's there. My DH was sentenced on a Tuesday and he was moved to DOC on Friday morning, but it was Carroll County.

He stayed at MRDCC for about 10 days.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:55 PM

My man was moved pretty quickly from Baltimore County to MRDCC....he was sentenced on a Wednesday and moved by the following Monday.

MRDCC is the classification center where he'll have to wait to get classified before they determine which facility he'll be placed in. From what I understand, he'll be classified based on factors like criminal history, outstanding court dates and stuff like that. My man spent about 20 days at MRDCC last fall, but I think the time our guys have to spend there depends on how busy the place is and how many inmates are waiting for classification. His phone list was never approved at MRDCC, so he could only call one time when he was first transferred and I didn't hear from him again until he was moved. While he was there, I mailed him plenty of letters/puzzles/newspapers to try to help him deal with the time he had to spend in his cell. MRDCC is a lockdown facility because they have all different security levels in there and they want to keep everything under control...so, on one hand, it sucks that our guys have to be stuck in their cells...but on the other hand, I guess it helps keep them safe.

Once he's classified, he'll move to another facility and then have to follow those rules for how much time he has to spend in his cell. I think each facility is different, so we can't really guess until we know where he's being sent.

I can tell you that if he goes to BCCC, he'll have a lot of free movement. If he goes to MTC, he'll spend all but a few hours a day locked in. I'm guessing he won't go to either of those places, but those are the only places I have details on.

Hope this helps!
Old 05-17-2009, 01:51 AM
candi

Thanks for the information any info I can get helps.
he was transferred to the classification center Friday morning but I have had no phone call, guess I will just have to play the waiting game.

You all have been such a big help
Old 05-17-2009, 12:40 PM

I only got a "complimentary" 15 second call, long enough for him to tell me he was there and it cut off. Waiting sucks!