Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Texas that do not fit into any other Texas subforum.

Old 07-10-2018, 06:12 PM

Default If called, will the unit tell how much longer they'll be on lockdown?

If one calls the unit, can they tell how much longer they will be on lockdown? Will they tell you? Do they actually know?
Old 07-10-2018, 06:42 PM

[quote=LuvmyCandyCaneman;7732452]If one calls the unit, can they tell how much longer they will be on lockdown? Will they tell you? Do they actually know?
[/QUOTE

If they even answer the phone no they will not tell you anything unfortunately several of us are going thru it right now our loved ones has been in lockdown for over a month and half the time the prison doesnít answer the phone and the other half they tell us they donít have any information to give us and itís worse for the inmates they give them false dates and then they tell us and when that date comes itís absolutely nothing smh unfortunately youíre just going to have to wait it out sorry I hope everything works out for you
Old 07-10-2018, 08:20 PM
Southern Fried Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 3,822 Times in 1,316 Posts

No, they won’t. They don’t even usually know exactly...if it’s the semi annuals, it’s whenever they get finished doing all their searches.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:55 PM

[quote=ToFaswife;7732459]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvmyCandyCaneman View Post
If one calls the unit, can they tell how much longer they will be on lockdown? Will they tell you? Do they actually know?
[/QUOTE

If they even answer the phone no they will not tell you anything unfortunately several of us are going thru it right now our loved ones has been in lockdown for over a month and half the time the prison doesnít answer the phone and the other half they tell us they donít have any information to give us and itís worse for the inmates they give them false dates and then they tell us and when that date comes itís absolutely nothing smh unfortunately youíre just going to have to wait it out sorry I hope everything works out for you
OMG!! What kind of souless monsters work there?! At one point before it started T said 45 days, when I spoke to the Chaplin briefly, He said no, it isnt that long. Kinda hinted at 3 weeks. I kinda figured they wouldnt let anyone know anything on the phone, thank God he's been writing me every 2-3 days.
ToFaswife (07-11-2018)
Old 07-11-2018, 04:46 AM

[quote=LuvmyCandyCaneman;7732513]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToFaswife View Post

OMG!! What kind of souless monsters work there?! At one point before it started T said 45 days, when I spoke to the Chaplin briefly, He said no, it isnt that long. Kinda hinted at 3 weeks. I kinda figured they wouldnt let anyone know anything on the phone, thank God he's been writing me every 2-3 days.
smh i ask myself that everyday unfortunately....this people are cruel and dont care about any of the inmates in there in my opinion only....but yes get used to it the mailman is going to become your bestfriend mines has over this last month in a half....and unfortunately these dates be wrong half the time my finacee has given me like 3 different dates since his lockdown started and none of them were true.. smh
Old 07-11-2018, 06:04 AM

Thanked 11,099 Times in 6,007 Posts

It has nothing to do with caring or not caring. Staff in the records office (where the phones are usually located) do not know when the expected end date will be. Further, even with the semi-annual lockdowns (which don't impact visitation), the time can vary.

When there is an incident-related lockdown, you can be on anything from Week 1 to Week 4 (as described in policy...AD 3.31 or 3.35 sticks in my mind but I have not looked in a while). Some will go through all weeks, with those not being calendar weeks. Some will go through only one of the weeks before their part of the unit is restored to normal operation. Oh, and screw up and the unit or building goes back to an earlier week.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
AndyS (07-11-2018), Critter07 (07-11-2018), Sarianna (07-11-2018), ToFaswife (07-11-2018)